Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

link

Sierah Joughin was out riding with her boyfriend Tuesday before the pair parted ways around 6:45 p.m. near Evergreen High School in Metamora, Ohio. The University of Toledo junior was reported missing by her family later that night when she didn't return home.

Her purple bicycle was discovered several rows into a cornfield not far from where she was last seen, Fulton County Sheriff Roy Miller said Thursday. He added that there were signs of struggle.

Given the suspicious nature of the disappearance, the FBI is assisting in the search.

http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/des...ierah-joughin-who-vanished-while-bike-n614406

James Worley, 57, of Delta was arrested early this morning on an abduction charge related to the disappearance of Sierah Joughin, said Fulton County Sheriff Roy Miller.

Ms. Joughin has not been located, the sheriff said, and authorities continue to search for her and for evidence at Worley’s Fulton Township property.

[...]

Search crews for days have been out looking for the missing woman. Paul Bishop, a family spokesman, said a reward for information leading to finding Ms. Joughin has been increased to $100,000.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2016/07/22/Man-charged-with-abduction-in-Fulton-County.html

FULTON COUNTY, OH (WTVG) - Authorities said in a news conference Saturday afternoon, they "strongly believe" the remains of missing 20-year-old Sierah Joughin have been found.

Remains were found around 6:15 Friday night in an area off of County Road 7.

Investigators are not giving many details at this time but it was reported earlier they were searching ponds and corn fields off CR 6 and the surrounding area.

Investigators also brought excavation equipment to the home of James D. Worley, 57 of Delta.
Worley is in custody at this time and additional charges against are pending.

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/Fulton-County-man-arrested-charged-with-abduction-387934332.html
[press conference video at link]

Case Map
[compliments of steelman]

Thread #1
Thread #2

Attachments

• ce.jpg
    ce.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,466
Please continue

That was great of you to bring that over Starry! Thank you!

THAT is the photo that needs to be in the opening post. The one that shows her joy. Thanks ladies for bringing it over.

I have been reading a lot of "chatter" in various Fulton County Ohio social media groups and also local newspaper online comments and such, and I just don't see a lot of people who claim to know this man. I have followed at least a dozen missing person and homicide cases, and there seems to be more people who know the accused (monster) and want to either defend him or tell their experiences with him/her, went to school with him/her, worked with him/her, etc. I mean, I think of JW, accused of killing Rebecca Blesch in West MI (and an abduction, etc.), and people all over are chattering about he came into this store, used to work with him, etc. I just don't see that with this JDW. Any thoughts on this? Do locals really not know him? Was he that hidden? Was it not commonly known of his past record --- or was it and for over a decade or more, people just steered clear of him because of his record? Or maybe people do know him, but they aren't on social media or aren't talking about him on social media.

Snipped
I just don't see that with this JDW. Any thoughts on this? Do locals really not know him? Was he that hidden? Was it not commonly known of his past record --- or was it and for over a decade or more, people just steered clear of him because of his record? Or maybe people do know him, but they aren't on social media or aren't talking about him on social media.

I've seen a few on sm threads and not a single one with anything good to say about him, all pretty bad actually. I'm guessing from what I've read that people knew he was a bad guy (to say the least) and avoided him like the plague.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been reading a lot of "chatter" in various Fulton County Ohio social media groups and also local newspaper online comments and such, and I just don't see a lot of people who claim to know this man. I have followed at least a dozen missing person and homicide cases, and there seems to be more people who know the accused (monster) and want to either defend him or tell their experiences with him/her, went to school with him/her, worked with him/her, etc. I mean, I think of JW, accused of killing Rebecca Blesch in West MI (and an abduction, etc.), and people all over are chattering about he came into this store, used to work with him, etc. I just don't see that with this JDW. Any thoughts on this? Do locals really not know him? Was he that hidden? Was it not commonly known of his past record --- or was it and for over a decade or more, people just steered clear of him because of his record? Or maybe people do know him, but they aren't on social media or aren't talking about him on social media.

First...THANK YOU tlcya for putting her pic at the top of this thread. I love that pic.

I think people have steered clear of him his whole life. The people living now in Metamora don't know of him because he lives in Delta and it's not the same town. His neighbor across the street or next to him, I can't remember which, said he and his family, which consists of 2 daughters 16 & 8 have never even spoken to him in 7-8 years of living there.

I didn't know he had children. That is so sad to me. And now they have to live with this knowledge about him. As if the previous crime were not enough. A crime like this leaves so many lives affected. :(

Snipped

I've seen a few on sm threads and not a single one with anything good to say about him, all pretty bad actually. I'm guessing from what I've read that people knew he was a bad guy (to say the least) and avoided him like the plague.
I wonder if his past was known locally-or if just his growing up there and being known as eccentric or whatever had people thinking he was 'Boo Radley' or something worse.

Also I bet he was a loner type and didn't mingle much. I am really curious about what LE will discover at his residence.

In this community, usually you either know someone you know their family, or you know someone who knows them. It has seemed odd to me too that he is known or "known of" by so few people.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I didn't know he had children. That is so sad to me. And now they have to live with this knowledge about him. As if the previous crime were not enough. A crime like this leaves so many lives affected. :(

I believe it is the neighbors' kids Jashmera is posting about. IMO

The neighbors have daughters, I don't know if he has family there.

I'm too many pages behind...has there been a thread started yet with other possible connections?

:blush: I misread. Wrangling dinner cleanup.

In this community, usually you either know someone you know their family, or you know someone who knows them. It has seemed odd to me too that he is known or "known of" by so few people.

I think that is my experience too. I grew up (for 28 years) in a similar small NW Ohio community (Defiance/Ayersville) and on a large farm that connected to the next family farm and so on, so the fields and family connections are what I'm used to. I just thought that with him living at what sounds to be "the family homestead" -- passed through family for generations it sounds like -- there'd be quite a few people who know the family and him. I can think of several people and families that were commonly known growing up, and even now when I visit back home, whom we all knew to sort-of steer clear of because no good really came from association with them.
And now corn fields are so much scarier than just a toddler wandering off and needing a search to find them lost deep in the field. Now there are monsters in corn fields. Going home to the farm will never be the same for me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie