1232 users online (196 members and 1036 guests)  

Websleuths News

OH - Richard Pisano, 49, Oberlin, 22 July 2016

Out-of-state man missing after visiting Walmart in Oberlin

Oberlin police are looking for a missing man who never came back to his car and two dogs in a Walmart parking lot July 22 at approximately 4:10 in the evening.
    Patrolman Steve Chapman said the man identified as Richard Pisano, 49, of Girard, Pennsylvania, was seen leaving the Walmart, 46440 Route 20.
    A witness called police and said they saw two dogs in a car in the parking lot.
    http://www.morningjournal.com/articl...NEWS/160729753
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

from los2188's link:

On the video, Pisano appears to see the police gathered around the vehicle and becomes extremely nervous and walks into the woods north of the store.“He suffers from mental illness, most specifically paranoia.”

Sounds like he got spooked when the police responded to the report of dogs left in the car. I'm surprised he hasn't been found yet, hope he's okay. The Morning Journal article also mentions that he'd bought two tents, a backpack, and beef jerky...if he has water he'll probably be okay for a bit.

The "woods north of the store" aren't that big: https://www.google.com/maps/place/46...!4d-82.2238742

Hmm, sounds like he had reason to be nervous about police and he might actually not want to be found: http://www.goerie.com/article/201606...sts-girard-man
    Last edited by radiator; 07-26-2016 at 12:08 AM. Reason: added additional information

Quote Originally Posted by radiator View Post
    from los2188's link:

On the video, Pisano appears to see the police gathered around the vehicle and becomes extremely nervous and walks into the woods north of the store.“He suffers from mental illness, most specifically paranoia.”

Sounds like he got spooked when the police responded to the report of dogs left in the car. I'm surprised he hasn't been found yet, hope he's okay. The Morning Journal article also mentions that he'd bought two tents, a backpack, and beef jerky...if he has water he'll probably be okay for a bit.

The "woods north of the store" aren't that big: https://www.google.com/maps/place/46...!4d-82.2238742

Hmm, sounds like he had reason to be nervous about police and he might actually not want to be found: http://www.goerie.com/article/201606...sts-girard-man
    That link says he's been arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by dillysmom11 View Post
    That link says he's been arrested.
    I believe the goerie.com article that talks about Richard's arrest is from 17 June 2016 (so before he went missing). His legal issues detailed in thr article could be a motivation for his disappearance though.

Quote Originally Posted by KayElJay View Post
    I believe the goerie.com article that talks about Richard's arrest is from 17 June 2016 (so before he went missing). His legal issues detailed in thr article could be a motivation for his disappearance though.
    Gotcha, thanks! It always makes me sad when dogs are left behind. No matter the reason.

Gotcha, thanks! It always makes me sad when dogs are left behind. No matter the reason.
    That really gets to me too Thank goodness someone saw them in the car, so hopefully they are being well cared for now.

Quote Originally Posted by KayElJay View Post
    That really gets to me too Thank goodness someone saw them in the car, so hopefully they are being well cared for now.
    The first article says his dad came and got the dogs after the police took them to an animal shelter.