751 users online (107 members and 644 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

GA - Leslie Adams, 40, Lilburn, 21 Oct 2005

Lilburn Police Seek Missing Woman

Posted: 10/26/2005

Lilburn police say they found signs of foul play inside the apartment of a woman who has been missing for several days. They went to the home after 40-year-old Leslie Adamsí family called police on Monday.

Roberta Adams spoke to her sister Leslie Thursday by telephone. Leslie told Roberta that she would see her the next night at Robertaís birthday party. Leslie never showed up.

ďI just want to say that I hope my sisterís alive. I want to find her,Ē Roberta said.

Late Monday afternoon, Lilburn police say that they made a welfare check at Leslieís apartment. Her car was parked outside her apartment, but she was not home. Police say they went inside and found something that made them call Gwinnett Countyís Crime Scene Investigation unit.

ďWe did find some things that led us to believe that itís possible something might have happened on the inside in the way of foul play, so based on that information, we went ahead and processed it as such,Ē said Sgt. Tyler Thomas of the Lilburn Police Dept.

Continued:

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_art...?storyid=71020

Boyfriend 'cooperative' in missing case
    No suspect named in woman's disappearance

Published on: 10/27/05

Five days before Leslie Marva Adams went missing, she asked a judge to protect her from her boyfriend, expressing fear for her life.

Her boyfriend, Billy Joe Cook, 38, said Wednesday he had nothing to do with her disappearance and that he is praying she will be found.

Gwinnett police are still searching for Adams, 40, of Lilburn, who was reported missing on Monday. Though police are aware of the restraining order granted against Cook, they have not named him as a suspect in Adams' disappearance, said Detective Marcus Head. He confirmed the boyfriend had been interviewed by police.

"I talked to him today," Head said. "He was cooperative, and at this time we do not consider him a suspect."

Adams filed for and received a restraining order against Cook on Oct. 19 in Superior Court. She claimed Cook was excessively jealous and had choked, stalked, beaten and threatened her numerous times during their 18-month relationship.

Continued:

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...27missing.html

Family prays, looks for missing woman

Candles flickered, hymns were sung and hope stayed alive as relatives and friends of a missing Lilburn woman held a prayer vigil Friday night.
    About 40 people attended the vigil, held outside the apartment of Leslie Marva Adams, who was reported missing Monday.

"I will be in Georgia till we find her," said Eric Adams, Marva Adams' brother who arrived from Williamsport, Pa., Tuesday. "We will leave no stone unturned."

Police reported no new information Friday in their investigation into the disappearance of the 40-year-old hairstylist.

Eric Adams and his mother, Phyllis Adams, were the last family members to speak with Leslie, by phone Oct. 21. When she was reported missing Monday, Lilburn police went to Adams' apartment and "saw some things that just didn't add up," Lilburn police spokesman Tyler Thomas said earlier this week. He declined to say what raised suspicion.

Gwinnett County police spokesman Darren Moloney said Friday in a news release that investigators have received a great deal of information but that there were no suspects. That includes Adams' ex-boyfriend, Billy Joe Cook of Snellville. On Oct. 19, Adams obtained a restraining order against him, claiming in the court document that Cook was physically abusive and that "I am fearful of my life."

Reached by phone Wednesday, Cook said he had nothing to do with the disappearance.

This week in metro Atlanta, family members have been posting fliers with Adams' picture asking that anyone who has seen her contact Gwinnett police. One site visited was Compound, the trendy Midtown nightclub where friends think Adams was the night of Oct. 20.

Friday night, standing in a circle on the grass outside Adams' apartment, they sang and prayed.

"God, please bring her home safely," one man pleaded, as others wept.

Today, friends and relatives plan to search for Adams at noon, starting at her apartment on Jodeco Circle off Burns Road.

"We need all the help we can get, from wherever we can get it," Eric Adams said. "Any kind of resources we can get will help."

Anyone with information on Leslie Adams is asked to call Gwinnett police Detective Marcus Head at 770-513-5300.

http://www.ajc.com/saturday/content/epaper...3c707a0055.html

Quote Originally Posted by fourboys
    Family prays, looks for missing woman

Candles flickered, hymns were sung and hope stayed alive as relatives and friends of a missing Lilburn woman held a prayer vigil Friday night.
    About 40 people attended the vigil, held outside the apartment of Leslie Marva Adams, who was reported missing Monday.

