1016 users online (227 members and 789 guests)  

Websleuths News

Wedding ring didn't go to waste

Tom Dick thought his wedding ring had gone to waste when he flushed it down the toilet 20 months ago.

Instead, two Stark County workers returned the ring to Dick and his wife Carolyn on Saturday after uncovering it while cleaning sewer lines near the Dicks' home.

Carolyn Dick says the story is unbelievable.

Bill Wright and Mark Martinet say they were cleaning the lines on Friday when they spotted a glimmer at the bottom of the manhole. They discovered a wedding ring with Carolyn's name and the anniversary date of September 25th, 1971, inscribed on it.

A postal worker helped the men find the Dicks' home.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Ahhhh... I so love happy endings!

Thanks for that link. I enjoyed this!

Central Texas
    Well I guess that's a marriage that's supposed to be! What a great story. Gave me goosebumps!

Baltimore, MD
    Wow...that's the same day my parents got married. That was really nice of those guys to return it.

Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond