Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

Desperate search for Ohio Woman Sierah Joughin Who Vanished While on Bike Ride

Sierah Joughin was out riding with her boyfriend Tuesday before the pair parted ways around 6:45 p.m. near Evergreen High School in Metamora, Ohio. The University of Toledo junior was reported missing by her family later that night when she didn't return home.

Her purple bicycle was discovered several rows into a cornfield not far from where she was last seen, Fulton County Sheriff Roy Miller said Thursday. He added that there were signs of struggle.

Ex-con charged in murder of Ohio college student

A sheriff's investigator filed a criminal complaint Tuesday accusing an ex-convict of aggravated murder after a University of Toledo student's body was found following her disappearance last week.

James Worley, is charged in the death of 20-year-old Sierah Joughin. She was last seen July 19 riding her bike along a country road with her boyfriend, reports CBS affiliate WTOL. The two parted ways after their ride, but Joughin never made it home.

Worley was initially arrested Friday on an abduction charge in the disappearance.

[...]

The sheriff later confirmed that the remains found in a cornfield Friday were that of Sierah Joughin.

Case Map
[compliments of steelman]

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Known and potential victims of accused killer James Dean Worley Thread

Search and Seizure Warrant

Recapping some (but not all) of the information regarding prior contacts with Worley by Fulton County law enforcement.

Sheriff deputies have had several contacts with Worley. The most serious was an incident in 2014 when he was chasing kids near his property.

Other interactions with deputies include a township show plow that threw a rock into his yard and damaged his snow blower, possible elderly abuse against his mother. In that incident a nurse practitioner was concerned about how Worley spoke to his mother. She was taken in for a fall and pain on two separate incidents. The mother says he treats her like his father. No evidence of abuse was found.

Only once do we see where deputies went into his home, that was a call for his mother choking. Worley said she was fine. A deputy went inside and checked to see that the mother was in fact sleeping.

Deputies also called at one point for when Worley was arguing with his brother. No charges were filed.
http://www.13abc.com/content/news/D...orley-several-times-over-years-388704462.html

Reports show the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office was no stranger to Worle or his property. Since 2004, Worley called deputies about 15 times with reports for his home or neighborhood. Most complaints show a persistent fear of people trespassing on his property or stealing from him.

One such call from May, 2011, detailed errant newspaper deliveries left on the driveway instead of the designated box.

Sheriff’s office reports show contentious interactions among Worley, his brother Mark, and mother, Florence Sheperd. In July, 2015, Worley called to report his brother was “off his meds” and kicking down the door. Two years earlier, deputies checked on a report of possible elder abuse against the mother. A nurse practitioner who treated Ms. Sheperd after a fall contacted authorities.

“The son seemed agitated and frustrated to be at the hospital,” the nurse relayed to deputies in the report, and said she was able “to speak with Ms. Sheperd about the way her son treats her and [Ms. Sheperd] advised that he is just like his father in the way he talks to her.” The nurse reported no signs of physical abuse.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...Worley-bombarded-sheriff-with-complaints.html

If you don't see what you're looking for, follow the links and you may find it.

There are other articles out there that contain information about the contacts, but the two I linked have the most information that I can recall.

One more from the AP:

A man accused of abducting and killing a college student riding her bicycle chased a pair of boys on their bikes two years ago because he thought they looked suspicious, according to sheriff's records released Friday.

An incident report shows James Worley called a dispatcher to report the boys outside his rural farmhouse and said he was going to chase them. He later told a deputy that he briefly followed the pair about 300 yards to a neighbor's house because he'd been worried about break-ins.

A review of records on sheriff's runs to his home shows he called the department seven times since the beginning of 2014, reporting suspicious activity and other minor incidents — once saying he saw three red lights in a triangle pattern in the sky.
http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/386...n Cyclist/id-ff2bc62256be4255869d55481dd6ed38

@Foxfire, what is your guess on how often JDW felt the need to kill? Once a year? More often? Less often? Is there an 'average' time for SK's?