"I will be in Georgia till we find her," said Eric Adams, Marva Adams' brother who arrived from Williamsport, Pa., Tuesday. "We will leave no stone unturned."

Police reported no new information Friday in their investigation into the disappearance of the 40-year-old hairstylist.

Eric Adams and his mother, Phyllis Adams, were the last family members to speak with Leslie, by phone Oct. 21. When she was reported missing Monday, Lilburn police went to Adams' apartment and "saw some things that just didn't add up," Lilburn police spokesman Tyler Thomas said earlier this week. He declined to say what raised suspicion.

Gwinnett County police spokesman Darren Moloney said Friday in a news release that investigators have received a great deal of information but that there were no suspects. That includes Adams' ex-boyfriend, Billy Joe Cook of Snellville. On Oct. 19, Adams obtained a restraining order against him, claiming in the court document that Cook was physically abusive and that "I am fearful of my life."

Reached by phone Wednesday, Cook said he had nothing to do with the disappearance.

This week in metro Atlanta, family members have been posting fliers with Adams' picture asking that anyone who has seen her contact Gwinnett police. One site visited was Compound, the trendy Midtown nightclub where friends think Adams was the night of Oct. 20.

Friday night, standing in a circle on the grass outside Adams' apartment, they sang and prayed.

"God, please bring her home safely," one man pleaded, as others wept.

Today, friends and relatives plan to search for Adams at noon, starting at her apartment on Jodeco Circle off Burns Road.

"We need all the help we can get, from wherever we can get it," Eric Adams said. "Any kind of resources we can get will help."

Anyone with information on Leslie Adams is asked to call Gwinnett police Detective Marcus Head at 770-513-5300.

http://www.ajc.com/saturday/content/...c707a0055.html
    another poor woman who needed protection and didnt get it .these violent a/holes just dont care about restraining orders or think they will be caught .
    I hope she is ok but it sounds bad for her if they found evidence of foul play

Reward Offered for Missing Woman

Updated: 11/9/2005
    Reported By: Kevin Rowson

The family of a missing Lilburn woman offers a reward for information about her whereabouts.

Leslie Marva Adams didnít show up for work at a hair salon on October 21. The next day, her family went to her apartment and found her car, but the 40-year-old Adams was not there.

Gwinnett County police found indications of foul play inside her apartment.

Adamsí family says she would talk to someone in the family on a daily basis, but they havenít heard from her since.

ďItís been very challenging, and this is one of our darkest moments. Just the uncertainty and not knowing, so weíre just hoping that somebody out there who saw or knows something, will please come forward,Ē said Adamsí cousin, Alayne Adams.

Donations can be made to the Leslie Marva Adams Reward/Donation Fund at any Bank of America branch.

Anyone who has any information on her disappearance or whereabouts is asked to call Gwinnett County police.

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_art...?storyid=71735

I am not discounting anyone but there have been a rash of home invasions in Gwinnett County.Some have resulted in death for the homeowner.

I would sure be taking a good hard look at the ex-boyfriend. It sounds like he has been really violent towards her and she hadn't had that protection order to long. Of course a protection order doesn't stop a violent person. If they upheld the law they wouldn't beat on their girlfriends...wives...or ex's. I wonder if LE has checked this guy's vehicle over? Sounds like they are just talking to him so far. I'm placing a bet on the ex.

I hope that she is found safe and sound. I wonder what LE found in her apt that made them think that something had happened?

Leslie Adams on AMW and Website

The family of Leslie Adams would like you all to know that Leslie's case will be featured on America's Most Wanted tonight.
    Angel Garden of Hope has also been working with them on a website for Leslie.
    Please take a moment to visit her site and sign the guestbook.

www.Geocities.Com/FindLeslieAdams

Hope some leads for Leslie's safe return comes from the story.

Such a beautiful, smiling woman. Sounds like a lovely lady.

IMO, I don't trust this ex-boyfriend. He just spent 13 yrs in jail, released almost 2 yrs and was in a relationship with her for 1 1/2 yrs. And she disappears after TRO is taken out by Leslie. Something is not right there.

$5,000 reward offered in missing woman case

A $5,000 reward has been offered in the case of a Lilburn woman missing since Oct. 29.
    Leslie Marva Adams, 40, a hairstylist at a Norcross Great Clips, also is a student at Gwinnett Technical College. She is a U.S. Navy veteran.

Family members last spoke to her Oct. 21.

The reward is being offered by Gov. Sonny Perdue's office and private groups, Gwinnett police spokesman Darren Moloney said. It will be given to anyone supplying information leading to Adams' safe return or the arrest and conviction of anyone involved with her disappearance.

