If you are getting the Grey Box of Doom here is your fix:

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Grey box of doom has reared its ugly head again but this time, we are ready.

Below are instructions on how to get rid of the grey box.

Go to the top of your page. See a little bit to your left "Forum Actions". Click on Forum Actions.

After clicking on Forum Actions a drop down box appears. Click on General Settings. In General Settings scroll down. You will come to "Miscellaneous Options"

Right below you will see the Message Editor Interface. Inside the message interface box are three choices.

1-Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Edition (by the way that stands for "What you see is what you get")

2-Basic Editor - A simple text box

3-Standard Editor - extra formatting controls..

I've cut and pasted below exactly what it looks like below

Message Editor Interface:

• Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
  • Basic Editor - A simple text box
  • Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

Look at the box you have checked, then try another box. I had "Basic Editor" and I got the Grey box of Doom too. When I changed it to "Enhanced interface" The grey box went away.

Try changing your settings in this area and see if that helps. If not please PM me and let me know.

Tricia
cleardot.gif

The Grey box of doom has reared its ugly head again but this time, we are ready.

Below are instructions on how to get rid of the grey box.

Go to the top of your page. See a little bit to your left "Forum Actions". Click on Forum Actions.

After clicking on Forum Actions a drop down box appears. Click on General Settings. In General Settings scroll down. You will come to "Miscellaneous Options"

Right below you will see the Message Editor Interface. Inside the message interface box are three choices.

1-Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Edition (by the way that stands for "What you see is what you get")

2-Basic Editor - A simple text box

3-Standard Editor - extra formatting controls..

I've cut and pasted below exactly what it looks like below

Message Editor Interface:

• Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
  • Basic Editor - A simple text box
  • Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

Look at the box you have checked, then try another box. I had "Basic Editor" and I got the Grey box of Doom too. When I changed it to "Enhanced interface" The grey box went away.

Try changing your settings in this area and see if that helps. If not please PM me and let me know.

Tricia
cleardot.gif

Thank You! That worked!

And what was really Strange for me is that I had the grey box on Safari, but not on Chrome, so I couldn't post using Safari over the last couple of days. I changed it like you said and Safari works and I am on Chrome and it is working on the new setting as well.
I wonder what happened as I had been using the same Standard editor for over 3 years?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back