1122 users online (180 members and 942 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 157 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    Ok~~yes that is what I was thinking...Did Joyce B live in that Apt No.? See what you can dig up!!
    Yes, that exact apt but I don't know what year she lived there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Hmm..IDK those scars are hard to see in FLEK's pictures. The middle one seems the clearest. Weather you stumbled upon her by accident, or not, I think you should submit Kimberly Rae Doss with a summary of all the similarities. I'm still not sure though about her being missing for 8-9 years and then popping back up as FLEK--and in Texas where her mother happened to be living. Do we think the mother's story about her being taken by a motorcycle gang has merit? Or I wonder if her mother (or someone else) helped her escape/kept her hidden for 9 years and gave the motorcycle gang theory to keep whoever wanted to harm her from looking? Then by 1988 they found a way to give her a new identity and let her live her life. All just ideas at this point. I need to look into KRD's story a bit more.

ETA: I've got to tear myself away from the computer now for some family time but I'll be back. You've peaked my interest.
    I haven't thought much about the mother's story....can you locate the father? Mother was remarried, IIRC. Can we confirm whether or not the father is alive?

I have to tear myself away too~~I haven't got much done this weekend. Enjoy your family time!

One last picture...Age progression and FLEK's side by side.....Could this just all fit in with the Jackson on the note~~could she have been writing Jackson...ville as in Jacksonville, FL?

Attached Images Attached Images

CoverMeCagney asked that in the last thread:
    Hi all, just wondering what the upshot was with the professor dude who reckoned DNA had been matched?

I recall he was working on the Somerton Man case - but I can't find it anywhere, what happened to that thread?!

When it was clear that the DNA match had nothing to do with this case, our interest in it sort of just died. (IIRC, it was discussed toward s the end of the "TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3 thread. Look there for further details) I had a look at the Wikipedia article on the Somerton Man, & there's nothing about it in the most recent version, so I'm guessing nothing came of it. (Some may believe that Wikipedia is unreliable, but for matters like the mystery around the Somerton Man IMHO if there were some new development in the case it would be included. It is one of those matters that attracts nerds who work on updating Wikipedia.)

It'd be nice if we could quote from closed threads to reply to them in active ones. (And I'm not sure where to post requests for feature improvements, let alone know if such requests can be acted upon.) Until that feature has been added to the Websleuths website engine, you work around this limitation by cut-n-pasting the text, high-lighting it, then click on the "Wrap QUOTE tags around the selected text" button . It doesn't produce the entire result one would want, but it's better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by llywrch View Post
    It'd be nice if we could quote from closed threads to reply to them in active ones.
    <rsbm>

Go to the post you wish to quote in the old thread, click "Reply With Quote", then with your cursor within that post, right-click for "Select All", then right-click for "Copy". Then in your post in the current thread, right-click and select "Paste"and proceed as usual.

Oh...can I add the Cuban Food link...

Joyce is a direct descendant of Senor Jose A. Escalante, who was a pioneer cigar manufacturer, founding the "La Corina" cigar factory in Palmetto Beach, Fla

http://jaimemontilla.com/corina

http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/times...&preview=false

Joyce 's online obit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

If FLEK was Kim she would be 48 when she left this earth. So that fits with her being suspected to be older than she claimed to be

Kimberly was 5'4 to 5'5 at 16 years old, FLEK was 5'10. Most stop growing by 15 and Kimberlys missing site doesn't mention any "growth type syndromes", I think she may have been looked at before?
    Trust Your Instincts

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    Oh...can I add the Cuban Food link...

Joyce is a direct descendant of Senor Jose A. Escalante, who was a pioneer cigar manufacturer, founding the "La Corina" cigar factory in Palmetto Beach, Fla

http://jaimemontilla.com/corina
    I think it is worth submitting. From the wording in the mother's obit, it sounds as though she was genuinely anguished over never knowing what happened to her daughter (could be a cover-up I guess though). It is interesting that the mother moved to Tx - many parents of missing kids never move for fear that their missing loved one won't be able to find them if they do return, so it's quite the coincidence....

