586 users online (59 members and 527 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #3 *Arrest*

Sierah Joughin was out riding with her boyfriend Tuesday before the pair parted ways around 6:45 p.m. near Evergreen High School in Metamora, Ohio. The University of Toledo junior was reported missing by her family later that night when she didn't return home.

Her purple bicycle was discovered several rows into a cornfield not far from where she was last seen, Fulton County Sheriff Roy Miller said Thursday. He added that there were signs of struggle.

Given the suspicious nature of the disappearance, the FBI is assisting in the search.

http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/desp...e-bike-n614406

James Worley, 57, of Delta was arrested early this morning on an abduction charge related to the disappearance of Sierah Joughin, said Fulton County Sheriff Roy Miller.

Ms. Joughin has not been located, the sheriff said, and authorities continue to search for her and for evidence at Worley’s Fulton Township property.

[...]

Search crews for days have been out looking for the missing woman. Paul Bishop, a family spokesman, said a reward for information leading to finding Ms. Joughin has been increased to $100,000.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fi...on-County.html

FULTON COUNTY, OH (WTVG) - Authorities said in a news conference Saturday afternoon, they "strongly believe" the remains of missing 20-year-old Sierah Joughin have been found.

Remains were found around 6:15 Friday night in an area off of County Road 7.

Investigators are not giving many details at this time but it was reported earlier they were searching ponds and corn fields off CR 6 and the surrounding area.

Investigators also brought excavation equipment to the home of James D. Worley, 57 of Delta.
    Worley is in custody at this time and additional charges against are pending.

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/Fu...387934332.html
    [press conference video at link]

Case Map
    [compliments of steelman]

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg ce.jpg (54.3 KB, 1433 views)
    Last edited by tlcya; 07-24-2016 at 07:33 PM.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Please continue

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

Not sure if this will work.....wanted to bring this forward to this new thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/att...chmentid=98728

So we can easily find the thread to the basement:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...erts-7/page256
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starry Night View Post
    Not sure if this will work.....wanted to bring this forward to this new thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/att...chmentid=98728
    Lets see if this works

Ah there we go, thank you starry!

Beautiful, beautiful girl and a wonderful photograph. It would look so fabulous on a big canvas on a wall if family desires
    Last edited by skibaboo; 07-24-2016 at 07:56 PM.

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

That was great of you to bring that over Starry! Thank you!

THAT is the photo that needs to be in the opening post. The one that shows her joy. Thanks ladies for bringing it over.

I have been reading a lot of "chatter" in various Fulton County Ohio social media groups and also local newspaper online comments and such, and I just don't see a lot of people who claim to know this man. I have followed at least a dozen missing person and homicide cases, and there seems to be more people who know the accused (monster) and want to either defend him or tell their experiences with him/her, went to school with him/her, worked with him/her, etc. I mean, I think of JW, accused of killing Rebecca Blesch in West MI (and an abduction, etc.), and people all over are chattering about he came into this store, used to work with him, etc. I just don't see that with this JDW. Any thoughts on this? Do locals really not know him? Was he that hidden? Was it not commonly known of his past record --- or was it and for over a decade or more, people just steered clear of him because of his record? Or maybe people do know him, but they aren't on social media or aren't talking about him on social media.

Snipped
    Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth2679 View Post
    I just don't see that with this JDW. Any thoughts on this? Do locals really not know him? Was he that hidden? Was it not commonly known of his past record --- or was it and for over a decade or more, people just steered clear of him because of his record? Or maybe people do know him, but they aren't on social media or aren't talking about him on social media.
    I've seen a few on sm threads and not a single one with anything good to say about him, all pretty bad actually. I'm guessing from what I've read that people knew he was a bad guy (to say the least) and avoided him like the plague.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been reading a lot of "chatter" in various Fulton County Ohio social media groups and also local newspaper online comments and such, and I just don't see a lot of people who claim to know this man. I have followed at least a dozen missing person and homicide cases, and there seems to be more people who know the accused (monster) and want to either defend him or tell their experiences with him/her, went to school with him/her, worked with him/her, etc. I mean, I think of JW, accused of killing Rebecca Blesch in West MI (and an abduction, etc.), and people all over are chattering about he came into this store, used to work with him, etc. I just don't see that with this JDW. Any thoughts on this? Do locals really not know him? Was he that hidden? Was it not commonly known of his past record --- or was it and for over a decade or more, people just steered clear of him because of his record? Or maybe people do know him, but they aren't on social media or aren't talking about him on social media.
    First...THANK YOU tlcya for putting her pic at the top of this thread. I love that pic.

I think people have steered clear of him his whole life. The people living now in Metamora don't know of him because he lives in Delta and it's not the same town. His neighbor across the street or next to him, I can't remember which, said he and his family, which consists of 2 daughters 16 & 8 have never even spoken to him in 7-8 years of living there.

I didn't know he had children. That is so sad to me. And now they have to live with this knowledge about him. As if the previous crime were not enough. A crime like this leaves so many lives affected.

Quote Originally Posted by keeleydoll View Post
    Snipped

I've seen a few on sm threads and not a single one with anything good to say about him, all pretty bad actually. I'm guessing from what I've read that people knew he was a bad guy (to say the least) and avoided him like the plague.
    I wonder if his past was known locally-or if just his growing up there and being known as eccentric or whatever had people thinking he was 'Boo Radley' or something worse.

Also I bet he was a loner type and didn't mingle much. I am really curious about what LE will discover at his residence.
    Last edited by sillybilly; 07-24-2016 at 08:41 PM. Reason: repair broken quote

In this community, usually you either know someone you know their family, or you know someone who knows them. It has seemed odd to me too that he is known or "known of" by so few people.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Vikingcountry; 07-24-2016 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    I didn't know he had children. That is so sad to me. And now they have to live with this knowledge about him. As if the previous crime were not enough. A crime like this leaves so many lives affected.
    I believe it is the neighbors' kids Jashmera is posting about. IMO
    IMO JMO
    -------------------------------------------
    Find Heather
    Find Eric Lee Franks
    https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks?ref=bookmarks

"Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one." Mikayoyo

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    The neighbors have daughters, I don't know if he has family there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast