Suicide mistaken for Halloween decoration

I was just about to post this story!! good job daisy :)

Freaky, how awful :bang:

Guess that would be one way to try to draw attention to yourself :eek:

I have a very good friend whose son committed suicide by hanging over 20 years ago just before Halloween. Since then, she has a strong aversion to hanging dummies on Halloween.
It's caused me to stop and wonder if the hanging dummies are providing a visual stimulus to depressed teens.

What a horrible story. I find as I get older that Halloween's darker side just doesn't appeal to me anymore...too many associations with real life tragedies.

We had the opposite thing happen to us recently. My cousin and I were on our way to our grandfather's funeral and saw the neighbor's window covered with police tape and a "person" sprawled in a chair in the front yard. It scared us for a moment, especially in our emotional state, before we realized it was a Halloween decoration.

I miss the days when the scarier and gorier the better on Halloween, but now those things just turn me off.

How sad. Every day I have to drive by a house that hangs a dummy boy from a tree this time of year, and I've hated it from the first year he put it up. His house is for sale, and I sure hope the new owners don't continue his disgusting tradition.

SieSie said:
How sad. Every day I have to drive by a house that hangs a dummy boy from a tree this time of year, and I've hated it from the first year he put it up. His house is for sale, and I sure hope the new owners don't continue his disgusting tradition.

UGH! Does he think this is going to attract a buyer? I don't think that would improve the curb appeal. His realtor needs to have a heart to heart with him.

angelmom said:
UGH! Does he think this is going to attract a buyer? I don't think that would improve the curb appeal. His realtor needs to have a heart to heart with him.
Actually, he's selling it himself and this is the first year I haven't seen it. He normally would've had it up by now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back