Resolved NJ - Essex Co., WhtMale UP1437, 45-65, dismembered in garage, Dec'80 - Name withheld

Romulus

Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 633UMNJ

[FONT=&amp]
633UMNJ.jpg
633UMNJ1.jpg

Reconstructions of Victim

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unidentified White Male[/FONT]
  • The victim was discovered on December 22, 1980 in Newark, Essex County, New Jersey
  • Estimated Date of Death: January 1, 1980

[FONT=&amp]Vital Statistics
[/FONT]
  • Estimated Year of Birth: 1915 - 1935
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3" - 5'6"; 150 - 170 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Grey hair. No scars, marks.
  • Dentals: Available
  • Clothing: None
  • Fingerprints: Available

[FONT=&amp]Case History
The victim was found on December 22, 1980 in an abandoned garage at 436 Raymond Boulevard, Newark, Essex County, New Jersey.
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]He is believed to be a victim of homicide with the cause of death being strangulation.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]The victim was found dismembered.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
The New Jersey State Police
800-709-7090
Email
--
Newark Police Department
973-733-6277

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Agency Case Number:
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]NCIC Number:
U-201236069

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Source Information:
The New Jersey State Police
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Namus
[/FONT]https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1437

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/633umnj.html[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

The estimated date of death bothers me because there's fingerprints in NamUs for him... Would there really still be fingerprints after almost a year?

I think it's possible they used the first of the year as some type of time marker back then. Either that or he was possibly mummified?
The estimated date of death bothers me because there's fingerprints in NamUs for him... Would there really still be fingerprints after almost a year?

I think it's possible they used the first of the year as some type of time marker back then. Either that or he was possibly mummified?

I doubt they would've done that... Idk. Also it would've said mummified on NamUs, iirc. It's just weird lol

What about Jennings Lee Hart? http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4315dmpa.html

Gruesome as it sounds he was dismembered so theres a possibility they got them from left over bloody fingerprints where the hands were touching the ground or whatever, if it is a possibility he'd been there at most almost a year. Otherwise I'd say it's a default date.

I'd say it sounds like a mob hit, but I'd think that if they bothered dismembering him, they wouldn't just leave him in a garage. Weird.

Yeah I would say it was someone inexperienced and they had given up. They were probably trying to make it look like a mob hit, but it was too difficult for them. I mean why dismember a body if you're just going to just abandon it in a garage, all body parts were recovered. Unless it was some sort of messed up way to get back at the victim. I would imagine it would be extremely difficult in the first place to dismember anyone and would probably take a lot of time and effort and if it was done for the mob they would probably have someone who had done it with others and had the stomach for it.

But bringing up the mob though maybe it was someone with prior mob ties and they thought blame would go on that? So maybe it's some one mob related and had done a disappearing act years before and no one knew what had happened to them. The only example that I can place that I don't want to because of all the conspiracy theories against it, but some one like Jimmy Hoffa. That they really have no idea what had happened to them and people had already assumed they were dead because of the business they were part of, but in reality they were living a new life. Now I repeat I have no idea what happened to jimmy Hoffa and am not saying that this is him, but he did a disappearing act and people just assumed he was already dead because of his ties. When in reality no one know what happened to him and maybe the John doe is that type of person.

That makes me think of John Favara, the guy who disappeared in July of 1980. He was the one who accidentally killed John Gotti's young son in his car. Not that I'm saying this is him, especially as I've never seen a photograph of him.

Hi everyone! Kinda new to Websleuths here!

I think that the dismembered man may be the infamous Donald Eugene Webb. The age fits, doe was found a few days after the murder and the location is not far from the Saxonburg murder scene. I'm assuming that Webb ditched the car in New England, hid out in his house for a time and then ran to his mob buddies in New Jersey. When the mob found out he had killed a cop, and thus was a very wanted man, they killed him and dismembered his body, because the last thing the mob wants is a hot man leading the police right to them. The dismemberment is probably what is responsible for the difference in height.

I came across this guy.. he disappeared in 1974 Nicholas James Maschuci

633UMNJ[1].jpgmaschuci_nicholas[1].jpg633UMNJ1[1].jpg

http://www.nampn.org/cases/maschuci_nicholas.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: September 18, 1974 from Kearny, Hudson County, New Jersey
Classification: Missing
Height: 5'8-5'9"
Weight: 210 lbs.
Hair Color: Gray
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Gold bifocals glasses. A glass eye.
On both feet little toe next to pinky toe crossed over the other. Had polished
finger nails with clear polish.
Clothing: Gray polyester pants, White polyester shirt, ribbed with
gold zipper in front and wide collar, white 1/2 patent leather boots.
Jewelry: A 4 Karat diamond pinky ring, a white gold watch with
black face and white gold tear drop at the 12:00 hand similar to a Movado.
Wore a Blessed Mother medal around his neck in silver.
AKA: Nicky Gary
Case Number: 74-3898

Details of Disappearance
Nicholas left his home on September 18, 1974 for a business meeting in Brooklyn. He drove a borrowed White 1974 Mercury Grand Marquis, from a dealer ship in Union City, New Jersey. He was never seen again.

Did you submit him as a possible match, madamx?

Did you submit him as a possible match, madamx?

No Triss I never did. I just submit to websleuths because I have submitted before in the past for other cases and nobody ever gets back to me, sooooo I just post it here and if anyone wants to submit it.. go for it!!

i came across this guy from New York
633UMNJ[1].jpgTPrivitera[1].jpg633UMNJ1[1].jpg
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/357dmny.html

Thomas Privitera
Missing since December 13, 1981 from Westhampton, Suffolk County, New York.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: March 12, 1902
Age at Time of Disappearance: 79 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 140 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Gray hair; brown eyes. He was balding at the time of his disappearance.
Clothing: He was last seen wearing blue pants, a brown and black flannel shirt, work shoes and a blue coat
Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Privitera was last seen en route to his residence on Doris Drive in Mastic Beach, NY.
He was driving a 1971 bronze Oldsmobile, with NY license plates 487-ioj. He never arrived home and has not been seen since

Attachments

• TPrivitera[1].jpg
    TPrivitera[1].jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 16
  • TPrivitera[1].jpg
    TPrivitera[1].jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 16

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors