Would-be Reagan assassin John Hinckley Jr. to go Free

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_JOHN_HINCKLEY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
Jul 27, 10:43 AM EDT
JUDGE: REAGAN SHOOTER CAN LEAVE HOSPITAL TO LIVE IN VIRGINIA
ASSOCIATED PRESS
[…]
Despite the restrictions, life in Williamsburg will likely be busy for Hinckley. The judge ordered him to volunteer or work at a paid job at least three days a week. He has sought out work and volunteer opportunities, but so far has been unable to secure employment. According to court records, he has said it was difficult for him to ask for jobs at Starbucks and Subway while being followed by the Secret Service: "It made me feel awkward and uncomfortable."
According to court records and testimony at a hearing on the issue of his release, he has spent time volunteering at a church as well as a local mental hospital. . .
[…]

Jul 27 2016, 12:13 pm ET

John Hinckley Jr., Who Shot President Reagan, to Be Released After 35 Years

by Erik Ortiz

John Hinckley Jr., the would-be assassin who almost killed President Ronald Reagan, will be freed after 35 years in a mental hospital, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.

The judge granted Hinckley, 61, permission to live full-time in the home of his mother in Williamsburg, Virginia, after finding that his continued treatment at St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Washington, D.C., is "no longer clinically warranted or beneficial." ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ot-president-reagan-be-released-after-n617816

"The judge granted Hinckley, 61, permission to live full-time in the home of his mother in Williamsburg, Virginia, after finding that his continued treatment at St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Washington, D.C., is "no longer clinically warranted or beneficial." ...
I'm thinking they no longer wanted to pay for his stay.

I'm thinking they no longer wanted to pay for his stay.
As I sit here and watch Ronald Reagan and Errol Flynn in "Santa Fe" I am struck by how lucky we Americans are that Hinckley was not successful. He should never get out. <modsnip>

Jul 27 2016, 12:13 pm ET

John Hinckley Jr., Who Shot President Reagan, to Be Released After 35 Years

<snip for space>

The judge granted Hinckley, 61, permission to live full-time in the home of his mother in Williamsburg, Virginia, after finding that his continued treatment at St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Washington, D.C., is "no longer clinically warranted or beneficial." ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ot-president-reagan-be-released-after-n617816

RBBM

Williamsburg isn't "that" far from Washington DC &#128558;&#128558;&#128558;

Watch out Mr President, he might "go crazy"again!!!! &#128563;

jmo &#128046;

Judge: Reagan shooter can leave hospital to live in Va.

Associated Press 9:37 a.m. EDT July 27, 2016

Washington — More than 35 years after he tried to assassinate President Ronald Reagan in an effort to impress actress Jodie Foster, John Hinckley Jr. will be allowed to leave a Washington mental hospital and live full time with his mother in Virginia, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.

Judge Paul Friedman wrote that Hinckley — who currently spends more than half his days at his mother’s home — is ready to live full time in the community. Friedman granted Hinckley leave from the hospital starting no sooner than Aug. 5.

Doctors have said for many years that Hinckley, 61, who was found not guilty by reason of insanity in the shooting, is no longer plagued by the mental illness that drove him to shoot Reagan...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2016/07/27/john-hinckley/87607918/

<snip for space>

Judge Paul Friedman wrote that Hinckley — who currently spends more than half his days at his mother’s home — is ready to live full time in the community. Friedman granted Hinckley leave from the hospital starting no sooner than Aug. 5.

RBBM

Doctors have said for many years that Hinckley, 61, who was found not guilty by reason of insanity in the shooting, is no longer plagued by the mental illness that drove him to shoot Reagan...

Reagan is dead, insanity isn't

Mental illness is serious business in this day and time, I hope the doctors got this one right. &#128533;

jmo &#128046;

By today's standards Hinckley almost certainly would not succeed with an insanity defense. He may suffer from mental illness but he likely knew right from wrong. He's fortunate to be released but I doubt it serves the interest of society.

Don't forget the Jodie Foster factor:

“Hinckley, who shot the president and multiple others when he emptied his revolver outside a Washington D.C. hotel in 1981, had written a letter to Foster the day of the shooting, telling her his actions were for her love.

"By sacrificing my freedom and possibly my life, I hope to change your mind about me," Hinckley wrote, according to reports at the time. "This letter is being written an hour before I leave for the Hilton hotel."

Hinckley continued: "Jodie, I'm asking you to please look into your heart and at least give me the chance with this historical deed to gain your respect and love."

Although Hinckley was set to be freed Wednesday, there are numerous restrictions to his freedom, including having no contact with Foster. Foster, who starred in Martin Scorsese's Taxi Driver, the film which inspired Hinckley to attempt the assassination, had no comment on Hinckley's release.”​

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/flashback-what-john-hinckley-jr-914990

jodi better buy some firearms to protect herself......yeah well brady's wife succesffully lobbied to blame the gun rather then the shooter so cant say im shocked some idiot judge and doctors decided to release him

He has been on the loose for quite awhile visiting his mother. Cheaper to have him out,

I imagine his mother has the means to be vigilant. I bet she has household help

He has been on the loose for quite awhile visiting his mother. Cheaper to have him out,

I imagine his mother has the means to be vigilant. I bet she has household help

His mother is 90 years old. Does anybody actually expect a 90 year old woman to be able to monitor what he is doing?

His mother is 90 years old. Does anybody actually expect a 90 year old woman to be able to monitor what he is doing?

Dr Drew is discussing this at this very moment

85% poll said he should not be released

Dr Drew read letter he wrote to Jodie Foster

Will be monitored when around women

----------

SMH Unreal

jmo &#128046;

I imagine his mother has the means to be vigilant.
I bet she has household help

BBM

His mother is 90 years old. I doubt she's able to vigilant.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BBM

His mother is 90 years old. I doubt she's able to vigilant.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

He has gone there to the house many times. There have to be people there to help her as she is wealthy. But what will happen when she dies? That is the question to me.

For the many years he has visited his mom in Williiamsburg, it sounds like the Secret Service has been with him. He is smart enough to know to be on the good boy behavior.

Is he still going to have the Secret Service with him? I doubt it!

Just how much attention is his 90 year old mother going to give him? Some 90 year olds are very active and healthy. However, it is almost guaranteed that she will go to bed early in the evenings. A lot of time for him to be alone.

The damage he did to Brady was significant and about as life changing as could be done and still live. For this shooting alone, he has no business being released from the mental hospital. IMO. Taking into account all the people he injured, why is he ever walking the streets again?

Was this another mockery in our history? A mental hospital for 35 years with many of the last years being allowed out 17 days a month? One of Manson's crew was just denied parole, again. Is this an equal comparison?

Excellent Post!!!!!! 1&2&3
And yes, Manson's crew didn't try to assassinate The President of the USA!!

In all honesty, I thought after being in that institution, I thought he would have been sent to jail (duh)

Shameful

jmo &#128046;

Washington &#8212; More than 35 years after he tried to assassinate President Ronald Reagan in an effort to impress actress Jodie Foster, John Hinckley Jr. will be allowed to leave a Washington mental hospital and live full time with his mother in Virginia, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.

Judge Paul Friedman wrote that Hinckley &#8212; who currently spends more than half his days at his mother&#8217;s home &#8212; is ready to live full time in the community. Friedman granted Hinckley leave from the hospital starting no sooner than Aug. 5.

What they really mean about this part

" no longer plagued by the mental illness that drove him to shoot Reagan...."

is that Hinkley probably has realized he struck out with Jodi but what they dont realize is he may try to impress another actress he picks next.

And there is no telling what evil deed he will choose next time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back