802 users online (105 members and 697 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In heels
    Posts
    27,885

    Unidentified lights reported over the West Coast

    Did any of our West Coast Members observe anything strange?





    ---------

    Residents across California and people as far east as Las Vegas reported seeing strange lights in the sky late Wednesday, according to the Vandenberg Air Force Base on the central coast.

    Base command staff at Vandenberg, Travis Air Force Base and Edwards Air Force Base said there were no military aircraft in the sky that would have caused the lights. The air force bases also said there were no test missile launches Wednesday. Such tests have, in the past, resulted in light patterns that can be seen in across the California coast.

    San Francisco resident Tim Sinclair said the lights appeared to be near the cross at the top of Mt. Davidson Park. Sinclair, who lives near the park, described them as a series of solid lights that appeared to be hovering. When viewed through binoculars, the lights appeared to vibrate, he said.

    http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/10/27/LIGHTS.TMP


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Other End
    Posts
    25,761
    Nope, didn't see any lights.. wish I did, however... I wonder what it was...


    This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In heels
    Posts
    27,885
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperDoll
    Nope, didn't see any lights.. wish I did, however... I wonder what it was...
    Too early for Santa & Rudolph!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Other End
    Posts
    25,761
    The Great Pumpkin maybe ???? (I love Charlie Brown) hehe


    This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,748
    They've clearly arrived to beam Tom Cruise back home. couldn't be sooner!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In heels
    Posts
    27,885
    LOL @ Floh

    Beam me up, Tommy

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    They've clearly arrived to beam Tom Cruise back home. couldn't be sooner!
    AMEN

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,530
    When viewed through binoculars, everything appears to vibrate - unless you are a brain surgeon or something else that lets you hold your hands precisely still.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    They've clearly arrived to beam Tom Cruise back home. couldn't be sooner!

    Oh Floh that is just way funny, I love it.
    Maggie

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    7,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Did any of our West Coast Members observe anything strange?





    ---------

    Residents across California and people as far east as Las Vegas reported seeing strange lights in the sky late Wednesday, according to the Vandenberg Air Force Base on the central coast.

    Base command staff at Vandenberg, Travis Air Force Base and Edwards Air Force Base said there were no military aircraft in the sky that would have caused the lights. The air force bases also said there were no test missile launches Wednesday. Such tests have, in the past, resulted in light patterns that can be seen in across the California coast.

    San Francisco resident Tim Sinclair said the lights appeared to be near the cross at the top of Mt. Davidson Park. Sinclair, who lives near the park, described them as a series of solid lights that appeared to be hovering. When viewed through binoculars, the lights appeared to vibrate, he said.

    http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/10/27/LIGHTS.TMP

    NOw that I read this, I did see something in the sky last night. I was outback with my dog (she had to potty) I saw a light in the sky. I thought something streaked across the sky. Wasn't sure what it was at the time. Thought maybe I was seeing things. But when I read this, it jogged my memory. I was thinking at the time it was a shooting star. But seem to be larger than that, I thought at the time.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In heels
    Posts
    27,885
    Wow lilpony, you had a close encounter of the 1st kind

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpony
    NOw that I read this, I did see something in the sky last night. I was outback with my dog (she had to potty) I saw a light in the sky. I thought something streaked across the sky. Wasn't sure what it was at the time. Thought maybe I was seeing things. But when I read this, it jogged my memory. I was thinking at the time it was a shooting star. But seem to be larger than that, I thought at the time.
    Did you lose time? They probably abducted you and snatched some ovums for their research

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    San Mateo Co, CA
    Posts
    1,539


    Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    They've clearly arrived to beam Tom Cruise back home. couldn't be sooner!
    Don't we wish?!!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    7,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Wow lilpony, you had a close encounter of the 1st kind
    why didn't I get beamed up.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In heels
    Posts
    27,885
    Coz thats the the 3rd kind silly!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 12:37 AM
  2. Streaking lights, explosions reported all along coast
    By lizzybeth in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 05:15 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 04:06 AM