What New Laws Should We Enact If President of The United States/And Why?

DexterMorgan

Reaction score
Okay. It's election year and both parties are making promises that usually never come to light once the president is elected.

So if you was the president of the United States or wherever; And had the power to set certain laws in stone.

Then what laws would you pass to make the world a better place.

And why.

Now this thread may be for Websleuths fun purposes. But hey.

Maybe we can open up a eye or 2 in the judicial and government systems that seem awfully blinded to common sense these days. Jmo

Never, ever sign off on privatizing Social Security or Veterans Healthcare.

Can she get rid of the Three Strikes and You're Out laws? Because I'd like to see those go.

Other than that, hmmm :thinking:

What are your ideas Super Dex?

Okay. It's election year and both parties are making promises that usually never come to light once the president is elected.

So if you was the president of the United States or wherever; And had the power to set certain laws in stone.

Then what laws would you pass to make the world a better place.

And why.

Now this thread may be for Websleuths fun purposes. But hey.

Maybe we can open up a eye or 2 in the judicial and government systems that seem awfully blinded to common sense these days. Jmo

Ok. Me first.

Stop letting kidnapping rapist out in 5 years. Jmo.

Give these idiots a mandatory 50 years so it doesn't happen again . Jmo.

Figure out a way to create funding to help states pay a much higher minimum salary to teachers and school staff! They impact literally almost everybody in the US and through important developmental stages

I thought of another one! I would try to get some serious domestic violence laws on the book. It stays on the abuser's record forever, even if it's a misdemeanor and he or she gets only probation. Like the RSOs list so anyone who wants to start a relationship can just go to the site, search for a name and find out his history. I know someone who will have it wiped from his record if he goes seven years without screwing up his probation. ARGH.

And if you are in the NFL or NHL you lose your job and if you are a certain Russian goalie you are sent home to the gulag.

I thought of another one! I would try to get some serious domestic violence laws on the book. It stays on the abuser's record forever, even if it's a misdemeanor and he or she gets only probation. Like the RSOs list so anyone who wants to start a relationship can just go to the site, search for a name and find out his history. I know someone who will have it wiped from his record if he goes seven years without screwing up his probation. ARGH.

And if you are in the NFL or NHL you lose your job and if you are a certain Russian goalie you are sent home to the gulag.

I agree. Most domestic violence perps basically get the information covered up all of the time. So a national database that tells the actual violence that these perps commit would be great.

Especially since it's not easy to find out these things without looking up court docs. Plus most terms used on arrest records are too vague.

- Congress shall make NO law that effects the public but does not effect Congress

and

-Congress shall make no law that effects Congress but does not effect the public

If this one was in place, we wouldn't need to talk much about Social Security or ObamaCare, because our elected representatives would gain personally by representing us.

JMHO

Figure out a way to create funding to help states pay a much higher minimum salary to teachers and school staff! They impact literally almost everybody in the US and through important developmental stages

Maybe if the students parents collects cash aid from the government; Then maybe a 10% cut can be issued per check and goes directly to more funding for teachers in public schools.

Now let's say you get $600 a month in welfare. Then $60 will go to help provide higher pay for teachers or to hire more part time teachers in your childs school. And it would stay the same 10% whether you have 1 or 3 kids attending the school.

Now 10% of already free money is not that bad. Especially since the kids are being watched for 8hrs a day for 5 days a week while learning.

Jmo. It may need some adjusting. But it's better than nothing.

- Congress shall make NO law that effects the public but does not effect Congress

and

-Congress shall make no law that effects Congress but does not effect the public

If this one was in place, we wouldn't need to talk much about Social Security or ObamaCare, because our elected representatives would gain personally by representing us.

JMHO

What do you mean?

There's been talk for years about privatizing social security. Don't representatives and senators get it when they turn 65? I'd have to look it up but I'm almost positive they've paid into it.

eta: Many in the Senate are trying to repeal it, but they are not exempt from Obamacare.

Maybe if the students parents collects cash aid from the government; Then maybe a 10% cut can be issued per check and goes directly to more funding for teachers in public schools.

Now let's say you get $600 a month in welfare. Then $60 will go to help provide higher pay for teachers or to hire more part time teachers in your childs school. And it would stay the same 10% whether you have 1 or 3 kids attending the school.

