Canada - ‘Balaclava Rapist’ Larry Takahashi released in Vancouver, July 2016

dotr

Reaction score
http://globalnews.ca/news/2849410/c...onto&utm_medium=MostPopular&utm_campaign=2014
Concerns tonight that one of Canada's worst convicted rapists has been released from prison with no public warning

Larry Takahashi, one of Canada’s most notorious rapists, has been granted day parole in the Vancouver area.

Takahashi, dubbed the ‘Balaclava Rapist’, was known for breaking into homes and sexually assaulting women while wearing a ski mask. Edmonton Police said at the time that it was likely he assaulted over 100 women before being arrested in 1983.

In 1984, he faced 70 charges involving 22 women but was only convicted of 14 charges, including four counts of rape, sexual assault with a weapon, and six counts of disguise with intent.

He was given three life sentences.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/loc...released+parole+vancouver/12084898/story.html
rbbm

12084899.jpg
Larry Takahashi
Takahashi was given the nickname after he was arrested for a rash of sexual assaults on women in the late 1970s and early 1980s in Edmonton. During the attacks, Takahashi wore a ski mask to conceal his identity while breaking into women’s apartments during the night. A fingerprint discovered on an unscrewed light bulb at one attack scene eventually led to his arrest.

The serial rapist has admitted attacking up to 30 women — though investigators have said the number could be much higher — and in 1983, was charged with 70 sex offences against 23 victims.

Takahashi pleaded guilty to 14 charges, including three counts of rape, six counts of disguise with intent, two counts of aggravated sexual assault and one count each of forcible confinement and sexual assault with a weapon.

According to parole documents obtained by Global News and shared with Postmedia, Takahashi’s tendencies began with peeking into women’s residences and masturbating from outside. Things later escalated and Takahashi began breaking into homes and was found to have used sharp objects and weapons to threaten his victims. In one instance, he threatened the child of a victim during the attack and in another, sexually assaulted a woman while her family slept in the next room.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/08/...ry-takahashi-turned-the-table-on-her-attacker
Snippets from lengthy article.
rbbm.

1297459250203_ORIGINAL.jpg
Balaclava rapist Larry Takahashi. (Edmonton Sun file)

August 26, 2013
She was crucial in ending balaclava rapist Larry Takahashi’s reign of terror more than 30 years ago.

And as a sexual assault ‘survivor,’ she was also able to hear the notorious sex fiend say to her from across a prison table: “You made me lose sleep.”

Today, Erica Hammermeister is a proud 53-year-old grandmother doing whatever she can to ensure the man who attacked her — and dozens of other city women from 1979 to 1983 — remains on the public radar.

“I always told myself from the day he was sentenced I would do whatever it takes to try keep him behind bars.” said Hammermeister, returning to the Oliver-area apartment where she was attacked on March 6, 1983. “That is why I am here. I hope this makes a difference.”

Takahashi jumped Hammermeister, then 23 and pregnant with twins, in the freight elevator as she returned home about 1 a.m. He dragged her at knifepoint to a small utility room where he sexually attacked her while hitting her on the head with his fists.
Hammermeister, who told cops “he looked like Bruce Lee,” provided a description for a sketch which lead to a veteran city detective recognizing Takahashi from an earlier bust for running naked around the University of Alberta campus.
In 1984, Takahashi received three life sentences plus 73 years for sexually assaulting seven city women. He later admitted to more than 30 attacks, but police believe he could be responsible for more than 100 assaults.

Hammermeister miscarried her twins shortly after the attack, turning her into “a functioning alcoholic with enormous anger issues.”

“Larry is a very very intelligent man. A master manipulator,” said Hammermeister, who is simply relieved he remains in custody.

“He should be in jail forever. After all they did give him three life sentences
.”

Having been given three life sentences plus 73 years, how in the world did this guy get out??

No wonder crime has escalated to the point it has, criminals have no fear of the justice system. I realize this was in Canada where the laws are different.

Having been given three life sentences plus 73 years, how in the world did this guy get out??

No wonder crime has escalated to the point it has, criminals have no fear of the justice system. I realize this was in Canada where the laws are different.

bbm Too different for me. jmo

Good day everyone.

This is NOT an unsolved crime, more like a public service announcement. I don't know how many of our readers and members live in Canada, but I felt it was important to make you all aware of this person.

If this is in the wrong forum or does not follow the rules of this forum, mods, please help me to delete it.

Larry Takahashi is a Canadian who was convicted of many rapes in Western Canada in the late 70's and early 80's. Although he was sentenced to 98 years in prison, he has recently been paroled. He is living in the Vancouver area.

"The VPD*says he poses a "risk of significant harm to the safety of teenage and adult females in the City of Vancouver."

Link: http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/...akahashi-balaclava-rapist-vancouver-1.3722397

Eveyone please be safe. I dont know if he will reoffend or not, but it's important for those in Vancouver to note that there is a very dangerous person living in your area.

That's scary. He looks like a normal guy. Hopefully he is caught violating his parole (NOT reoffending) and is placed back in custody.

What in the ever loving *advertiser censored**??? I've always thought Canada's criminal punishment system was weak, but this is a complete travesty. "The VPD* says he poses a "risk of significant harm to the safety of teenage and adult females in the City of Vancouver." They also state he is a "moderate-to-high risk to reoffend again". If he is that much of a threat, WHY ARE THEY RELEASING HIM??? This guy deserves no chance. He needs to be locked up and the key thrown away forever. He was given 3 concurrent life sentences in 1984. Life should mean LIFE.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/...mmermeister-balaclava-rapist-parole-1.3702117

According to this article from 8/16, "[FONT=&amp]The parole board has ruled Takahashi no longer poses an "undue risk" while subject to day parole conditions." REALLY!?! Are they insane?? There are 11 conditions to his day parole. If someone has to follow that many conditions, he does not deserve to be in the free world. This guy is a complete piece of garbage and waste of oxygen. [/FONT]

Agreed. Even fellow inmates believe that he's playing the system. I beleive that is the scariest thing i've heard about him. If criminals believe youre not reformed, you probably arent.

He got 98 years, and he should serve every one of them.

[video=youtube;1nMDRwBNN4I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nMDRwBNN4I[/video]

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Crime/2017/02/13/22703976.html
Feb 13 2017
[h=2]Balaclava rapist's day parole extended but tightly restricted[/h]
His “highly structured release plan” has a long list of restrictions, including reporting any sexual or non-sexual relationships with women to his parole supervisor and being prohibited from travelling in vehicles with women other than a bus or SkyTrain. The SkyTrain is the rapid transit route connecting the Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster and Surrey.

Takahashi’s other parole conditions include staying away from college or university residential areas without prior permission, not to having access to *advertiser censored* or sexually explicit material, and abstaining from non-prescribed drugs or alcohol.
The parole board decision says overnight parole privileges were considered but were not authorized because of Takahashi’s history of failing to adhere to parole requirements in 2005 and his moderate to high risk to reoffend.
The board says he needs “to establish a longer period of compliance and stability” before overnight privileges can be allowed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back