Those wishing to contribute to the reward fund may do so at any Bank of America.

"We're just asking anybody with information about Leslie's disappearance to please come forward," said Alayne Adams, Leslie Adams' cousin and the designated family spokesperson.

"She's really full of life and never met a stranger," she said. "Anyone who meets her will remember her."

Leslie Adams had taken out a temporary restraining order against her ex-boyfriend, Billy Joe Cook, two days before her last conversation with family members. Police interviewed the 38-year-old Snellville man and have said he is not a suspect in Adams' disappearance.

Co-workers have said Adams was at Compound, a trendy Midtown Atlanta nightclub the night of Oct. 20.

Police have no new leads, Moloney said.

More: http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...11missing.html

Reward in missing woman case grows to $10,000

Published on: 11/16/05
    By KEN SUGIURA
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The reward offered in the search for a missing Lilburn woman has been doubled to $10,000.

Leslie Marva Adams, 40, has been missing since Oct. 24. The reward money will go to anyone supplying information that leads to Adams' safe return or the arrest and conviction of anyone involved with her disappearance.

Adams, a hairstylist, last spoke to family members Oct. 21, but she has not been heard from or seen since then. Gwinnett County police spokesman Darren Moloney said the department has received a great deal of information from friends and relatives, but it has not been fruitful.

Police are awaiting the test results of evidence found in Adams' Lilburn apartment. They say they do not have a suspect.

The reward money has been provided by Gov. Sonny Perdue's office and private groups.

Those wishing to contribute may do so at any Bank of America. Anyone with information about Adams' disappearance is asked to contact Detective M.P. Head at 770-513-5300.

The family has also set up a Web site, http://www.geocities.com/findleslieadams/

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...5/16adams.html

The reward has grown thanks to a CNN viewer. Police to begin a helicopter search due to new leads.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metr...7gwxadams.html

New Web Site Helps Search

A new Web site has been set up to spur tips and offer more information about the whereabouts of Leslie Adams. The reward has bumped up to $25,000 for information to find Adams.

Month-old flyers are being replaced with new color photos and new information and a reward thatís growing so rapidly that the printing cannot keep up.

Itís all a sign of the energy the family is focusing on finding one of their own.

ďItís hard. Itís hard to go on every day, but Iím very hopeful that sheís going to come home alive,Ē said Leslie Adamsí sister, Roberta Adams.

Thursday night, police used sensitive equipment and their helicopter to search areas near where Adams lives in Lilburn.

More than three weeks ago, they searched her apartment, and found evidence that suggested foul play.

Adams had recently started the process of a restraining order on her boyfriend Billy Cook. In it, she said she was afraid that he would be violent.

Cook has denied being abusive, and denies being involved in Adams' disappearance.

He says itís not like her to disappear

More http://www.11alive.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=72117

I hope they find something to implicate this man if he's guilty of Leslie missing!

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    A new Web site has been set up to spur tips and offer more information about the whereabouts of Leslie Adams. The reward has bumped up to $25,000 for information to find Adams.

Month-old flyers are being replaced with new color photos and new information and a reward thatís growing so rapidly that the printing cannot keep up.

Itís all a sign of the energy the family is focusing on finding one of their own.

ďItís hard. Itís hard to go on every day, but Iím very hopeful that sheís going to come home alive,Ē said Leslie Adamsí sister, Roberta Adams.

Thursday night, police used sensitive equipment and their helicopter to search areas near where Adams lives in Lilburn.

More than three weeks ago, they searched her apartment, and found evidence that suggested foul play.

Adams had recently started the process of a restraining order on her boyfriend Billy Cook. In it, she said she was afraid that he would be violent.

Cook has denied being abusive, and denies being involved in Adams' disappearance.

He says itís not like her to disappear

More http://www.11alive.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=72117

This ex-boyfriend denies ever being abusive to Leslie but I've never heard of a woman who went to court to get a Protection Order that didn't fear for her life or who wasn't afraid of the person the order was against...with good reason. I think it is just to coincidential that she goes to court for a Protection Order and a couple days later she just vanishes.

Of course the ex is going to deny any involvement in Leslie's disappearance. He's no different then the others who have done the same thing. I wonder if they found any evidence....in relation to him...in the house. It seems that it takes forever to get anything back from crime labs. That is probably because there is so much crime in the US that they are all back logged. How sad.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast