TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

This case is being investigated by the Social Security Administration Office of the Inspector General. The decedent committed suicide in 2010, and it was subsequently learned that she had been living under an assumed identity. Her true identity is unknown. The image in NamUs is an actual photograph of the decedent taken in 1990.

Brown hair, hazel eyes,
Estimated age Adult - Pre 50
Minimum age 41 years
Maximum age 50 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Weight (pounds) 160, Estimated
Height (inches) 70, Estimated
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9863

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

2012-2013 Discussion Thread
Timeline and Media Thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Photos Only *NO DISCUSSION*

Possible matches for UID Longview, TX woman

Unidentified and Unclaimed Forum Suggestions & Guidelines **REQUIRED READING**

Forum Index of all other "Lori Ruff" threads: Mysterious woman from Longview, Texas

Is anyone else having trouble 'replying with quote' to others' posts? This reply is meant for LeTour in response to the JW theory:
I think that this has been discussed a lot previously, including on the JW thread here on websleuths. She was on a 'to be submitted list' years ago but I can't see evidence that anyone ever did that.

I think you should submit it, if only to rule it out once and for all. You can try going via Namus but I never had any response from the contact on FLEK's Namus page. I have had more luck getting at least a confirmation email by contact Lt Kirk Haddix who is the detective assigned to the case for the Gregg County Sheriff. If you google him his contact details come up.

FWIW I think that the two women look very alike and the timings are perfect - along with the AZ connection. I also think the fact that JW's sister is reportedly still alive but has never actively campaigned to find her makes it seem like she knows that JW is not dead, and knows she left of her own free will (so very well could be a FLEK-type scenario). I am not sure that they look alike enough to be the same person though - I feel like when we finally see a pic of FLEK in her pre BST days there will be NO doubt at all that it's her.

You asked previously whether the info in your original post would be enough to submit - I would say yes as a starting point but I'd also suggest adding a side by side pic or two of FLEK and JW. There's nothing to be lost by trying.

Here's a thought. A few pages ago we discussed a BST from Texas with money on the missing money site , being held by the State of Texas. The source of the money was the State of Idaho. This BST, as gardener pointed out, is alive and well and married and is now BSW. The last known address for the missing money had the married name in the owner history for this house. It was assumed the money is for the current BSW and is a red herring. What if FLEK found a BST in the phonebook or knew this BST of Texas and gathered documents using that texas address to convince the court, she was BST of Texas. Maybe she even stole mail to take to court like electric bills, to help establish residency in texas. Perhaps one of the documents she faked was in Idaho and whatever entity that owes FLEK money, less than $200 btw, was given the Texas BST address as her forwarding address. Perhaps FLEK never thought anything would ever be sent there, but she was building her fake residency. Then some credit balance somewhere was generated and they mailed it to BST in Texas and she said thats not me. So Idaho sent it to Texas abandoned property but still included the last known address. This money was reported to Texas in 2008. 20 years after the name change, so that is a stretch. But it might explain how she convinced that judge she was a resident of Texas instead of BST who just recently appeared in Boise. I think the Idaho ID was for some temporary purpose, not to prove anything in her name change case.

Is anyone else having trouble 'replying with quote' to others' posts? This reply is meant for LeTour in response to the JW theory:
I think that this has been discussed a lot previously, including on the JW thread here on websleuths. She was on a 'to be submitted list' years ago but I can't see evidence that anyone ever did that.

I think you should submit it, if only to rule it out once and for all. You can try going via Namus but I never had any response from the contact on FLEK's Namus page. I have had more luck getting at least a confirmation email by contact Lt Kirk Haddix who is the detective assigned to the case for the Gregg County Sheriff. If you google him his contact details come up.

FWIW I think that the two women look very alike and the timings are perfect - along with the AZ connection. I also think the fact that JW's sister is reportedly still alive but has never actively campaigned to find her makes it seem like she knows that JW is not dead, and knows she left of her own free will (so very well could be a FLEK-type scenario). I am not sure that they look alike enough to be the same person though - I feel like when we finally see a pic of FLEK in her pre BST days there will be NO doubt at all that it's her.