The physical resemblance was there and any differences could be accounted for by the time lag between the last KD pic and the first BST pic.

I'd love to know what happened to the Dad too. Doss seems like a fairly common name int he Jacksonville area but I'll keep looking today to see if I can figure it out. Someone with ancestry can probably get there much quicker if the divorce record between KD's mum and dad is on there.

Quote Originally Posted by StarrChance View Post
    Kimberly was 5'4 to 5'5 at 16 years old, FLEK was 5'10. Most stop growing by 15 and Kimberlys missing site doesn't mention any "growth type syndromes", I think she may have been looked at before?
    I thought so too but did a quick search of the possible matches thread and couldn't see her. I think the Iowa one was discussed because I remember hearing the story about how she was working as a sex worker in Hollywood a couple of years after her disappearance.

Quote Originally Posted by honesty View Post
    http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/times...&preview=false

Joyce 's online obit.

Oh wait, ok so Doss is Kimberly's maternal grandfather's middle name? Not her dad's last name? That is interesting. Why would she be using that as a last name, why not her dad's last name (which seems to be McGee) or at least her mother's maiden name? Am I reading that right?

Compare Lori vs Jacqueline LeBaron

As requested on page #1 of this thread, I am bringing my post over from the end of the last thread.

Due to Lori's height and big bone build, after looking at many pictures , I think this size can rule her out from the majority of people. Where you might add or subtract 1 to 2 inches on a regular size person, Lori is too big to do that.

I read the entire LeBarons thread yesterday, compared pictures, followed some rabbit holes. The most likely picture match I have found is the one of Lori in the younger drivers license picture with her hair in a pony tail compared to Jacqueline LeBarons mugshot. I believe Lori had a nose job, her eyes lifted to make them appear wider and where the tip bends to the left, that was a mistake.
    Click image for larger version.

ATTACH=CONFIG]99231[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

I really do not think if there was a cover up that her mother knew. If you Google search Kim's full name you see as late as 2005 Joyce was posting on message boards about her daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnynz View Post
    Oh wait, ok so Doss is Kimberly's maternal grandfather's middle name? Not her dad's last name? That is interesting. Why would she be using that as a last name, why not her dad's last name (which seems to be McGee) or at least her mother's maiden name? Am I reading that right?
    I'm pretty sure, you got it right that Doss comes from her grandfather's family.
    Her stepfather's name was McGee. This website says she might have used her stepfather's name: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...berly_rae.html

I'm pretty certain this is her parent's divorce record: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VK45-3N2
    A public family tree on Ancestry lists Kimberly's mother as being married to a man by that name and having an (unnamed) daughter with him. That family tree says he died in Tampa, FL but the tree does not have a date of death. I have searched and I cannot find a death record. Therefore, I'm going to refrain from saying his name. Let's go by his initials: CAL. CAL apparently divorced Kimberly's mother while Kimberly was an infant. My best guess is that CAL was not involved in her life and she may not have even been given his surname. I was looking for evidence she was raised by her grandparents to explain that last name but found none. Her mom remarried (McGee) in 1974 and had a baby boy right away. Kimberly would have been 11 when her mom remarried.

Lastly--this is just a theory of mine, but it's possible Kim was adopted by her stepfather and took his name at that point. Original BC would have been reissued in an adoption and the reissued BC would often be kept private and not found on ancestry websites. All this info is relevant, IMO, because anyone looking for old newspaper clippings about Kimberly's disappearance needs to know which name to look for her under. There is so little info about her disappearance online I think the only thing we have to go on is a physical resemblance and that story about "a" Kimberly Doss showing up in Hollywood and Sugarland Texas. I can't even find out more about that lead in Sugarland and what became of it.
    Last edited by Gardener1850; 07-31-2016 at 11:37 PM. Reason: typo on name

Page 3 of 157 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast