1264 users online (210 members and 1054 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Australia - 'Jocelyn', 5, Nerang QLD, 24 July 2016

Missing in Queensland: Girl, 5, missing in Nerang after running away from family
    Madura McCormack
    The Courier-Mail
    an hour ago (as of 22:47 AEST 24/7/2016)

1306e75b701a09556e264f165042d0b9.jpeg
    Photo: A five-year-old girl is missing after running away from family members in a park at Nerang. Picture: Supplied

'AN Amber alert has been issued for a five-year-old girl missing in Nerang.

Search efforts have been ramped up, with SES personnel from Logan being called in to assist.

The little girl has been missing since 4:30pm Sunday after running off from her parents on Nielsen Road.

Inspector Tony Wormald said residents around the area have joined in the search and there have been confirmed sightings of the girl.

“Some people have seen her in some of the back streets earlier in the afternoon. However the last confirmed sighting was around 5:30pm this afternoon,” Insp Wormald said.

About 120 emergency service personnel are currently searching for the child, who suffers from a medical condition.

Inspector Wormald said there is nothing to suggest anything untoward has happened to the girl, but police hold grave concern for her wellbeing as she is dressed in only a dark pink shirt, denim shorts and is not wearing shoes.

It is understood the little girl is unfamiliar with the area.'

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...f692c814966788
    Posts are my opinion/speculation with the exception of relevant source material.

The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission.

‘Prefiero morir de pie que vivir de rodillas.’ ~Emiliano Zapata

Missing child, Nerang
    QPS Media on Jul 24, 2016 @ 7:16pm

1-1.png

'Police are searching for a girl who has gone missing in Nerang this afternoon.

The 5-year-old girl was with family members before she ran off.

The girl was last seen at 4.30pm at Nielsens Road, near the motorway overpass.

Police hold concerns for the welfare of the child due to her age and that she suffers from a medical condition.

The girl is Caucasian in appearance with blonde shoulder length hair, blue eyes and is approximately 115cm tall.

She was last seen wearing a dark pink t-shirt with a lady bird emblem on the front, dark blue denim shorts and no foot wear.

Initial investigations suggest there is no suspicious circumstances surrounding the girl’s disappearance at this time.

Police urge residents in the Nerang area to check their yards for the girl.

Anyone who has information about her location is urged to call ‘000’.

Anyone with information which could assist with this matter should contact Crime Stoppers anonymously via 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au 24hrs a day.

Crime Stoppers is a registered charity and community volunteer organisation working in partnership with the Queensland Police Service.

For all non-urgent police reporting or general police inquiries contact Policelink on 131 444 or Policelink.qld.gov.au 24hrs a day.'

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2016...-child-nerang/
    Last edited by Bohemian; 07-24-2016 at 09:01 AM.
    Posts are my opinion/speculation with the exception of relevant source material.

The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission.

Lots of prayers that she is found quickly and safe.
    "seek not a life of riches , earthly gold or pearls, seek only a heart that is happy, a heart that is honest, a heart that is pure"

Amber alert, Nerang
    QPS Media on Jul 24, 2016 @ 9:42pm

'The Queensland Police Service is seeking urgent public assistance to help locate a 5-year-old girl who went missing from Nielsens Road, Nerang approximately 5 hours ago who may be at significant risk.

The girl is described as Caucasian in appearance with blonde shoulder length hair, blue eyes and is 115cm tall.

She was last seen wearing a dark pink t-shirt with a lady bird emblem on the front, dark blue denim shorts and no foot wear.

Ring 131 564 to provide information about this incident.

Please ring 000 for life threatening information about this incident.

IMPORTANT – Police request this message be broadcast at regular intervals.'

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2016...r-alert-nerang

Ohhh (cant type it).... 5 hours!!!!! and she's only 5.....

I just got goosebumps all over....

Just had a look on google earth..... holy.... there is alot of waterways on the western end of Neilsons Road...

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Puggle View Post
    Ohhh (cant type it).... 5 hours!!!!! and she's only 5.....

I just got goosebumps all over....
    Just gone 7 hours. Poor little lamb. Also, it's very worrying Jocelyn has a medical condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Just gone 7 hours. Poor little lamb. Also, it's very worrying Jocelyn has a medical condition.
    Near the motorway...so its Broadbeach... too much water in all directions...

