WY WY - Wright, "Coal Train Carlos", HispMale 40-50, UP12121, Tattoos "Caridad"/"Cubano"/cross, Nov'95

rats

Justice for Sheridan Jane Doe.
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread for this guy:

NamUs: https://identifyus.org/cases/12121

DoeNet: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2392umwy.html

(Warning: there's a pic of his tattoo, it's his actual arm)

2392UMWY - Unidentified Male

2392UMWY.jpg
2392UMWY1.jpg
2392UMWY2.jpg
2392UMWY3_LARGE.jpg

Artistic rendering of the victim; Victim's tattoo, vest and shoe

Date of Discovery: November 11, 1995
Location of Discovery: Wright, Campbell County, Wyoming
Estimated Date of Death: Unknown
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Hypothermia

Physical Description

Estimated Age: 40-50 years old
Race: White of Cuban descent.
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 150-165 lbs.
Hair Color: Black, graying.
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: A small scar on his left hip. Tattoo on upper left arm of "Caridad" (charity), cross tattoo on web of right hand, and tattoo on his left hand of "Cubano" (Cuban)

Identifiers

Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Short sleeve purple button down shirt, brown pants, undergarments, light-colored socks, brown belt engraved with the name "Morillon," a green Mexican blanket vest, and yellow Cuban heel loafers.
Jewelry: Silver-colored pinky ring.
Additional Personal Items: None

Circumstances of Discovery

The decedent was found frozen on coal train car. There were no signs of trauma. He may have climbed into the coal train car somewhere in Texas.
Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Campbell County Coroner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Jessica Hager
Agency Phone Number: 307-687-6179
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 95-6624

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 12121

Sadly, no DNA, dental, or fingerprints. There's another recon on NamUs, actually it's a recon by Carl.

Thanks for posting, rats. Excellent reconstruction by Carl.

I wasn't able to find anyone missing by the name of Morillon on NamUs; not for first, middle, or last names. Nor was I able to find anyone with that tattoo (though that could easily be my fault).

Kind of reminds me of Amber Brown's death.

Thanks for posting, rats. Excellent reconstruction by Carl.

I wasn't able to find anyone missing by the name of Morillon on NamUs; not for first, middle, or last names. Nor was I able to find anyone with that tattoo (though that could easily be my fault).

Kind of reminds me of Amber Brown's death.

I had forgotten that I had never posted this one. The Campbell County MedEx office asked me to do this one, and all I had to work with was a poor quality side-view photo, and the Identikit composite to get an idea of the breadth of his head, so I am not real confident in my accuracy of his overall look, but I probably have his hairstyle and facial hair pretty close. From what I can see in the side-view photo he appeared to be a fairly clean-cut guy with a trimmed beard that crept up his cheeks somewhat. Much more clean-cut than the identikit composite suggests.

b0768c0d-fe16-4b6b-a2d1-7110eaf3cfaf.jpg

The Gilette News Record did a story on this man in May of 2015 and dubbed him "Coal Train Carlos." Too bad it's by paid subscription only :(

I wish we could see a picture of the belt also, to see if the engraving looks like a brand or more like something personalized.

oh Wow great Recon Carl I had never seen this Its Great.. I had only seen the little Black and white headshot which I always thought was so sad!..

Ok here are my 2 cents.. the guy is Def Cuban and with the Name Caridad he is super def Cuban trust me!!..

That is like the # 1 Cuban Name ever.. She is La Virgen De La Caridad del Cobre/Our Lady of Charity .. She is the Patron Saint of Cuba.. That is where the Pope went when he went to Cuba.. I know all this because I am Cuban and also That was My Own Moms Name!.. Ok this could of been his mom wife daughter or grandmothers name OR could of been a Promise he made to the Saint and she helped him so he tattooed her name on himself.. We Cubans pray to her all the time like we do to St Lazarus and when we are helped we return them with whatever promise we promised them. And Cubans are very proud of being Cuban and their heritage.. its like inbred in us very very patriotic people.. I don't know how the younger generation is but that is how everyone my age and older were.. Hence the guy w his Cubano Tattoo.

I believe his clothing probably came from Cuba or Mexico.. As many Cubans used to leave Cuba in the makeshift boats and enter the US by ending up in Miami or Mexico.. and from Mexico travel out to Texas and into the US.. I wonder if he was registered in Texas. There were many Cubans in Texas at one point I don't know now.. Anyway another thing UNLESS he has family in the United States I doubt anybody will have reported him Missing.. I know there have been many Cubans that have been lost at sea and ended up floating out in Miami and stay unidentified.. I have actually done research and have found families on Facebook and on some sites looking for Cubans that were on there way to America or that ended up in America but they never heard from them.. Remember its always been very hard to make any contact because it has been communist for so long and everyone was poor and not everyone had a phone.. I still have family that has no phone.. Trust me I know this first hand..

