Race: White female
Hair color: Blond/Strawberry
Eyes Color: Blue
Height: 61.0
Weight: 130.0
Scars and Marks: R ANKLE TATTOO DREAMCATCHER
Clothing: Unknown
campbell_sherry.jpg

Sherry Campbell was last seen in DeLeon Springs, Florida on December 15, 2001.

Namus https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/27488/2293

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/campbell_sherry.html

Sherry Ann Campbell – The Charley Project
Sherry Ann Campbell
  • sherry_ann_campbell_1.jpg
"Campbell, circa 2001
  • Missing Since 12/15/2001
  • Missing From DeLand, Florida
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 06/26/1967 (52)
  • Age 34 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'1, 130 pounds
  • Medical Conditions Campbell was pregnant at the time of her disappearance. She suffers from liver disease and an unspecified behavior disorder, and she has a history of abusing amphetamines, barbituates, cocaine, marijuana, narcotics and other drugs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Campbell may use the last name Giddens. She has freckles, pierced ears and a tattoo of a Native American dream catcher on her right ankle. Her adenoids have been removed.
Campbell was last seen by her landlord in DeLand, Florida on December 15, 2001, getting into a car with several Hispanic males. She has never been heard from again. Her mother reported her missing on February 7, 2002, after she failed to contact her family over the holidays.

Campbell left behind a young son who lived with relatives. She was deeply involved with drugs at the time of her disappearance. Foul play is suspected in her case, which remains unsolved."

Can somebody get access to this news article from 2008, because I can't. http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJ ... 101308.htm It's from a summery page. This should be in it.

THE INVESTIGATION

Campbell was reported missing on Feb. 7, 2002, by her mother, Debbie Tilton, after she failed to visit her family during the holidays, said Volusia County sheriff's spokesman Gary Davidson. By the time she was reported missing, Campbell's family members had not heard from her for about seven weeks.

THE FAMILY

"My daughter was heavily into drugs and got into the wrong crowd," Tilton said. "I'm sure that has something to do with her disappearance." Tilton said she hasn't seen her daughter since the October before her disappearance, and last spoke to her on Dec. 15, 2001. Though investigators list her as missing from DeLeon Springs, Campbell lived in DeLand and it was her landlord who saw her as she got into the car. Campbell has a 13-year-old son, *advertiser censored* <snipped respectfully>, who now lives in California with an aunt and uncle. He had lived with his other grandmother in DeLeon Springs when Sherry Campbell disappeared. Campbell is 5 feet 1, with blond hair and hazel eyes. <other files state she has blue eyes>

THE UPDATE

Sheriff's investigators have compared Campbell's dental records to more than a dozen Jane Doe deaths around the country over the years, but there have been no matches. <does this mean there was no DNA available in 2008, is there now?>

Sherry is my sister and any information would be greatly appreciated. My father and the rest of our family can barely speak of this anymore bc of all the pain its caused. In determined to to find out what happened to my sister. Please help.someone knows what happened to her. My email is spooklife81@gmail.com

Hi Spooklife, welcome. So sorry you and your family had to endure all this pain. I think you are very brave to keep searching for your sister because this will possibly dig up things that are -again- painful. Would you be willing to share what you already did to find her? And what you find out? I saw she is listed as a missing person at Charley's P and Namus. Did you asked the police what they have on file, what was in the Missing Person's report? I'm not wanting to overwhelm you with questions, but I wonder if there are more pictures of your sister available and if there is DNA, besides dental records, available now. Did you make a missing person's Facebook or other site for your sister? Giving your sister's case more exposure could be helping. I hope your family is ready for this kind of things. It would also be helpful to know which Jane Doe's your sister was looked against. Stay save. BOH

Sherry, this is your sister .I love u and miss u so much sherry. I will be looking for you til I take my last breath. I am so appreciative of finding this website thru a true crime podcast I listen to. If anyone has any info on my sisters whereabouts, plz email me at spooklife81@gmail.com

Welcome to WS Spooklife! Speaking of true crime podcasts, have you ever thought of perhaps contacting a missing persons podcast to cover your sisters story?

Case Submission Form — The Vanished Podcast The Vanished Podcast has a case submission form, it's a very popular podcast so it might be a good platform to get some coverage for Sherry.

Here is an other photo of Sherry Campbell Giddens (sorry, it's from a arrest record) She was arrested on 11/24/2001 in Volusia county, Fl. Just a month before she disappeared.

There is another birthdate listed, but I'm sure it's her. Maybe using this birthdate more info will come up.

https://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Sherry_Giddens_4982697/

Attachments

• Sherry Giddens.JPG
    Sherry Giddens.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 46
Welcome to WS Spooklife! Speaking of true crime podcasts, have you ever thought of perhaps contacting a missing persons podcast to cover your sisters story?

Case Submission Form — The Vanished Podcast The Vanished Podcast has a case submission form, it's a very popular podcast so it might be a good platform to get some coverage for Sherry.
Omg that's right I was thinking about submitting her story. The problem is ,is that I lived in st Petersburg and she lived in Daytona and we had little contact around that time. I'm scared to tell my dad that I am doing this because I dont want to upset him or dredge up emotions.

Omg that's right I was thinking about submitting her story. The problem is ,is that I lived in st Petersburg and she lived in Daytona and we had little contact around that time. I'm scared to tell my dad that I am doing this because I dont want to upset him or dredge up emotions.

That's very understandable, you not wanting to upset your father. You have to decide for yourself and do what feels ok. If I read you right you don't know a lot about your sisters life, because you had little contact? And you are not able to answer the questions up thread?

That's very understandable, you not wanting to upset your father. You have to decide for yourself and do what feels ok. If I read you right you don't know a lot about your sisters life, because you had little contact? And you are not able to answer the questions up thread?
There wasn't much contact around the time she went missing. She
Did she have a significant other at the time she disappeared? Was she (still) married? Is the father of the baby known?
Sherry was married .to an abusive man. We had little contact bc of her drug abuse and her living so far away.

Hi Spooklife, welcome. So sorry you and your family had to endure all this pain. I think you are very brave to keep searching for your sister because this will possibly dig up things that are -again- painful. Would you be willing to share what you already did to find her? And what you find out? I saw she is listed as a missing person at Charley's P and Namus. Did you asked the police what they have on file, what was in the Missing Person's report? I'm not wanting to overwhelm you with questions, but I wonder if there are more pictures of your sister available and if there is DNA, besides dental records, available now. Did you make a missing person's Facebook or other site for your sister? Giving your sister's case more exposure could be helping. I hope your family is ready for this kind of things. It would also be helpful to know which Jane Doe's your sister was looked against. Stay save. BOH
Yes I have plenty of pics.

Attachments

• image0000001(4).jpg
    image0000001(4).jpg
    82 KB · Views: 37
What's the story with the landlord? Has law enforcement interviewed him?
Yes,according the cops they looked into it however it was a dead end. I want to contact several members of my family who will remain nameless but I'm scared of the emotions itll dredge up. I'm pretty much on my own for the time being until I find some sort if concrete lead to what may have happened or where she is.

Just wanted to jump in and say welcome to you, Spooklife! Thank you for joining Websleuths and providing all this info and pictures. I really hope you will find some answers as to what happened to your sister Sherry.

All the best to you and your loved ones.

Did she have a significant other at the time she disappeared? Was she (still) married? Is the father of the baby known?
Yes,her husband at the time was abusive and is presumed to have moved to another country.not exactly sure when .I'm still inquiring into some family members but I would like to not alert my father about what I'm doing since I know he would truly be upset and get emotional for digging up something hes buried deep inside

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back