1252 users online (266 members and 986 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,485

    PA - Ed, 30, & Stephanie Hunsberger, 24, King of Prussia, 25 Feb 1978

    Quote Originally Posted by Alleykins View Post
    The Reinert case is just plain sad, that poor woman and her children.
    It is almost never mentioned anywhere, but Jay Smith (Upper Marion HS Principal and co-conspirator in the Reinert murder and disappearances) had a daughter and son-in-law who are also missing.

    Edward Hale Hunsberger and Stephanie Smith-Hunsberger disappeared in the late 1970's. They aren't listed in NamUs or any other missing persons sites.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 07-27-2016 at 09:47 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,374
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    It is almost never mentioned anywhere, but Jay Smith (Upper Marion HS Principal and co-conspirator in the Reinert murder and disappearances) had a daughter and son-in-law who are also missing.
    Edward Hale Hunsberger and Stephanie Smith-Hunsberger disappeared in the late 1970's. They aren't listed in NamUs or any other missing persons sites.
    This just boggles my mind. So, possibly, their remains could be out there as John and Jane Does, like the couple I was just commenting on from 1978 (the ones with the KIM and JH tattoos that were found in AR and MO). Carl, do you know why no one has put them in any databases?
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 07-27-2016 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Corrected HS name in quote
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    san jose, ca
    Posts
    4,314
    interesting......


    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    It is almost never mentioned anywhere, but Jay Smith (Upper Marion HS Principal and co-conspirator in the Reinert murder and disappearances) had a daughter and son-in-law who are also missing.

    Edward Hale Hunsberger and Stephanie Smith-Hunsberger disappeared in the late 1970's. They aren't listed in NamUs or any other missing persons sites.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 07-27-2016 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Corrected HS Name in Quote

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    It is almost never mentioned anywhere, but Jay Smith (Upper Marion HS Principal and co-conspirator in the Reinert murder and disappearances) had a daughter and son-in-law who are also missing.

    Edward Hale Hunsberger and Stephanie Smith-Hunsberger disappeared in the late 1970's. They aren't listed in NamUs or any other missing persons sites.
    I have a folder on them in my missing-people-missing-from-databases folder. Here are Stephanie Hunsberger's High School photos from 1971 and 1972.



    Carl, were you ever able to find a photo of Edward Hunsberger?

    Before I found her picture I'd considered Stephanie as a match for this Doe: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/20ufnj.html, but she doesn't look too much like the rendering.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 07-27-2016 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Explanation why I have HS photos :-)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,374
    Here's an old People magazine article from 1979 that says they went missing in Feb. 1978 but saw no pictures of them.
    http://www.people.com/people/archive...075088,00.html
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleykins View Post
    Here's an old People magazine article from 1979 that says they went missing in Feb. 1978 but saw no pictures of them.
    http://www.people.com/people/archive...075088,00.html
    This is the first article I read about the Hunsbergers' disappearance. It's heavily implied that Stephanie was a recovering heroin addict.

    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,374
    Yes. Almost every article I've read about them mentioned recovering from addiction.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Onfortuneswheel View Post

    Carl, were you ever able to find a photo of Edward Hunsberger?
    No, I found his brother's Facebook page, but no photos of him.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Onfortuneswheel View Post

    Carl, were you ever able to find a photo of Edward Hunsberger?
    I found an 11th grade photo of Ed Hunsberger from the 1965 North Penn HS (Lansdale PA) yearbook.



    Ed Hunsberger North Penn HS 1965 Junior.jpg

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    san jose, ca
    Posts
    4,314
    I think she looks a bit like the last one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Onfortuneswheel View Post
    I have a folder on them in my missing-people-missing-from-databases folder. Here are Stephanie Hunsberger's High School photos from 1971 and 1972.



    Carl, were you ever able to find a photo of Edward Hunsberger?

    Before I found her picture I'd considered Stephanie as a match for this Doe: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/20ufnj.html, but she doesn't look too much like the rendering.


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I found an 11th grade photo of Ed Hunsberger from the 1965 North Penn HS (Lansdale PA) yearbook.
    Lansdale is 10 minutes from North Wales! I found an Edward Hunsberger in the 1967 Northeast Missouri State yearbook and he's listed as being from North Wales, PA. I'd questioned whether it was the one that married Stephanie. Would appear more likely that it is him.

    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,485
    His father (Byron Hunsberger) died in Northwales in 1992, so that is likely the same Edward.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,234
    Northeast Missouri State is in Kirksville, Missouri & became Truman State University a few years ago.

    There is also an osteopathic medical college in Kirksville.

    Kirksville is not a very big town. Wonder why he picked that college?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,374
    Whoa. New thread! Thanks, Carl for starting this.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,867
    I'm glad there's a thread on them now. I've always wondered what happened to them. Where I used to work one of the men went to school with Stephanie and my ex-hubby always believed there was a cult or a coven in the area, but I think he was referring to the teachers. Whatever the case, someone was good at disappearing people.
    "In a time of universal deceit -- telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Safe PA - Ahsir Simmons, 7 wks, King of Prussia Mall, 31 March 2016 *Arrest*
    By fhc in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 06-07-2016, 05:41 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-29-2015, 11:47 PM
  3. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-16-2014, 02:04 AM
  4. PA - Family fears killer's release after '85 Carol Hunsberger murder
    By mysteriew in forum Past Trial Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2005, 10:17 PM

Tags for this Thread