1017 users online (223 members and 794 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NJ - Essex Co., WhtMale UP1437, 45-65, dismembered in garage, Dec'80

The Doe Network:
    Case File 633UMNJ

Reconstructions of Victim

Unidentified White Male
    • The victim was discovered on December 22, 1980 in Newark, Essex County, New Jersey
    • Estimated Date of Death: January 1, 1980

Vital Statistics

• Estimated Year of Birth: 1915 - 1935
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3" - 5'6"; 150 - 170 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Grey hair. No scars, marks.
    • Dentals: Available
    • Clothing: None
    • Fingerprints: Available

Case History
    The victim was found on December 22, 1980 in an abandoned garage at 436 Raymond Boulevard, Newark, Essex County, New Jersey.
    He is believed to be a victim of homicide with the cause of death being strangulation.The victim was found dismembered.
    Investigators
    If you have any information about this case please contact:
    The New Jersey State Police
    800-709-7090
    Email
    --
    Newark Police Department
    973-733-6277

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
    Agency Case Number:
    NCIC Number:
    U-201236069

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
    The New Jersey State Police

Namus
    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1437

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/633umnj.html

The estimated date of death bothers me because there's fingerprints in NamUs for him... Would there really still be fingerprints after almost a year?

I think it's possible they used the first of the year as some type of time marker back then. Either that or he was possibly mummified?
    Quote Originally Posted by rats View Post
    The estimated date of death bothers me because there's fingerprints in NamUs for him... Would there really still be fingerprints after almost a year?
    Last edited by cvaldez1975; 07-24-2016 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    I think it's possible they used the first of the year as some type of time marker back then. Either that or he was possibly mummified?
    I doubt they would've done that... Idk. Also it would've said mummified on NamUs, iirc. It's just weird lol

What about Jennings Lee Hart? http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4315dmpa.html

Gruesome as it sounds he was dismembered so theres a possibility they got them from left over bloody fingerprints where the hands were touching the ground or whatever, if it is a possibility he'd been there at most almost a year. Otherwise I'd say it's a default date.

I'd say it sounds like a mob hit, but I'd think that if they bothered dismembering him, they wouldn't just leave him in a garage. Weird.

Come for a summer,
    Stay for a lifetime!

Yeah I would say it was someone inexperienced and they had given up. They were probably trying to make it look like a mob hit, but it was too difficult for them. I mean why dismember a body if you're just going to just abandon it in a garage, all body parts were recovered. Unless it was some sort of messed up way to get back at the victim. I would imagine it would be extremely difficult in the first place to dismember anyone and would probably take a lot of time and effort and if it was done for the mob they would probably have someone who had done it with others and had the stomach for it.

But bringing up the mob though maybe it was someone with prior mob ties and they thought blame would go on that? So maybe it's some one mob related and had done a disappearing act years before and no one knew what had happened to them. The only example that I can place that I don't want to because of all the conspiracy theories against it, but some one like Jimmy Hoffa. That they really have no idea what had happened to them and people had already assumed they were dead because of the business they were part of, but in reality they were living a new life. Now I repeat I have no idea what happened to jimmy Hoffa and am not saying that this is him, but he did a disappearing act and people just assumed he was already dead because of his ties. When in reality no one know what happened to him and maybe the John doe is that type of person.

That makes me think of John Favara, the guy who disappeared in July of 1980. He was the one who accidentally killed John Gotti's young son in his car. Not that I'm saying this is him, especially as I've never seen a photograph of him.

Come for a summer,
    Stay for a lifetime!

Was it Donald Eugene Webb?

Hi everyone! Kinda new to Websleuths here!

I think that the dismembered man may be the infamous Donald Eugene Webb. The age fits, doe was found a few days after the murder and the location is not far from the Saxonburg murder scene. I'm assuming that Webb ditched the car in New England, hid out in his house for a time and then ran to his mob buddies in New Jersey. When the mob found out he had killed a cop, and thus was a very wanted man, they killed him and dismembered his body, because the last thing the mob wants is a hot man leading the police right to them. The dismemberment is probably what is responsible for the difference in height.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigoku Dayu View Post
    That makes me think of John Favara, the guy who disappeared in July of 1980. He was the one who accidentally killed John Gotti's young son in his car. Not that I'm saying this is him, especially as I've never seen a photograph of him.
    Looks like he might be sleeping with the fishes.. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...d-in-acid.html

Welcome, Cuevs! Talk about a strange coincidence, but right after you suggested Webb, LE dug up remains from the backyard of a property in North Dartmouth, Maine, that his ex-wife had owned:

http://wpri.com/2017/07/13/authoriti...investigation/
    <-- Watched one too many Hanna-Barbera "teenage detective" cartoons as a kid.

I came across this guy.. he disappeared in 1974 Nicholas James Maschuci

633UMNJ[1].jpgmaschuci_nicholas[1].jpg633UMNJ1[1].jpg

http://www.nampn.org/cases/maschuci_nicholas.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: September 18, 1974 from Kearny, Hudson County, New Jersey
    Classification: Missing
    Height: 5'8-5'9"
    Weight: 210 lbs.
    Hair Color: Gray
    Eye Color: Blue
    Race: White
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Gold bifocals glasses. A glass eye.
    On both feet little toe next to pinky toe crossed over the other. Had polished
    finger nails with clear polish.
    Clothing: Gray polyester pants, White polyester shirt, ribbed with
    gold zipper in front and wide collar, white 1/2 patent leather boots.
    Jewelry: A 4 Karat diamond pinky ring, a white gold watch with
    black face and white gold tear drop at the 12:00 hand similar to a Movado.
    Wore a Blessed Mother medal around his neck in silver.
    AKA: Nicky Gary
    Case Number: 74-3898

Details of Disappearance
    Nicholas left his home on September 18, 1974 for a business meeting in Brooklyn. He drove a borrowed White 1974 Mercury Grand Marquis, from a dealer ship in Union City, New Jersey. He was never seen again.

Did you submit him as a possible match, madamx?
    The idea that someone's life matters less is root of all evil in this world

Update: Not to get too off-topic, but the remains recovered this week were positively ID'd as Webb. Though IMO, your possible match with this UID was a good one.

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/fbi-...1999/560196492

Quote Originally Posted by Triss View Post
    Did you submit him as a possible match, madamx?
    No Triss I never did. I just submit to websleuths because I have submitted before in the past for other cases and nobody ever gets back to me, sooooo I just post it here and if anyone wants to submit it.. go for it!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast