1045 users online (232 members and 813 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What New Laws Should We Enact If President of The United States/And Why?

Okay. It's election year and both parties are making promises that usually never come to light once the president is elected.

So if you was the president of the United States or wherever; And had the power to set certain laws in stone.

Then what laws would you pass to make the world a better place.

And why.

Now this thread may be for Websleuths fun purposes. But hey.

Maybe we can open up a eye or 2 in the judicial and government systems that seem awfully blinded to common sense these days. Jmo
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Never, ever sign off on privatizing Social Security or Veterans Healthcare.

Can she get rid of the Three Strikes and You're Out laws? Because I'd like to see those go.

Other than that, hmmm

What are your ideas Super Dex?

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    Okay. It's election year and both parties are making promises that usually never come to light once the president is elected.

So if you was the president of the United States or wherever; And had the power to set certain laws in stone.

Then what laws would you pass to make the world a better place.

And why.

Now this thread may be for Websleuths fun purposes. But hey.

Maybe we can open up a eye or 2 in the judicial and government systems that seem awfully blinded to common sense these days. Jmo
    Ok. Me first.

Stop letting kidnapping rapist out in 5 years. Jmo.

Give these idiots a mandatory 50 years so it doesn't happen again . Jmo.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Figure out a way to create funding to help states pay a much higher minimum salary to teachers and school staff! They impact literally almost everybody in the US and through important developmental stages

I thought of another one! I would try to get some serious domestic violence laws on the book. It stays on the abuser's record forever, even if it's a misdemeanor and he or she gets only probation. Like the RSOs list so anyone who wants to start a relationship can just go to the site, search for a name and find out his history. I know someone who will have it wiped from his record if he goes seven years without screwing up his probation. ARGH.

And if you are in the NFL or NHL you lose your job and if you are a certain Russian goalie you are sent home to the gulag.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    I thought of another one! I would try to get some serious domestic violence laws on the book. It stays on the abuser's record forever, even if it's a misdemeanor and he or she gets only probation. Like the RSOs list so anyone who wants to start a relationship can just go to the site, search for a name and find out his history. I know someone who will have it wiped from his record if he goes seven years without screwing up his probation. ARGH.

And if you are in the NFL or NHL you lose your job and if you are a certain Russian goalie you are sent home to the gulag.
    I agree. Most domestic violence perps basically get the information covered up all of the time. So a national database that tells the actual violence that these perps commit would be great.

Especially since it's not easy to find out these things without looking up court docs. Plus most terms used on arrest records are too vague.

- Congress shall make NO law that effects the public but does not effect Congress

and

-Congress shall make no law that effects Congress but does not effect the public

If this one was in place, we wouldn't need to talk much about Social Security or ObamaCare, because our elected representatives would gain personally by representing us.

JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine95 View Post
    Figure out a way to create funding to help states pay a much higher minimum salary to teachers and school staff! They impact literally almost everybody in the US and through important developmental stages
    Maybe if the students parents collects cash aid from the government; Then maybe a 10% cut can be issued per check and goes directly to more funding for teachers in public schools.

Now let's say you get $600 a month in welfare. Then $60 will go to help provide higher pay for teachers or to hire more part time teachers in your childs school. And it would stay the same 10% whether you have 1 or 3 kids attending the school.

Now 10% of already free money is not that bad. Especially since the kids are being watched for 8hrs a day for 5 days a week while learning.

Jmo. It may need some adjusting. But it's better than nothing.
    Last edited by DexterMorgan; 07-24-2016 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing View Post
    - Congress shall make NO law that effects the public but does not effect Congress

and

-Congress shall make no law that effects Congress but does not effect the public

If this one was in place, we wouldn't need to talk much about Social Security or ObamaCare, because our elected representatives would gain personally by representing us.

JMHO
    What do you mean?

There's been talk for years about privatizing social security. Don't representatives and senators get it when they turn 65? I'd have to look it up but I'm almost positive they've paid into it.

eta: Many in the Senate are trying to repeal it, but they are not exempt from Obamacare.
    Last edited by bluesneakers; 07-24-2016 at 01:44 PM.

Maybe if the students parents collects cash aid from the government; Then maybe a 10% cut can be issued per check and goes directly to more funding for teachers in public schools.

Now let's say you get $600 a month in welfare. Then $60 will go to help provide higher pay for teachers or to hire more part time teachers in your childs school. And it would stay the same 10% whether you have 1 or 3 kids attending the school.

Now 10% of already free money is not that bad. Especially since the kids are being watched for 8hrs a day for 5 days a week while learning.

Jmo. It may need some adjusting. But it's better than nothing.
    That would create a significant hardship for people who are already living in poverty, and who use all their money trying to meet their basic needs. However, it's not a bad idea to raise teachers' salaries, and it could be done quite nicely through the tax system that's already in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing View Post

and

JMHO
    That reminds me. No more long vacations for Congress not being in session. Too many recess days if you ask me. Now of course they are suppose to be home and working with constituents during the recess. But things are not set in stone and they still get their nice 6 figure salaries. Then they come back and slowly try to get things done before the next recess. Jmo.

That reminds me. No more long vacations for Congress not being in session. Too many recess days if you ask me. Now of course they are suppose to be home and working with constituents during the recess. But things are not set in stone and they still get their nice 6 figure salaries. Then they come back and slowly try to get things done before the next recess. Jmo.
    ^This too!

When do we take over?

I would immediately deport Justin Bieber.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wyle_E_Coyote View Post
    I would immediately deport Justin Bieber.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Oh nooo. Not the Bieb. Lol

But I would deport all judges off the bench that ever decided to give a no jail time lenient sentence as Ethan Mr. Affluenza received after killing 4 people and critically wounding 2 others. Jmo.

A judge should never be allowed to not be back smacked for a sentence like that. Jmo.

Okay. Another law that needs to be passed.

Imo. If you are caught red handed without a shadow of a doubt for a horrific crime in which you was sentenced to death.

Then no more 10 to 20 years sitting on death row. Jmo.

And if states like California hate killing inmates; Then stop sentencing them to death while knowing they will have 50 years of appeals. Jmo.

Simply sentence these killers to 23 hr lock downs for life in order to eliminate all the death row appeals. Especially since the state has no plans or means to execute most of the people on death row without the bleeding hearts complaining about a humane death. Jmo.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast