1094 users online (229 members and 865 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    why are they charged with second degree murder when it was obviously planned?

Rideout trial: Bloody clothes, Craig Rideout's wallet and keys

Craig W. Rideout's wallet and an assortment of bloodied clothing were among items police looking into his death discovered found stuffed into trashbags in the trunk of the car two of his sons had been using in Mendon Ponds Park last July.

In painstaking detail, Monroe County Sheriff's Deputy Wendy Sears, a crime scene investigator, told jurors on Thursday of how she found the wallet, as well as multiple bloodied pants, shoes, shirts and underwear, in the Chrysler 200 on July 22. As well, she said, two keys were found that matched locks at Craig Rideout's Penfield condo.
    Here's what has happened at the Craig Rideout homicide trial so far

By the time Friday rolled around, prosecutors in the Craig Rideout homicide trial needed four carts to carry their brown paper bags of evidence out of the courtroom.

And there are still as many as four weeks of proceedings to come.

Defendants fighting for own survival in Rideout trial

Wasn't it possible that the strangulation did not take significant force?, Assistant Public Defender Julie Cianca implied in her questions Wednesday to Monroe County Medical Examiner Dr. Nadia Granger.

Moments later, defense lawyer Michael DiPrima took an entirely different approach, trying to prod Granger into testimony that showed that whoever killed Rideout had to be particularly strong.

While both Cianca and DiPrima are defense lawyers in the ongoing murder trial, their questions of Granger Wednesday were a stark reminder that there are four defendants on trial, and each is fighting for his or her own survival.
    Images of acid burns, bones shown during Rideout murder trial testimony

Dr. Nadia Granger showed the jury multiple, graphic images of the autopsy, saying Rideout died from strangulation.

She said a deep indentation of the skin all the way around the neck showed a device was used to strangle him.

I've been following this whole thing. And, specifically now the trial through published reports and the live tweets of Democrat & Chronical reporters (most recently, Gary Craig). Maybe I'm getting ahead of the pace, but is there said to have been any blood - or other evidence - in Craig Rideout's van that was located at the Bushnell's Basin Park & Ride? Also, did I miss it(?), was there a reliable ID of the persons and vehicles seen parked along Adams Road (in Yates County) where the deceased was found? Finally, none of the four defendants have offered any kind of "alibi" for the time frame of the murder, right?

Here's an article in today's news here... not sure if it's been posted http://www.whec.com/news/crime-scene...34858/?cat=565

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me,
    "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”― Mister Rogers

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...ase/473453001/

Why are the Rideouts charged with second-degree murder and not first?

In New York, first-degree murder is now largely reserved for special circumstances, such as: the killing of a police officer, other peace officers, firefighters or judges; mass killings; murder-for-hire; or murder during the commission of another crime, such as robbery, kidnapping or rape.

IMO, So much hinges on the judges instructions to the jury. I also think that the ADA's need to have a strong showing with whomever is their "final" witness today (7/17/17). I just do not think they've yet had that TV-esque "bam" moment (yet). The coming defense, on the other hand, may be able to 'do it's job' by simply capitalizing on the quantity of evidence... and swirling some confusion about it... hoping to "confuse" or "disjoint" jurors.

Quote Originally Posted by four4rock View Post
    IMO, So much hinges on the judges instructions to the jury. I also think that the ADA's need to have a strong showing with whomever is their "final" witness today (7/17/17). I just do not think they've yet had that TV-esque "bam" moment (yet). The coming defense, on the other hand, may be able to 'do it's job' by simply capitalizing on the quantity of evidence... and swirling some confusion about it... hoping to "confuse" or "disjoint" jurors.
    Do you expect all four of them to be convicted of murder?

Closing arguments in Rideout trial

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...gin/484530001/

Alexander Rideout's lawyer Julie Cianca led the closing statements for the four accused and called the case against him "weak" and "insignificant."

"This is not a game of Clue," she said, noting that the prosecution cannot definitively say who killed Craig Rideout.

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeWillBeServed View Post
    Do you expect all four of them to be convicted of murder?
    I do not. Following from afar, and only through what's been published, it doesn't seem like the ADA's have presented an over-the-top compelling argument. Having said that, I absolutely believe that the murderer was seated at that defense table.

http://www.whec.com/news/camera-remo...trial/4545476/

Craig Rideout's sons Colin and Alex are both charged with murder along with Rideout's estranged wife Laura and her boyfriend Paul "P.J." Tucci. On Tuesday, the defense lawyer for Laura Rideout turned the tables on the oldest son, Colin, and said he's the more likely killer and that Laura just went in afterward to clean.

“There is no direct proof she was involved in the murder,” said defense attorney David Pilato. “Was this more the case of a mother helping her child or children?”

ok so its a difference in state law. here in CA this could be a DP case because of the conspiracy.

[QUOTE=JusticeWillBeServed;13502105][URL="http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2017/07/15/rideout

nice. throwing her kid under the bus.

Rideout trial: What is the jury thinking?

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...ing/496307001/

Was a late-night shopping trip to Walmart evidence of planning a murder?

Can blood-spatter evidence prove who was present when that murder was committed?

Does participating in the cover-up effort implicate the defendants in the commission of the murder?

Those are three of the key questions that jurors appear to be considering as they weigh a verdict in the Craig Rideout murder trial.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3