Elainera, there is not really an average time for a sadistic serial sexual predator/killer to feel the urge to kill. Their cooling off period will vary from one killer to another and with each individual killer. Sexual fantasies and aggressive sadistic *advertiser censored* between kills may create adequate stimulus and excitement lasting for months while waiting,planning, and rehearsing for that next opportunity to take another unsuspecting victim. With each victim taken their violence and torturous acts will only increase and become more dark as they evolve into the soulless nonhuman creatures that they have become...

Elainera, I had rather not guess how often JDW felt the need to kill. But with the enormous amount of evidence collected by investigators during the searches; dna/cyber forensics, photo/s, journal notes, cd r, etc., combined with the various databases and the psychological behavioral profile by the BAU2. We should know the answer to your question eventually..
The 62 year old sexual predator/serial killer that I've been backtracking and researching, who is sitting on FL's death row, killed 4 known victims within 80 days before his arrest.

Foxfire from this forum mentioned something like, 12, 911 calls. Maybe there can be light shed there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

How do we obtain them (911/police call logs)? I'm happy to get them.

That is an interesting thought as well. But there are female bodies that surfaced before 1990, pending he is the attacker. I will tell you, I've been living around the Toledo area for 27 years and it seems like every year it's another woman found. It's insane!

Is it a common understanding today in Ohio that girls go missing? I remember a time when that was a well know understanding in my city, but it lasted only a couple of years. That is unheard of today.

Is it a common understanding today in Ohio that girls go missing? I remember a time when that was a well know understanding in my city, but it lasted only a couple of years. That is unheard of today.
I can't say for Ohio, but in NWO and SEM, yes.

Foxfire from this forum mentioned something like, 12, 911 calls. Maybe there can be light shed there?

If there were 12 911 calls, I hope that police are reviewing/screening times/dates to verify who made the call, why, and whether it made sense that the caller was asleep when police arrived.

Did the mother or brother know what James Worley was doing to women from the community? They obviously knew about the 1990 conviction, so they knew he was a predator with women.

What about the father? When did he die? Can he be sleuthed now that he is deceased? Why not, eh.

Did anyone help James Dean Worley build his false wall in the barn? Did the family know what he secreted behind the false wall in the barn, and did the family know what he did in that private space? Did they blindly hope that no one was being hurt - afraid to speak thought aloud? They knew he was a predator, they must have known that he was building a private space in the barn, yet ... they didn't know that he would use that private space to harm women from the community?

I suspect that this was going on when Worley was 30 years old and his mother was 60. She states that her sons speak to her in the same way that her husband spoke to her. Does that mean that she was told by her husband and sons to mind her own business when she suspected that something was off?

If there were 12 911 calls, I hope that police are reviewing/screening times/dates to verify who made the call, why, and whether it made sense that the caller was asleep when police arrived.

Did the mother or brother know what James Worley was doing to women from the community? They obviously knew about the 1990 conviction, so they knew he was a predator with women.

What about the father? When did he die? Can he be sleuthed now that he is deceased? Why not, eh.

Did anyone help James Dean Worley build his false wall in the barn? Did the family know what he secreted behind the false wall in the barn, and did the family know what he did in that private space? Did they blindly hope that no one was being hurt - afraid to speak thought aloud? They knew he was a predator, they must have known that he was building a private space in the barn, yet ... they didn't know that he would use that private space to harm women from the community?

I suspect that this was going on when Worley was 30 years old and his mother was 60. She states that her sons speak to her in the same way that her husband spoke to her. Does that mean that she was told by her husband and sons to mind her own business when she suspected that something was off?
Absolutely!! I agree 100%!!

I can't say for Ohio, but in NWO and SWM, yes.

It if is accepted that women go missing, chances are there is a serial murderer in the community.

Where I live, girls went missing for a couple of years in the 1970s. Then, the city implemented a no hitch hiking law within city limits. The murders stopped. Opportunists had to pick girls up on the side of the highway (where licence plate was easily noted) after that, so missing girls and murders moved to isolated highways like Hwy 16, where there's no one in sight ... in the 1970s - present.