Now 10% of already free money is not that bad. Especially since the kids are being watched for 8hrs a day for 5 days a week while learning.

That would create a significant hardship for people who are already living in poverty, and who use all their money trying to meet their basic needs. However, it's not a bad idea to raise teachers' salaries, and it could be done quite nicely through the tax system that's already in place.

and

JMHO

That reminds me. No more long vacations for Congress not being in session. Too many recess days if you ask me. Now of course they are suppose to be home and working with constituents during the recess. But things are not set in stone and they still get their nice 6 figure salaries. Then they come back and slowly try to get things done before the next recess. Jmo.

That reminds me. No more long vacations for Congress not being in session. Too many recess days if you ask me. Now of course they are suppose to be home and working with constituents during the recess. But things are not set in stone and they still get their nice 6 figure salaries. Then they come back and slowly try to get things done before the next recess. Jmo.

^This too!

When do we take over?

I would immediately deport Justin Bieber.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I would immediately deport Justin Bieber.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Oh nooo. Not the Bieb. Lol

But I would deport all judges off the bench that ever decided to give a no jail time lenient sentence as Ethan Mr. Affluenza received after killing 4 people and critically wounding 2 others. Jmo.

A judge should never be allowed to not be back smacked for a sentence like that. Jmo.

Okay. Another law that needs to be passed.

Imo. If you are caught red handed without a shadow of a doubt for a horrific crime in which you was sentenced to death.

Then no more 10 to 20 years sitting on death row. Jmo.

And if states like California hate killing inmates; Then stop sentencing them to death while knowing they will have 50 years of appeals. Jmo.

Simply sentence these killers to 23 hr lock downs for life in order to eliminate all the death row appeals. Especially since the state has no plans or means to execute most of the people on death row without the bleeding hearts complaining about a humane death. Jmo.

$600 a month on welfare? Wow? Who gets that?

If people feel welfare is a good deal, it is easy to get. Get rid of everything you own, Everything. Then sign up for welfare and start your five years of looking for work. But you have to get the good jobs such as night shifts where there is no childcare for your child nor transportation to get to your job.

We only need one ! Term limits on congress!!!

Welfare solution: fill out your taxes for the previous year and include a prediction for the next year. If it's below a certain amount (which varies based on family size) you get a check every month for 12 months.

No waiting, approval, red tape, drug testing. No neighbors calling to say they saw you with a nice car or iPhone.

HHS workers are there to help you (manage money, get a job, learn skills, go back to school, arrange childcare) not try to get you kicked out of the program.

The goal is to get out of the program but to be prepared to stay off and not need it again.

(If it sounds familiar it's because I got the idea from Milton Friedman. :) )

We only need one ! Term limits on congress!!!

I'm on board (mostly) but how do we address the issues of having a house full of noobs?

However - one of my Senators was in the Senate from the time he was born until the time he died and if I could write him in posthumously I would.

Welfare solution: fill out your taxes for the previous year and include a prediction for the next year. If it's below a certain amount (which varies based on family size) you get a check every month for 12 months.

No waiting, approval, red tape, drug testing. No neighbors calling to say they saw you with a nice car or iPhone.

HHS workers are there to help you (manage money, get a job, learn skills, go back to school, arrange childcare) not try to get you kicked out of the program.

The goal is to get out of the program but to be prepared to stay off and not need it again.

(If it sounds familiar it's because I got the idea from Milton Friedman. :) )

In the late 70s and early 80s; People were embarrassed to be on welfare and food stamps. Lol

But all of that embarrassment changed in the 90s. Lol.

Especially when you had friends giving classes on the best way to get over on the Welfare system. Lol.

But then in 1998. I think they started a Workfare thing for those on Welfare where you had to do community works if receiving welfare.

So most men started getting off of it as they were scrutinized more to be forced into the Workfare thing.

Then they started a 5 year limit in 2000 or so.

But there was still ways around it for those who knew. Especially once the kiddies turned 18 lol.

But soon minimum wage will be $15/hr. So hopefully that will decline the welfare numbers in the long run. While uplifting communities since everyone will now feel that working pride feeling.

Fingers crossed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back