AL AL - Heather Brown, 28, Dothan, 18 June 2006

This one looks very nasty. http://henryreport.com/blog/2016/04/11/dothan-woman-missing-since-2006-police-used-to-plant-drugs/ has what seems to be solid documented evidence of her involvement in corrupt police activity. http://www.dothaneagle.com/news/loc...cle_8012238c-1a07-11e6-8122-8f5617e5d3c6.html is a story covering long standing wider allegations of corruption in local LE, including comment from Brown's family. http://henrycountyreport.com/blog/2...ars-district-attorney-doug-valeska-complicit/ gives a lot more detail, including photos of documents, detailing allegations.

Now, I am usually suspicious of cases involving conspiracy theories about official organisations - but where documents are provided, where family support the allegations and where court proceedings are pending then I think the involvement of an independent investigating agency is needed. It does not require the allegations to be 100% true to understand that Alabama authorities cannot be in charge of the investigation in this case. It would also be normal, in such a case in the UK (if such existed!) for the targets of the allegations to be placed on paid administrative leave with no access to offices or files whilst an investigation proceeded. True or not I am amazed at how this situation is being handled.

This one gets smellier every year.

First the good news. Heather Brown is alive. She fled to Canada and, after being found was extradited to Washington State pending extradition to Alabama, where she was wanted in connection with the case which led to her doing a runner. However (surprise!) the Alabama authorities failed to submit an extradition request meaning she was released and has now disappeared again (and who can blame her). All of this can be found at http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...labama_murder_case_prove_james_bailey_is.html .
A report at http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/alabama-murder-trial-hatfield-nelson-1.4447609 also confirms the news about Heather.

The bad news is, if a small fraction of what is alleged in the linked article is correct, then anyone going near Dothan is in mortal danger from LE and Brown would be lucky to last a day. The degree of corruption around Dothan is best illustrated by the series of articles run by the New York Times in late 2016, focusing on the behaviour of the District Attorney, Doug Valeska (who would be behind bars in any decent community based on the Times evidence). A good place to start is https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/us/alabama-prosecutor-valeska-criminal-justice-reform.html .

I am not sure what this means for this thread. It seems that our missing reappeared, but is now missing again. Whether than means the thread remains valid I leave to others.

I'm a local. I haven't read the particular story of this case, so forgive me for that. But you can't believe a word you read in The Henry County Report the guy who writes it is a nut and doesn't know fact from fiction. He is not a Journalist or an investigative reporter. It Is not mainstream media.

As I said in #2 I always have reservations about conspiracy theories. But what seems irrefutable is that Heather Brown has reappeared and confirmed key elements of the story printed (including the police proposition to plant evidence), and I do believe investigative reporting by the New York Times which confirms the rampant corruption of the DA's office. Additionally, whilst the original reports came from local blogs, the article referred in #3 is from The Slate. This is the main online presence of the Group which owns The Washington Post - so a pretty reputable source. Again, as I said in#2, the correct way forward would be for the case to be taken over by others, such as the FBI and federal courts. However, I am aware that the US system places clear limits on the abilities of federal authorities to take over cases, which is an unfortunate weakness in the system since it enables local bad apples to flourish unchecked.

As the saying goes......if it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck then, in all probability, it is a duck.

But lets be glad about the good news. Heather is alive.

If it was stated in the blog Henry County Report that the Sky is blue, I wouldn't believe it. The others, well I haven't read those and haven't heard so I can't say.
Valeska started out as a young DA who wanted to clean things up. Something happened .

Unfortunately the smell from Valeska is so overwhelming that it is hard to believe he has ever been other than bent. I agree that some sources are more reliable than others, but when he is the subject of the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals accusing him of misconduct, a former Alabama Chief Justice filing an ethics complaint with the bar, and the bar association having previously upheld complaints in 2015........then it seems obvious he should be doing time for perverting the course of justice.

I have looked for more on Heather Brown, but without success. I assume that her family and friends now know her location and she is keeping her head down. Given that it is clear that the FBI now have jurisdiction for investigating Valeska for various matters outlined in the New York Times articles (under their public corruption mandate) if I were Brown and her lawyers I would be seeking to cooperate at federal level.

Nothing local in mainstream media. Jon Carroll has been lying low these past few years. As I've said, he's certifiable. He was banned from here several years ago due to his conspiracy rantings on another thread.

I believe there is a difference between a true investigative journalist and a raving lunatic.

Unfortunately the Wiregrass area is sadly lacking in dependable mainstream media of any kind, much less investigative journalists.

I believe there is a difference between a true investigative journalist and a raving lunatic.

Unfortunately the Wiregrass area is sadly lacking in dependable mainstream media of any kind, much less investigative journalists.

Agreed, but in this case the facts were laid out in the New York Times and the Washington Post online sister, The Slate. So I think we can safely say that there is no need to rely on locals who may have an agenda.

I absolutely agree that under no circumstances can Carroll be relied on.

I absolutely agree that under no circumstances can Carroll be relied on.

I am a bit unclear on your view. Whilst I understand your opinion of Carroll (I have no opinion on him as I have no basis for one), do you believe the stories in the NY Times and Slate or are you also suggesting those are in error? I ask simply because if they are true then this case is no longer a mystery. If you do not accept them why is this as they are very detailed and seem well evidenced.

I am only posting my opinion about Carroll, not the other articles. I thought I was clear on that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back