NY - Mari Gilbert, mother of Shannan Gilbert, murdered by daughter Sarra, 23 July 2016

I hope this wasn't already posted somewhere, I didn't see it anywhere.

Lots of ugly comments under the news article. People can be so hateful, strangers make snap judgments as you're taking your last breath. I don't know much about this woman as a mother, but I'm sure she had some struggles in her life.

:rose: RIP Mari Gilbert :rose:

:cry: Godspeed Mari
I cannot believe this happened and I'm wondering if Mari had recently come into money from a lawsuit or something.

Lots of ugly comments under the news article. People can be so hateful, strangers make snap judgments as you're taking your last breath. I don't know much about this woman as a mother, but I'm sure she had some struggles in her life.

:rose: RIP Mari Gilbert :rose:

Curious Me, Mari was no different from anyone else in the world and this is one reason why I hate people. The peeps commenting sure can spin it and they don't even
know the half it.
Mari was deserving of so much more. I pray she is with Shannon and the pain is gone.

This really is a terrible tragedy for the Gilbert family. It's unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I just ran across this thread and thought at first I had misread it!
Mari Gilbert had already suffered more than any mother should with the public loss of Shannan, and so many questions still left unanswered.
To know that her life was taken at Sarra's hands just adds another layer of tragedy that's almost beyond belief.
My faith allows me to believe Mari and Shannan are finally together once more. I just wish it hadn't happened like this.
:(
:rose: :rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the link to the WABC-TV airing of the news of Mari's death.
I think John Ray did a terrific job here.

I don't know if it will be able to be played....

<iframe width="476" height="267" src="http://abc7ny.com/video/embed/?pid=1440984" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• Sherre Mari Gilbert.png
    Sherre Mari Gilbert.png
    272.5 KB · Views: 0
Attorney: Shannan Gilbert’s Sister Stabbed Mother To Death « CBS New York
[...]
Gilbert is being held at Ulster County jail and is expected to be arraigned on Tuesday.

“Think about it — a mother being murdered by your own child. Can there by anything that you can consider more horrible than that?” family attorney John Ray told CBS2’s Brian Conybeare.

Sarra Gilbert and her mother lived in separate apartments at 9 Warren Street.

“Mari was invited to Sarra’s home and in the living room, she was knifed to death,” Ray said.

Ray said Sarra Gilbert is schizophrenic, has been in-and-out of mental hospitals, and turned violent in recent months, even killing a family dog right in front of her 8-year-old son.

“She drowned the puppy in the presence of her child,” Ray said. “Not so long ago, Sarra purchased a knife at Walmart and took her son into the forest nearby to put him to death. This did not occur because her boyfriend found out about it and put a stop to it.”

[...]
Audio report & More@Link
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/07/24/shannan-gilbert-mother-murder/

Attorney: Shannan Gilbert&#8217;s Sister Stabbed Mother To Death

&#8220;Mari was invited to Sarra&#8217;s home and in the living room, she was knifed to death,&#8221; Ray said.

Ray said Sarra Gilbert is schizophrenic, has been in-and-out of mental hospitals, and turned violent in recent months, even killing a family dog right in front of her 8-year-old son.

&#8220;She drowned the puppy in the presence of her child,&#8221; Ray said. &#8220;Not so long ago, Sarra purchased a knife at Walmart and took her son into the forest nearby to put him to death. This did not occur because her boyfriend found out about it and put a stop to it.&#8221;

Attorney: Shannan Gilbert’s Sister Stabbed Mother To Death « CBS New York
[...]
Gilbert is being held at Ulster County jail and is expected to be arraigned on Tuesday.

“Think about it — a mother being murdered by your own child. Can there by anything that you can consider more horrible than that?” family attorney John Ray told CBS2’s Brian Conybeare.

“Mari was invited to Sarra’s home and in the living room, she was knifed to death,” Ray said.

“She drowned the puppy in the presence of her child,” Ray said. “Not so long ago, Sarra purchased a knife at Walmart and took her son into the forest nearby to put him to death. This did not occur because her boyfriend found out about it and put a stop to it.”

[...]
Audio report & More@Link

Wait what? OMG, it keeps getting worse. I feel so bad for their family, what's left of it. I pray her son knew nothing about what mum was about to do. :cry:

Why was she allowed to live there and free and I noticed her crazy eyes right away. I haven't read the whole story yet...I am in too much shock right now.
This pic breaks my heart
attachment.php

Thanks for the link Kimi. :candle:

Attachments

• shannan-gilbert-mom-thumb.jpg
    shannan-gilbert-mom-thumb.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 870
Rest in peace, Mari. So much suffering. You fought hard for Shannan.

I believe the boyfriend obviously knew this girl was suffering extra and violent emotional problems, and maybe if he had contacted Mari they could have gotten her the help she so desperately needed. Surely she was under the care of a licensed counselor, and he should have been contacted and made arrangements for her to go to the hospital ASAP! All the warning bells were going off, if the boyfriend was aware (and had to be), he should have known it was only going to get worse. This entire tragedy probably could have been avoided. This girl will most likely will never be tried and will end up with a lengthy stay in a mental hospital.
I hope her son has a dad or a close relative who can give him a good home. Obviously, he isn't safe living with his mom. So sad her son has lost an aunt, a mom, and a grandmother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back