VA VIRGINIA police officer denied service at restaurant

GeeEm

Reaction score
July 28, 2016

Virginia police officer denied service at restaurant

A Virginia police officer was refused service at a restaurant Monday because one of the cooks refused to serve her while she was in uniform.

Authorities said the uniformed Alexandria police officer was standing in line at Noodles & Company when the cook came out from the back and told the cashier, “You better pull me off the line, because I'm not serving that,” according to Fox 5 DC.

The department said the cashier and the cook started to laugh and the officer left the restaurant. Police Chief Earl Cook was upset and spoke to management at the restaurant Tuesday. The restaurant said it would conduct an investigation into the incident.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/28/virginia-police-officer-denied-service-at-restaurant.html

From the looks on their fb page it is looking like their next quarter earning will be a bit low. jmo

From the looks on their fb page it is looking like their next quarter earning will be a bit low. jmo

Noodles & Company??

Should be
You aren't suppose to NOT serve people their food

jmo 🐮

We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.

http://patch.com/virginia/oldtownalexandria/cook-refuses-serve-police-officer-alexandria-report

If we are able to determine a team member acted in this manner, they will be terminated immediately.

GOOD!!!

O/T

Ewwww 😝

Did you catch this??? It was a headline article in the middle of the one you posted! 😮😮😮

Dunkin' Donuts Employee Fired After Allegedly Spraying Cleaning Solution on Doughnuts

http://patch.com/virginia/vienna/s/...gedly-spraying-cleaning-solution-on-doughnuts

Thanks

I've become automatically suspicious of most "so-and-so was denied service because of X" until all of the details come out because of the sheer number of hoaxes there has been (e.g. the girl kicked out of KFC, innumerable fake "veteran denied service" stories, etc.)

This is the biggest problem LE has in the US?

N&C have deleted the over 400 post to their FB page. :)

2 Noodles & Co. employees fired after refusing to serve cop

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/ale...s-fired-after-refusing-to-serve-cop/283419232

“Discrimination of any kind is never tolerated at Noodles & Company. After completing a thorough investigation into the allegations brought to us by a police officer who visited our Alexandria, VA location, we have concluded the two team members in question acted inappropriately and we immediately terminated their employment

:)

N & C is also posting a sign that Blue Lives Matter. Not sure if that is in the above articles.

A TX McDonald's employee lost his job after refusing to serve an off duty LEO that was there with his family. Also, a Genghis Grill employee lost their job.
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/stat...ice-officer-refused-service-at-mcdonald-s.ece

A report that a Zaxby's in NC taunted and served unfit to eat food to deputies.
http://www.shelbystar.com/news/2016...-taunted-served-unfit-to-eat-food-to-deputies

Indirectly, N&C can possibly spur the lead to a higher minimum wage. N&C should make an effort to not replace these 2 terminated employees with like minded employees. Will cost N&C a higher wage to hire a better non-discriminating employee, but it will ensure a respecting public continues to support N&C and other responsible and managed businesses. Also allows the 2 terminated employees a more difficult time finding new job. I bet N&C finds a discerning public watchful of N&C replacing 2 fired employees with 2 like minded employees. N&C has the opportunity to go either way on this. Should be interesting to monitor from the sidelines. I am not a man in blue, but I hope people of blue get to witness food preparation from start to finish as they choose where to eat.

Maybe LE could pack their own lunches from home until the relationship with the public improves to the point where there is no issue with buying food at any outlet. I mean this a new issue with LE - LE had no role here? Jmo.

This is the biggest problem LE has in the US?

Wow, who said that? I think their biggest problem is being ambushed and massacred by kooks with an agenda while they are protecting and serving the public. Did someone from the police department actually say that this was their "biggest problem?" Are they only allowed to have one problem? If so, they would probably choose this one over being assassinated.

Most LE yes had zero role in whatever it is motivating people to refuse them service...so hey continue to get your butt fired for refusing to do your job...

Most LE yes had zero role in whatever it is motivating people to refuse them service...so hey continue to get your butt fired for refusing to do your job...

Hopefully they will be sure to ask future potential employers whether they have to serve people they no likey :tantrum:, so they can find a job that better suits their goals and interests. Perhaps they should do a google search on job descriptions including "bullying" and "public humiliation of clientele." The Baltimore SA's office may have an opening soon....

I've become automatically suspicious of most "so-and-so was denied service because of X" until all of the details come out because of the sheer number of hoaxes there has been (e.g. the girl kicked out of KFC, innumerable fake "veteran denied service" stories, etc.)

Same here. I've seen too many of them turn out to be fake or misunderstandings, or straight up classic urban legends. I'm sure it happens and I think it's wrong if someone is denied service simply for being a police officer, or gay, or Muslim, women who are breastfeeding, etc., but it's difficult to know which stories* are legitimate with the limited information we usually get at first.

I've been hearing way more stories about people paying for officers' meals than officers being denied service so that's what I choose to focus on. Some people are crappy employees but most people are good.

*The few legit cases I've read about end with one or two employees being immediately fired, although I remember one particular anti-breastfeeding restaurant owner and that was a fantastic blow up all over the internet. (Then of course there are the wedding cake people, but that's getting wildly OT so I'll stop. :))

I did go back and they are still there,over 500 now, they were pretty much post saying they would not be back.

That's one of the things that sucks about these incidents. One or two idiot employees royally screw up and everyone decides to boycott the place. So much drama. It's not like it was restaurant policy to refuse service to members of law enforcement and the servers who did were fired. What good does it do to hurt the restaurant's business? What about the owners and other employees who depend on the place for their own incomes?

Wow, who said that? I think their biggest problem is being ambushed and massacred by kooks with an agenda while they are protecting and serving the public. Did someone from the police department actually say that this was their "biggest problem?" Are they only allowed to have one problem? If so, they would probably choose this one over being assassinated.

Um, seems you did not get the post. Being ambushed is the biggest problem LE has at this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back