GUILTY NY - Craig Rideout, 50, found murdered, Penfield, 19 July 2016

KristinSchmistin

*Awesome* User
Reaction score
I haven't seen a post on this - the case is local to me and very twisted thus far.
Here's the timeline:

July 19: Craig Rideout, a Penfield man (Monroe County) reported as missing person by his sister
July 20: Rideout's sister went to Rideout's townhouse and found his estranged wife (filed for divorce in 2014) there cleaning up the kitchen because "something smelled bad" and she claimed she had no idea where craig was, and left with a garbage bag.
July 20: Rideout's body is found along the side of a road in a shallow "groove" (failed attempt to dig a grave reportedly) in Yates County, his face and hands were badly burned by heavy acid
July 22: Rideout's estranged wife, Laura Asam Rideout and two grown sons, Alexander Rideout and Colin Rideout were arrested in connection with the murder on charges (details on charges below)
July 23-25: Reports surface that Laura Rideout had planned to leave NY with her Boyfriend and kids (Craig had custody of the two younger kids) despite the divorce not being finalized and a lengthy battle in court.
July 26: Rideout's missing vehicle found in Bushnell's basin at a park and ride lot.

Laura Rideout: 2nd degree burglary, and Felony tampering with evidence
Colin and Alex Rideout: Felony tampering with evidence (they were arrested on 7/21 while disposing of gloves, trash bags, and chemicals at a local park swimming hole called devil's bathtub)

Here's one of the million articles on the case (the d&c paper has the best, most detailed coverage on this thus far): http://www.democratandchronicle.com...iefing-planned-missing-penfield-man/87439094/

July 27, 2016
7:00 pm EST

Dr Drew reporting on this story

2 sons arrested in murder

July 27, 2016
7:30 pm

Laura Rideout, wife of Craig Rideout, planned to leave NY, sources say

The woman charged in connection with the death of her estranged husband was hoping to leave the state with her boyfriend and children, but a lingering and strained divorce proceeding was preventing the move, investigators and people close to the couples said.

Laura Rideout wanted to move to North Carolina with her boyfriend, Paul "P.J." Tucci, of Perinton, and several of their children, but her estranged husband, Craig Rideout of Penfield, had custody of the youngest children and she was not legally able to leave with them, said sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Craig Rideout's body was found July 20 in a Yates County field. He had been asphyxiated and there was blunt trauma to his head.
"Heavy acid" had been poured over his face in an effort to hide his identity and he was "dragged inside a tarp from a vehicle parked along Adams Road approximately 50 feet into a wooded area," according to Yates County Sheriff Ron Spike. A shovel was found nearby and a groove was dug into the ground which indicated someone had tried unsuccessfully to dig a grave.

Rideout, who was last seen about 11 p.m. July 19, identified by dental records.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...icide-divorce-laura-colin-alexander/87573226/

She moved in with her bf a month after his wife died of cancer. How long do you think they were carrying on behind her back?

She moved in with her bf a month after his wife died of cancer. How long do you think they were carrying on behind her back?

Ya, I saw that last night. If you look at the deceased wife's facebook pics, she and her husband (and kids) looked really happy. Very sad all the way around. I can't believe Craig's wife and sons would be so stupid?

im sure there are other ones who would do it if they had a nerve.

Add SICK too, they doused his face with acid and he had to be IDENTIFIED by dental records OMG

I can't even imagine ��

this reminds me of the low budget version of Dan Markel's case. over custody and moving.

Add SICK too, they doused his face with acid and he had to be IDENTIFIED by dental records OMG

I can't even imagine [emoji35]

It's actually disgusting- it makes me want to choke. What they hypothetically/allegedly did to him... Ugh.

Those poor younger kids.... And it sounds like mom poisoned the older kids against the dad.

Her boyfriend and his family were long time friends of theirs. The boyfriends wife died, and a month later Laura rideout moved out of her marital home and in with Boyfriend. She filed for divorce three months later.

Dad had custody of the younger two kids.

I've been through a lengthy custody battle and divorce but there's nothing that could bring me to hurting another living being for Christs sake. People are insane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep pretty much

Edited to add: my vote would be for "years" (unspecified guess)

Newest update: PJ Tucci (Laura Rideout's boyfriend) was charged today in Penfield town court in connection with the murder for tampering with evidence http://on.rocne.ws/2cxFbuE

I mean honestly these are a few dim bulbs here. Just waltzing into Walmart to buy materials to dispose of a body... Like they wouldn't get caught? Criminals are dumb AF man.

Four charged to be in court today:

http://www.whec.com/news/rideout-case-to-be-back-in-court-mon/4430202/?cat=565

According to county records, Tucci was under heat in 2012 for state tax warrants, which he took care of but narrowly missed jail time. He runs a small business in Fairport, in the old box factory off of 250.

This is one for the books, probably the craziest plot in a suburban crime there in many years. I've lived most of my life there, and recall very few murder plots with this many people involved in it, probably the last time would have been the mafia days, or maybe the Vaccaro slaying in '99, which was related to some organized crime type of activity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back