You asked previously whether the info in your original post would be enough to submit - I would say yes as a starting point but I'd also suggest adding a side by side pic or two of FLEK and JW. There's nothing to be lost by trying.

Yes, unable to "reply with quote" from thread 4, if 1&2&3 can repost in this thread it would be appreciated, photo and thoughts are interesting, does webslueths have someone with plastic surgery knowledge on board?

I know there's been a lot of talk about why FLEK would pretend to be so much younger. (Honestly, when I was teen I just wanted to get to 21, now as a 30-yo. I am totally content with not reliving my 20s.)

I ran across this article that may give some insight. (Oddly, the woman was also in Longview.)

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katiejmbak...-for-20-year?utm_term=.kuWga1APEv#.iwYyR2XP0L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a thought. A few pages ago we discussed a BST from Texas with money on the missing money site , being held by the State of Texas. The source of the money was the State of Idaho. This BST, as gardener pointed out, is alive and well and married and is now BSW. The last known address for the missing money had the married name in the owner history for this house. It was assumed the money is for the current BSW and is a red herring. What if FLEK found a BST in the phonebook or knew this BST of Texas and gathered documents using that texas address to convince the court, she was BST of Texas. Maybe she even stole mail to take to court like electric bills, to help establish residency in texas. Perhaps one of the documents she faked was in Idaho and whatever entity that owes FLEK money, less than $200 btw, was given the Texas BST address as her forwarding address. Perhaps FLEK never thought anything would ever be sent there, but she was building her fake residency. Then some credit balance somewhere was generated and they mailed it to BST in Texas and she said thats not me. So Idaho sent it to Texas abandoned property but still included the last known address. This money was reported to Texas in 2008. 20 years after the name change, so that is a stretch. But it might explain how she convinced that judge she was a resident of Texas instead of BST who just recently appeared in Boise. I think the Idaho ID was for some temporary purpose, not to prove anything in her name change case.

Some good thoughts except for a small hitch. The real BST from Texas was only BST by marriage. W was her maiden name and her legal name was Rebecca, not Becky. So, RSW would be on her BC and her official bills and mail post-marriage would mostly be RST, not BST. She was listed as B in a few the public records but I have her listing in the Texas birth index. Unless she officially changed her first name when she married it's highly likely her legal name is still R and not B...This little detail, however, does throw the whole "money from Idaho in the name of BST" in to question. Why wasn't the found money in her legal name of R if it came from a job or a bank? Also, I never found evidence BST from Texas ever lived in Idaho, but if she moved there recently then her Idaho address history from 2008 and after may not be in public records online. It's a good thought though that FLEK could have used records of a real life person with the same name to make her claims appear legit. I think she could have done that with the name Lori Kennedy too. One way to verify this claim would be for someone to get FLEK's entire name change request file. I've been very curious what she put as her reason for the name change and how she established her Dallas residency. Does anyone here know how to request the name change documents?

I suppose the only way to see the entire name change request file would be for someone in Dallas to go see the file.

Now that would mean that name changes in Texas are public record, which I wasn't able to verify when googling. Also, it would mean that her file was accessible and that Velling didn't take the original. I'm not sure how that works though? Would he take the original file or just make copies of the documents?

I suppose the only way to see the entire name change request file would be for someone in Dallas to go see the file.

Now that would mean that name changes in Texas are public record, which I wasn't able to verify when googling. Also, it would mean that her file was accessible and that Velling didn't take the original. I'm not sure how that works though? Would he take the original file or just make copies of the documents?

We have a picture of one page of the file but no more was released. IIRC, that record was found in FLEK's lockbox. It's possible Velling checked to see if it was a real document but never bothered requesting another copy of the file from Texas. I suggest we try both avenues--getting a copy of the file from Texas AND filing an FOI to whoever is now in charge of FLEK's case to get a copy of the full document found in the lockbox. I know nothing of how to go about these processes however.