I had thought about this for a while on how it is hard for Cubans to be found as they barely have contact with family or it has to be done through someone else that has access now to the the internet.. I was thinking on if there would be some way to make a thread on missing Cubans here in the United states. I have not seen anything like this again just some people here an there posting family and friends missing.. There was a cuban guy I found online whose family was looking for him that actually reminded me of an unidentified at one point.. but now I am rambling..
I actually had found another guy in Texas that was selling Newspapers that was hit by a car and was killed and he became an unidentified and I believe went by the name of Rafael and i totally is Cuban he has tattooed the Lady of Charity the Virgen de la Caridad on him.. I actually have seen a couple of others that are obviously Cuban too.. https://www.dps.texas.gov/mpch/Unidentified/unDetails/U0806001

also just so you can have the info on our Lady of Charity La CaridadCaridad[1].jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Charity

and sadly after all My rambling and information NOTHING I have said has helped Identify this poor guy!!!

I had forgotten that I had never posted this one. The Campbell County MedEx office asked me to do this one, and all I had to work with was a poor quality side-view photo, and the Identikit composite to get an idea of the breadth of his head, so I am not real confident in my accuracy of his overall look, but I probably have his hairstyle and facial hair pretty close. From what I can see in the side-view photo he appeared to be a fairly clean-cut guy with a trimmed beard that crept up his cheeks somewhat. Much more clean-cut than the identikit composite suggests.

b0768c0d-fe16-4b6b-a2d1-7110eaf3cfaf.jpg

oh Wow great Recon Carl I had never seen this Its Great.. I had only seen the little Black and white headshot which I always thought was so sad!..

Ok here are my 2 cents.. the guy is Def Cuban and with the Name Caridad he is super def Cuban trust me!!..

That is like the # 1 Cuban Name ever.. She is La Virgen De La Caridad del Cobre/Our Lady of Charity .. She is the Patron Saint of Cuba.. That is where the Pope went when he went to Cuba.. I know all this because I am Cuban and also That was My Own Moms Name!.. Ok this could of been his mom wife daughter or grandmothers name OR could of been a Promise he made to the Saint and she helped him so he tattooed her name on himself.. We Cubans pray to her all the time like we do to St Lazarus and when we are helped we return them with whatever promise we promised them. And Cubans are very proud of being Cuban and their heritage.. its like inbred in us very very patriotic people.. I don't know how the younger generation is but that is how everyone my age and older were.. Hence the guy w his Cubano Tattoo.

I believe his clothing probably came from Cuba or Mexico.. As many Cubans used to leave Cuba in the makeshift boats and enter the US by ending up in Miami or Mexico.. and from Mexico travel out to Texas and into the US.. I wonder if he was registered in Texas. There were many Cubans in Texas at one point I don't know now.. Anyway another thing UNLESS he has family in the United States I doubt anybody will have reported him Missing.. I know there have been many Cubans that have been lost at sea and ended up floating out in Miami and stay unidentified.. I have actually done research and have found families on Facebook and on some sites looking for Cubans that were on there way to America or that ended up in America but they never heard from them.. Remember its always been very hard to make any contact because it has been communist for so long and everyone was poor and not everyone had a phone.. I still have family that has no phone.. Trust me I know this first hand..

I had thought about this for a while on how it is hard for Cubans to be found as they barely have contact with family or it has to be done through someone else that has access now to the the internet.. I was thinking on if there would be some way to make a thread on missing Cubans here in the United states. I have not seen anything like this again just some people here an there posting family and friends missing.. There was a cuban guy I found online whose family was looking for him that actually reminded me of an unidentified at one point.. but now I am rambling..
I actually had found another guy in Texas that was selling Newspapers that was hit by a car and was killed and he became an unidentified and I believe went by the name of Rafael and i totally is Cuban he has tattooed the Lady of Charity the Virgen de la Caridad on him.. I actually have seen a couple of others that are obviously Cuban too.. https://www.dps.texas.gov/mpch/Unidentified/unDetails/U0806001

also just so you can have the info on our Lady of Charity La CaridadView attachment 118588 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Charity

and sadly after all My rambling and information NOTHING I have said has helped Identify this poor guy!!!

