AK - Jacqueline Goodwin, 30, found slain after MVA, Anchorage, 25 July 2016 *Arrests*

Wow! He must have been on his way to dump the body. Sick, the whole family. Poor girl.

A woman whose body was discovered in an Anchorage car crash Monday night was shot, asphyxiated and bludgeoned to death by the car's driver before the crash, and members of the driver's family helped cover up the crime, officials said Wednesday.

(...)

Wilkins shook his head as the judge read the sex assault charge and again when Olson detailed the nature of Goodwin's death. He tried to speak at one point but was inaudible.

Wilkins' mother and brother, Jacqueline and Conner Stefano, ages 61 and 28, also face charges, single counts of tampering with evidence and hindering prosecution. Jacqueline Stefano also faces a felony drug charge.

During the investigation, Anchorage police seized a cache of money and drugs from a West Anchorage house, as well as evidence of a fatal shooting, according to the charging document.
http://www.adn.com/alaska-news/crim...nday-car-crash-leads-to-murder-investigation/

In one article it detailed the abuse, saying that there were zip ties stuffed down her throat and plier marks on her breasts. Poor poor girl.

Somebody should shoot him in his private parts and leave him lying there helpless.

Drugs. Mom and brother in the house heard the 'commotion' in the basement but did nothing to help this woman. One son already in prison for drug related murder. Nice family. Mom did well, she raised 2 murderers.

The sounds of a woman being tortured described as "commotion" in the basement.
No-one came to help this poor woman, how anyone could hear the sounds of a woman being tortured and not stop it is beyond comprehension.
I am pleased they are also being charged.
I don't know about Alaska, but else where in the world, (here anyway) a definition of complicit is - to be aware that a crime is being committed, and to do nothing.

I stumbled upon this case (somewhat accidentally) about six months ago, and I haven't been able to find any recent articles or information-- everything I've found (which is very little) is all from 2016 just after he was arrested.

So I looked him up on CourtView and checked out the case info there. There was supposed to be a Discovery Hearing this past December, but it's been postponed three times so far, listed as "Off-Record Continuance."
It's now scheduled for April 21st, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets postponed yet again.

On that note, does anyone here happen to know if Discovery Hearings are open to the public (and/or press)? Or does it maybe just depend on the state? I was hoping to be able to sit in on it whenever it finally happens.

Anyway, like I said, it's somewhat surprising to me that there hasn't been any new info on this case since it happened in 2016. I'm not sure what type of info I'd expect to see, but still, it just kind of seems like it was a small blip in the news and then completely forgotten about.

Obviously this was never exactly a "whodunnit" case from the start, so maybe that's why. But still, I have so many questions.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for posting about this case here. No one deserves to die like Jacqueline Goodwin did, and I hope that justice is eventually served.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back