Ok...WSer's....Tell me why this is NOT FLEK..
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 6c8359d274b8dc7ed5b7dc210ac870a3fc9f1c2.jpg
    6c8359d274b8dc7ed5b7dc210ac870a3fc9f1c2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,258
  • img_18817.jpeg
    img_18817.jpeg
    26 KB · Views: 1,239
  • Capture-FLEK or No.PNG
    Capture-FLEK or No.PNG
    435.3 KB · Views: 1,288
  • 2021230774_zps677ddab9-scars.jpg
    2021230774_zps677ddab9-scars.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,269
  • 2021230766_zps9a487bf6.jpg
    2021230766_zps9a487bf6.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,271
More Pic's to compare....
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 6c8359d274b8dc7ed5b7dc210ac870a3fc9f1c2.jpg
    6c8359d274b8dc7ed5b7dc210ac870a3fc9f1c2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,328
  • img_18817.jpeg
    img_18817.jpeg
    26 KB · Views: 1,295
  • 2021230774_zps677ddab9.jpg
    2021230774_zps677ddab9.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,332
  • UP9863.jpg
    UP9863.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,324
Who is that BCA? Is it Kimberly R Doss?

OH, by the way the freckles all line up with FLEK~~~except FLEK has a few more. :)

Mother is now deceased, not sure about dad.

Question, not related to any recent posts: Can anyone tell me how long (dates) FLEK lived at her first apartment--6266 Melody Lane Apt 3079 in Dallas?
She used this address twice in 1990 (GED and Passport app).

I found someone interesting who lived in that exact Melody Lane apartment in 1993. But then I have that FLEK was at 3901 Oakridge Ct. Apt. 3815, Fort Worth, TX in 1993--Don't recall where I found the 1993 date. I'm trying to nail down her movements a bit more. Finding someone who lived where she lived the same year would be be gold at this point.

OH, by the way the freckles all line up with FLEK~~~except FLEK has a few more. :)

Mother is now deceased, not sure about dad.

I can't really see FLEK's freckles. I think Kim's teeth, eyes and general face shape are right but her hair seems to be a different texture than FLEK's--Kim's looks baby fine and straight; Flek's look slightly curly and thicker. Although hair can get darker with age or be dyed darker it doesn't easily change texture. Kim's nose looks too different (I know the nose job theories). This comparison just tells me how poor of quality photos we have of FLEK--they are almost all tiny ID photos and really old. Kim's photos are older but better resolution.

ETA: The longer I look at the pictures though the more I think you should submit it as a possible match. She went missing in 1979, correct? What would be your theory as to what Kim was doing for 9 years before becoming FLEK?

TO answer Gardner's question, yes it is Kimberly R Doss who went missing in 1979 from Jacksonville, FL. Not to be confused with the Kimberly S Doss who went missing in 1982 from Iowa. KRD's mother passed away in 2008 and lived in Houston and I'm having trouble locating who her father was. She was visiting relatives in Florida when she disappeared. KRD's mother grew up in FL and I believe her family is from there. KRD's height was listed as 5.4" or 5.5" and Green or Hazel Eyes (some called them blue) I will try to post a few pic's showing where the freckles line up~~but you are correct Gardner~~their resolution stinks~~KRD's is much better.

KRD's mom remarried. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=129469851

Ok~~hopefully this will show comparison of freckles...of course, I didn't do all of them...I'd be here until at least next week Sunday..LOL

I have freckles too...LOL...I try to hid them as much as possible with makeup~~that's why they appear in some FLEK pictures and not others...

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture-Freckles.jpg
    Capture-Freckles.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 381
  • FLEK Freckles.jpg
    FLEK Freckles.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 376
Wow, the freckles do seem to line up! Are you going to submit this to Namus?

That crease on the left side of her mouth and the strange bump FLEK has on her forehead seem the same too, IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10