ok I posted this a while ago..on this thread.. its not about this Carlos guy but about the link I mentioned Rafael which is another suspected Cuban . He was found in texas.. anyway this is his info.. sorry to post it here again but wanted to keep these 2 obvious Cubans together.. anyway.. what is crazy is today In my searches I came across a page of family looking for Cubans and I thought of Coal Train Carlos but found someone looking for a Rafael who came here in 1967 illegally and I thought of the texas guy.. could this be him? this post that the person was looking for Rafael was posted in 2016

http://cubanosinfronteras.blogspot.com/2007/05/buscan-personas.html

Cubano busca a un amigo - 22 de junio del 2016
Busco amigo nombrado Rafael Domínguez. Salió Ilegal de Cuba entre mediados de 1967 y principios de 1968. Vivía en Cuba en Avenida de Acosta esquina a Juan Delgado.
Salió de Cuba junto a tres personas mas nombradas Manolo, el Baby y Roberto. La Mamá se llama o se llamaba Pilar. Debe tener aproximadamente entre 67 y 69 años.
El que lo está localizando se nombra Nelson Serralta, que en aquel entonces vivia en Figueroa entre Acosta y O'farrill.
Cualquier información favor de escribir a este correo: jrdrguez201558@gmail.com
Muchas Gracias.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/mpch/Unidentified/unDetails/U0806001
Case Number: U0806001
Agency: Inst of Forensic Sciences of Harris County
Date Found: 08/22/2007
Estimated Date of Death: 08/22/2007
Cause of Death: Hit by Vehicle
Race: White/Hispanic
Height: 5' 2 " - 5' 4 "
Eye Color: Brown
Sex: Male

Weight: 135 lbs. - 140 lbs.
Hair Color: Grey
City Found: Unknown
County Found: Unknown
State Found: Texas
Country Found: USA

Description:
Blue denim pants, a brown belt with a white metal buckle, and blue and white striped boxer underwear.
The victim is a small-framed Hispanic male with coarse grey and brown peppered hair. He is edentulous. He has several single color tattoos on his chest, shoulders, and left thigh. He was selling newspapers for the Houston Chronicle on a median when he was struck by a vehicle. He had two white metal rings, a billfold, and assorted papers. His first name may have been Rafael.

U0806001a[1].jpgU0806001b[1].jpgU0806001c[1].jpg

I came across this one also.. a woman by the name of Caridad now in spain looking for her Cuban father who came during the Mariel in 1980 and apparently his mother is name Caridad also) Coal Train Carlos had the Caridad name tattooed on his arm..2392UMWY1[1].jpg...just thought I would post this one up here also

http://cubanosinfronteras.blogspot.com/2007/05/buscan-personas.html

At 11:38:00 *cachita36 said…
hola me llamo caridad vivo en sevilla (españa) busco a mi padre tomas burgo martinez , que marcho a estados unidos con los marielitos 1980,sabemos que llego a e.u y que vivio una localidad llamada brooklyn ,no sabemos nada de el , buscamos ayuda , ayudennos a encontrarlo , se llama tomas burgo martinez , nacio el 13 de agosto , hijo de caridad y herminio, queremos saber de el , como esta y donde vivi .queremos decirlo que no importa el tiempo ni la distancia que aqui estamos y somos sus hijos que se ponga en contactos con sus hijos,
si alguna persona tubiera alguna imformacion pongase en contacto atravez de mi email
caburao@hotmail.com , por favor pido ayuda atravez de esta pagina llevamos años buscandolo y no lo encontramos , por favor si alguin tiene alguna imformacion pongase en conctato via email , un saludo
os dejo otro email de contacto

caridadb6@gmail.com

caridad

From an article linked on Doe Network, the train originated in Richmond, TX, which is just southwest of Houston. I was able to locate the following file (large PDF at link):

http://www.bnsf.com/ship-with-bnsf/maps-and-shipping-locations/pdf/coal_energy.pdf

The coal routes are highlighted on this map, so one can trace the general route this train would have ran.

Richmond - Temple - Fort Worth - Amarillo - two possible routes to Pueblo (via Trinidad or La Junta CO) - Denver - Northport NE - Guernsey - Wright (not specially listed on map, but south of Gillette)

Any of the locations in Texas would be most likely for someone underdressed for the cold like he was. This image appears to be of the same type of car he was found in (the article states he was in the UFIX 1067, this is the 1005, so I'm assuming the same series):

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=348505

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back