Agency: 'Natural Cures' Guy Selling Names

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Agency: 'Natural Cures' Guy Selling Names By MICHAEL GORMLEY, Associated Press Writer

A New York consumer protection agency warns the infomercial star who wrote "Natural Cures 'They' Don't Want You to Know About" has something he doesn't want his customers to know about.

The state Consumer Protection Board warned Thursday that author Kevin Trudeau is selling their name and contact information to other telemarketers and junk mailers. Some of Trudeau's customers have also complained of unexpected charges for his newsletter and discount purchase programs, said state Consumer Protection Board Executive Director Teresa Santiago.

Trudeau isn't accused of breaking any law.

Instead, Santiago — who in September lost an initial court battle to Trudeau — said the retailer isn't abiding by the best and accepted practices of Internet retailers. She said those practices inform customers their name, address and other contact information would be sold to other marketers. Many Internet businesses also provide a way for customers to prohibit their name from being sold to other commercial interests, Santiago said.

She said customers who call one of Trudeau's toll-free numbers for sales have received "spooky junk mail" from Nevada claiming a secret society has personal knowledge about the consumer. The society is another book publisher selling a $150 book teaching people how to rule the world, Santiago said.

Rest of the interesting article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051028/ap_on_he_me/natural_cures_guy&printer=1

Dark Knight said:
Agency: 'Natural Cures' Guy Selling Names By MICHAEL GORMLEY, Associated Press Writer

A New York consumer protection agency warns the infomercial star who wrote "Natural Cures 'They' Don't Want You to Know About" has something he doesn't want his customers to know about.

The state Consumer Protection Board warned Thursday that author Kevin Trudeau is selling their name and contact information to other telemarketers and junk mailers. Some of Trudeau's customers have also complained of unexpected charges for his newsletter and discount purchase programs, said state Consumer Protection Board Executive Director Teresa Santiago.

Trudeau isn't accused of breaking any law.

Instead, Santiago — who in September lost an initial court battle to Trudeau — said the retailer isn't abiding by the best and accepted practices of Internet retailers. She said those practices inform customers their name, address and other contact information would be sold to other marketers. Many Internet businesses also provide a way for customers to prohibit their name from being sold to other commercial interests, Santiago said.

She said customers who call one of Trudeau's toll-free numbers for sales have received "spooky junk mail" from Nevada claiming a secret society has personal knowledge about the consumer. The society is another book publisher selling a $150 book teaching people how to rule the world, Santiago said.

Rest of the interesting article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051028/ap_on_he_me/natural_cures_guy&printer=1

I gotta admit his infomercial is extremely convincing! I never bought the book....but I have been tempted.

If I am not mistaken this is the same guy who was doing Infomercials here in Australia years ago.

I think he was selling a program to improve your Memory.

Obviously I didn't purchase it. LOL :)

Just Jules said:
If I am not mistaken this is the same guy who was doing Infomercials here in Australia years ago.

I think he was selling a program to improve your Memory.

Obviously I didn't purchase it. LOL :)
Trudeau does have some type of mega memory tapes. I think that we have it. It is pretty amazing. Trudeau, I believe, has also been to prison having been convicted of credit card fraud. I think that he has hawked all sorts of products, to include Atkins. He reminds me of a scam artist. That's why I never purchased his book. I think that there has been complaints about the book, that it really doesn't live up to his "cure all" claims.

Read towards the end of the article and it is pretty critical of his book, too.

just an eBay heads-up for you

Natural Cures They Don't Want You To Know About 2nd Ed (Updated Edition)

A Buy Now $11.95 + $3.25 = $15.20 Total

The seller is:

mysales65

Item number: 5633760297

By far the lowest price.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads