1243 users online (277 members and 966 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Post Agency: 'Natural Cures' Guy Selling Names

Agency: 'Natural Cures' Guy Selling Names By MICHAEL GORMLEY, Associated Press Writer

A New York consumer protection agency warns the infomercial star who wrote "Natural Cures 'They' Don't Want You to Know About" has something he doesn't want his customers to know about.

The state Consumer Protection Board warned Thursday that author Kevin Trudeau is selling their name and contact information to other telemarketers and junk mailers. Some of Trudeau's customers have also complained of unexpected charges for his newsletter and discount purchase programs, said state Consumer Protection Board Executive Director Teresa Santiago.

Trudeau isn't accused of breaking any law.

Instead, Santiago — who in September lost an initial court battle to Trudeau — said the retailer isn't abiding by the best and accepted practices of Internet retailers. She said those practices inform customers their name, address and other contact information would be sold to other marketers. Many Internet businesses also provide a way for customers to prohibit their name from being sold to other commercial interests, Santiago said.

She said customers who call one of Trudeau's toll-free numbers for sales have received "spooky junk mail" from Nevada claiming a secret society has personal knowledge about the consumer. The society is another book publisher selling a $150 book teaching people how to rule the world, Santiago said.

Rest of the interesting article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051028/..._guy&printer=1

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    Agency: 'Natural Cures' Guy Selling Names By MICHAEL GORMLEY, Associated Press Writer

A New York consumer protection agency warns the infomercial star who wrote "Natural Cures 'They' Don't Want You to Know About" has something he doesn't want his customers to know about.

The state Consumer Protection Board warned Thursday that author Kevin Trudeau is selling their name and contact information to other telemarketers and junk mailers. Some of Trudeau's customers have also complained of unexpected charges for his newsletter and discount purchase programs, said state Consumer Protection Board Executive Director Teresa Santiago.

Trudeau isn't accused of breaking any law.

Instead, Santiago — who in September lost an initial court battle to Trudeau — said the retailer isn't abiding by the best and accepted practices of Internet retailers. She said those practices inform customers their name, address and other contact information would be sold to other marketers. Many Internet businesses also provide a way for customers to prohibit their name from being sold to other commercial interests, Santiago said.

She said customers who call one of Trudeau's toll-free numbers for sales have received "spooky junk mail" from Nevada claiming a secret society has personal knowledge about the consumer. The society is another book publisher selling a $150 book teaching people how to rule the world, Santiago said.

Rest of the interesting article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051028/..._guy&printer=1

I gotta admit his infomercial is extremely convincing! I never bought the book....but I have been tempted.

If I am not mistaken this is the same guy who was doing Infomercials here in Australia years ago.

I think he was selling a program to improve your Memory.

Obviously I didn't purchase it. LOL
    Last edited by Just Jules; 10-28-2005 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Sp

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jules
    If I am not mistaken this is the same guy who was doing Infomercials here in Australia years ago.

I think he was selling a program to improve your Memory.

Obviously I didn't purchase it. LOL
    Trudeau does have some type of mega memory tapes. I think that we have it. It is pretty amazing. Trudeau, I believe, has also been to prison having been convicted of credit card fraud. I think that he has hawked all sorts of products, to include Atkins. He reminds me of a scam artist. That's why I never purchased his book. I think that there has been complaints about the book, that it really doesn't live up to his "cure all" claims.

If you really want to buy it, go to eBay:

http://tinyurl.com/dalu7

Read towards the end of the article and it is pretty critical of his book, too.

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

This is news?
    "To be a good Republican, you have to believe that God hates homosexuality, but loves the death penalty." Ann Richards

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnBorn
    This is news?
    Yup.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

just an eBay heads-up for you

Natural Cures They Don't Want You To Know About 2nd Ed (Updated Edition)

A Buy Now $11.95 + $3.25 = $15.20 Total

The seller is:

mysales65

Item number: 5633760297

By far the lowest price.