740 users online (104 members and 636 guests)  

Websleuths News

KY - Ron Hammons, Covington, 10 May 2005

A Tri-State family searching for a lost relative found him after watching a Local 12 story. The skeletal remains of Ron Hammons were found deep in the tangled brush of an old winery in Covington. Local 12's Deborah Dixon tells us now the family has many questions about his life and his death.

Ron Hammons' two sisters and a niece came to the Covington Police station to find out more about the hardworking, intellectual, and missing brother and uncle they've been looking for...for 20 years.

Hammons grew up with 12 siblings in southern Kentucky. The kid with the twinkle in the eye. The spark was gone when this Dallas i.d. photo was taken twenty years ago. It was found with his remains.

"While Hammons lived here in Colonial Hotel, his family across the river was looking for him on missing person and ss websites they didn't know he was mintues away."

"He knew where we were, why he didn't contact us, he had his reasons, I'm sure they were honorable."

Hammons could afford to live someplace else. He apparently didn't want to. There were several tax refund and social security checks on his body. Some were a year old.
    http://www.wkrc.com/news/local/story...1-2EFDF8BCA3CD
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Police know whose remains were found in the brush near a turn of the century winery in Covington. But that's all they know. How the man died, how he got to an area so overgrown cops couldn't walk to the skeleton are puzzling questions in this mystery. Local 12's Deborah Dixon tells us there are more confusing clues that don't add up.

Ron Hammonds was a man of routine. He paid rent every Tuesday for a decade to live here in the Colonial Hotel on Madison Road in Covington. But on May 10th, Hammonds turned in his key to room 23.

William Zipp, Colonial Hotel: "He had some people he wasn't getting along with on the third floor, said he was moving, gave me key, didn't pay rent, every tuesday like clock work."

Hammonds walked away. He likely died shortly after that. When his remains were found earlier this month they were skeletal. But where his remains were found is very curious. Deep in the brush of a turn of the century winery, operated by Benedictine Monks.
    http://www.wkrc.com/news/local/story...9-61037B34E104
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I can't find any updates about Ron's cause of death... Can anyone else?