What efforts are in place from the police department?
Jessica Herringa shook things up a bit, but not enough to shake the friend of the police department out of the tree until he was caught red-handed ... a bit like Worley.

Imagine the shock they feel as they are hauled in for questioning after 30 years of getting away with abducting and murdering women ... long enough to actually build a dungeon with shackles and still find another girl to lock up or put in the bloody, carpeted freezer with a ratchet enclosure. They are both in their late 50s and they are so comfortable with snatching young women off the street for playthings and murder that they carelessly got caught - both of them this year.

I have read they have found blood in the freezer and blood on a wall, they have found some jewelry and some underwear. I have not seen anything about anyone's remains. Obviously there are many more victims. Where are they? some jewelry and underwear may not identify very many people....From the journals he kept? from the videos? Was he gone on overnight hauls? Did he do cross country? Does/did he have 'secret' places in other places? is the msm link that says burial sites were found on his property? I am not saying there is one, but everyone keeps talking about all the families that will get closure....I sincerely hope they do!

"Worley said he worked for three years until 1982 at Art Iron Inc. in Toledo and then three months at Shininger Inc. in Delta. He said he was then employed at Vulcan Industries in Toledo, leaving when the plant closed in 1986. He worked three more years for an area farmer, court records show.

Worley also served on a grounds crew for multiple county fairs. Among his part-time employers during this period was Mike Nofzinger, 73, of Delta.

Mr. Nofzinger, then a member of the Fulton County Fair Board, said Worley did an excellent cleaning job at some point prior to 1990. The two had few interactions, he said."

I have read they have found blood in the freezer and blood on a wall, they have found some jewelry and some underwear. I have not seen anything about anyone's remains. Obviously there are many more victims. Where are they? some jewelry and underwear may not identify very many people....From the journals he kept? from the videos? Was he gone on overnight hauls? Did he do cross country? Does/did he have 'secret' places in other places? is the msm link that says burial sites were found on his property? I am not saying there is one, but everyone keeps talking about all the families that will get closure....I sincerely hope they do!

They found underwear, one pair of underwear has blood on it.
Was that from a virgin, or violence?

They found jewellery in several places on the property.

Given that he probably got away with this for a very long time, chances are he was more confident that it was okay to record actual photos and video of the women he murdered. A newbie would probably be careful about keeping electronic souvenirs, but after decades of schmoozing police chances are the last decade of victims is in some electronic record ... question is ... where are the electronic records hidden. With Paul Bernardo, incriminating video were in the ceiling and not found until his wife revealed their location ... point being that even though Worley lives with his mom and relies on her for finances and supper, he may have hidden some files in places that are not easy to find.

It if is accepted that women go missing, chances are there is a serial murderer in the community.

Where I live, girls went missing for a couple of years in the 1970s. Then, the city implemented a no hitch hiking law within city limits. The murders stopped. Opportunists had to pick girls up on the side of the highway (where licence plate was easily noted) after that, so missing girls and murders moved to isolated highways like Hwy 16, where there's no one in sight ... in the 1970s - present.

What efforts are in place from the police department?
Jessica Herringa shook things up a bit, but not enough to shake the friend of the police department out of the tree until he was caught red-handed ... a bit like Worley.

Imagine the shock they feel as they are hauled in for questioning after 30 years of getting away with abducting and murdering women ... long enough to actually build a dungeon with shackles and still find another girl to lock up or put in the bloody, carpeted freezer with a ratchet enclosure. They are both in their late 50s and they are so comfortable with snatching young women off the street for playthings and murder that they carelessly got caught - both of them this year.
I think the sex trafficking prevention team is trying to decrease the numbers. That's why they believe most of the woman get abducted. There are more missing woman than found bodies, but JDW could be the missing link for that now. Not that sex trafficking isn't a problem, but I have a feeling there are more than just a few abductions that have occurred by him. I'm talking major.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member