Bo I so hope she is found soon.... the area is full of danger...

She is such a cute little girl. Praying she is found!!!! She must be terrified.
    Still missing! William Tyrrell, Deorr Kunz, Crystal Rogers, Andrew Alexander and Tanner Skelton.

UPDATE 1: Amber alert, Missing child, Nerang
    myPolice on Jul 24, 2016 @ 11:03pm

'The Queensland Police Service are still seeking urgent public assistance to help locate a 5-year-old girl who was reported missing from Nielsens Road, Nerang at 4.30pm.

Approximately 120 Police and State Emergency Service personnel are involved in the search including members of Gold Coast Rapid Action Patrol (RAP), plain clothes officers and Pol-Air.

The primary search area is the western side of the M1 at Nerang but Police encourage people in the surrounding areas to remain vigilant.

Ring 131 564 to provide any other information

Ring 000 to provide life threatening information about this incident.

IMPORTANT – Police request this message be broadcast at regular intervals

BROADCAST SUMMARY

#AmberAlert #Nerang 5y/old girl missing from Nielsens Rd, Nerang. Call 000 or 131 564'

http://nerang.nhwq.org/2016/07/24/up...-child-nerang/

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianna View Post
    Thats for sure....

And.... (hopefully safe here).... xx Adrianna....long time

Puggle xx

Bo... any idea what the medical condition is?

Im not up to date.....how does this amber alert thing work... do they send out a text to all mobile users in the area??

Just had a look on google earth..... holy.... there is alot of waterways on the western end of Neilsons Road...
    Near the motorway...so its Broadbeach... too much water in all directions...

Bo I so hope she is found soon.... the area is full of danger...
    Bo... any idea what the medical condition is?

Im not up to date.....how does this amber alert thing work... do they send out a text to all mobile users in the area??
    Yes, lots of water but, hopefully, this little one has just found somewhere warm and safe to sleep and can't hear people calling her name. Jocelyn must be so tired, hungry and scared. I hope she found a friendly dog to curl up with and to keep her safe and warm.

MSM just said Jocelyn had a 'medical condition'. No other details.

Apparently there have been announcements from police choppers overhead asking people in the area to check their yards, etc, from the Courier-Mail story.

Quote Originally Posted by wewillgetyou View Post
    This has nothing to do with Karen sorry. A child has gone missing on the Gold Coast in Qld Australia. Ran away this afternoon from her parents in a park. I'm not sure if a topic has been started for her yet

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...f692c814966788

A FIVE-year-old girl has gone missing after running away from family members in a park in southeast Queensland.

The child was reportedly with family members when she ran away about 4:30pm from Nielsens Road, Nerang, near the Pacific Motorway overpass.

Police said there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the girl’s disappearance and urge Nerang residents to check their yards for the girl.

SES, the dog squad, ground crews and the police helicopter have been scouring the area since.

Carrara and Worongary residents have reported hearing announcements from a loudspeaker on the chopper advising people to look out for the missing girl, “Jocelyn”.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...7#post12708307

Amber Alerts

https://www.police.qld.gov.au/Events...ion-Alerts.htm
    Last edited by Bohemian; 07-24-2016 at 10:05 AM.

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    UPDATE 1: Amber alert, Missing child, Nerang
    myPolice on Jul 24, 2016 @ 11:03pm

'The Queensland Police Service are still seeking urgent public assistance to help locate a 5-year-old girl who was reported missing from Nielsens Road, Nerang at 4.30pm.

Approximately 120 Police and State Emergency Service personnel are involved in the search including members of Gold Coast Rapid Action Patrol (RAP), plain clothes officers and Pol-Air.

The primary search area is the western side of the M1 at Nerang but Police encourage people in the surrounding areas to remain vigilant.

Ring 131 564 to provide any other information

Ring 000 to provide life threatening information about this incident.

IMPORTANT – Police request this message be broadcast at regular intervals

BROADCAST SUMMARY

#AmberAlert #Nerang 5y/old girl missing from Nielsens Rd, Nerang. Call 000 or 131 564'

http://nerang.nhwq.org/2016/07/24/up...-child-nerang/
    Just looking at google maps and I'm a bit confused.

The primary search area is WEST of the M1 but Nielsens Road is EAST of the M1?

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    https://twitter.com/JaydanDuck

Reporter tweeting updates

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast