07-25-2016, 06:32 PM #1
PA - Ridley Twp., WhtMale 566UMPA, 16-25, in creek, Kool cigarettes, Dec'78
I didn't see this guy on NamUs at all, but I did find him on DoeNet.
The Doe Network:
Case File 566UMPA
Reconstruction of Victim by Charlaine MichaelisUnidentified White Male
- The victim was discovered on December 13, 1978 in Ridley Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania
- Cause of Death: Six .25 caliber contact gunshot wounds on neck and trunk.
- Estimated age: Late teens to early 20's
- Approximate Height and Weight: 6'1/2''; 165-175 lbs.
- Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown eyes, dark wavy brown hair of moderate length. Freckles, left earlobe pierced, light brown birthmark on left lower abdomen.
- Clothing: Light brown, loose knit sweater, tan trousers, brown leather belt, black socks, brown Oxford-style shoes with rubber soles. "Kool" cigarettes. No underwear.
- Jewelry: Seiko windup watch stopped at 4:45, Monday 10th. Neck chain with silver horn and heart. Arrow shaped earring, left ear.
- Fingerprints: 145910DO14135214DI18 / L 9 R/T 110 14
- Other: Blood type: A.
The victim was located in Ridley Township, PA on December 13, 1978, partially immersed in creek.
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Delaware County Medical Examiner
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
I also found an article from 1988 (10 years after he was found) that mentions him! http://articles.philly.com/1988-07-0...-several-times
The man, who might have been a wayward seaman, has been unidentified since he was found shot to death at the edge of Crum Creek in Ridley Township nearly 10 years ago. The woman, probably a drifter, lost her life and her face to a shotgun blast in an Upper Darby playground in 1981, according to investigators.
Dr. Dimitri L. Contostavlos, the Delaware County medical examiner, said both bodies were kept refrigerated for years while investigators searched for clues about their identities. When the clues ran out, the bodies were interred in the potter's field off Route 352 in Lima.
The man found in Ridley Township and the woman killed in Upper Darby fit the pattern of the most-difficult bodies to trace: they were slain; they had no identification; and they almost certainly came from someplace else.
During spare moments, Hurst spreads the thin sheaf of documents that detail what little is known known about the man and woman. He wonders what more can be done to solve the mystery.
"They're beside my desk in a filing cabinet with a big 'unknown' label on it," he said. "But they're never forgotten."
The man's body was found Dec. 13, 1978. He had been shot several times and was partially submerged in the creek. He was white, 6 feet tall, weighed about 175 pounds and had dark brown hair and eyes. For a long time, investigators tried to link him with the merchant marine because he was wearing a watch purchased in a military store. He also wore an arrow-shaped earring and a necklace with a silver horn and heart.
I wonder how hard it would be to get him in NamUs...
By elmomom in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 289Last Post: Today, 12:24 PM
By Romulus in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 7Last Post: 10-15-2016, 04:55 PM
By jessr927 in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 0Last Post: 08-05-2016, 12:34 PM
By Cluelesswaif in forum Identified!Replies: 5Last Post: 07-08-2013, 01:52 PM
By SeriouslySearching in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 3Last Post: 02-02-2011, 02:44 PM