1014 users online (172 members and 842 guests)  

Websleuths News

Suicide mistaken for Halloween decoration

People thought a woman that hung herself was just a holiday prank

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051027/...f_woman_hanged
    Last edited by dancingdaisy; 10-27-2005 at 09:36 PM. Reason: add link
    Caylee Marie Anthony 2005-2008
    Ethan Stacy 2005-2010
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I was just about to post this story!! good job daisy

Freaky, how awful

Guess that would be one way to try to draw attention to yourself
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    Guess that would be one way to try to draw attention to yourself
    Sadly, apparently not.

I have a very good friend whose son committed suicide by hanging over 20 years ago just before Halloween. Since then, she has a strong aversion to hanging dummies on Halloween.
    It's caused me to stop and wonder if the hanging dummies are providing a visual stimulus to depressed teens.

What a horrible story. I find as I get older that Halloween's darker side just doesn't appeal to me anymore...too many associations with real life tragedies.

We had the opposite thing happen to us recently. My cousin and I were on our way to our grandfather's funeral and saw the neighbor's window covered with police tape and a "person" sprawled in a chair in the front yard. It scared us for a moment, especially in our emotional state, before we realized it was a Halloween decoration.

I miss the days when the scarier and gorier the better on Halloween, but now those things just turn me off.

How sad. Every day I have to drive by a house that hangs a dummy boy from a tree this time of year, and I've hated it from the first year he put it up. His house is for sale, and I sure hope the new owners don't continue his disgusting tradition.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

Quote Originally Posted by SieSie
    How sad. Every day I have to drive by a house that hangs a dummy boy from a tree this time of year, and I've hated it from the first year he put it up. His house is for sale, and I sure hope the new owners don't continue his disgusting tradition.
    UGH! Does he think this is going to attract a buyer? I don't think that would improve the curb appeal. His realtor needs to have a heart to heart with him.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom
    UGH! Does he think this is going to attract a buyer? I don't think that would improve the curb appeal. His realtor needs to have a heart to heart with him.
    Actually, he's selling it himself and this is the first year I haven't seen it. He normally would've had it up by now.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*