NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardenista

On Time Out
Reaction score
A Queens woman was found slain in a marshy area near Howard Beach after she went out for her evening jog Tuesday, law-enforcement sources said.

Karina Vetrano, 30, was reported missing by her father when she didn’t return from her regular run along the Belt Parkway’s bike path at about 5 p.m., according to the sources.

Shortly after her worried dad, a retired firefighter, called 911, police found the body of the St. John’s University graduate in the high-weeded area off 165th Avenue and 78th Street at about 10:30 p.m., the sources said.

Sources said a cause of death has not been determined, but she appeared to have been strangled and her jogging pants were pulled partway down.

more at the link

http://nypost.com/2016/08/03/jogger-murdered-after-evening-run-in-queens/

Map of where she was found, near 161st Ave & 78th Street, Queens.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...eaf90cc48b3381!8m2!3d40.6540268!4d-73.8532733

Here's a street-view look at the location. It's within NYC, but not "city like." https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...8b3381!8m2!3d40.6540268!4d-73.8532733!6m1!1e1

Karina had gone out for a jog at 5pm, father (retired NYFD) reported her missing at 7pm. She was found in the marsh not far from home. You can see the jogging trail in the google street-view link.

With large bodies of water so close by, I'm thankful at least she was found on land and not disappeared forever. :(

She was found with pants down and strangled.

RIP, Karina.

She was a beauty. I hope they catch this disgusting pig!

Possible she was stalked ? Wonder if she was on any dating apps or had posted on SM her jogging route or something. Shot in the dark----did she belong to a running club ? Maybe was supposed to meet a teammate for a possible upcoming race ?

My guess would to look into local homeless population nearby

Absolutely terrifying. I run through the marshes occasionally (in Brooklyn, not Queens) and have occasionally gotten a "get the hell out of here" feeling - you're SO isolated and you can't see ANYTHING. I will definitely rethink ever doing that again. RIP Karina. Another shining light put out by some rotting trashpile of a person.

Chief of Detectives gave a press briefing @ 9:30 AM which can be seen in full at link below on reporter's timeline.

He said they have digital evidence. They were able to ping her cell phone and they have her by some homes jogging/running at about 5:45 PM. There are also videos from home cameras as well. You can see few of the homes towards the end of the video when reporter speaks.

He said she was texting a friend and listening to music.

https://www.facebook.com/TeresaPrioloNY/

Chief of Detectives gave a press briefing @ 9:30 AM which can be seen in full at link below on reporter's timeline.

He said they have digital evidence. They were able to ping her cell phone and they have her by some homes jogging/running at about 5:45 PM. There are also videos from home cameras as well. You can see few of the homes towards the end of the video when reporter speaks.

He said she was texting a friend and listening to music.

https://www.facebook.com/TeresaPrioloNY/

Wow! So it was not even near dusk. Very scary.
I wonder if other women have been harrassed by anyone running that path.

I think that is too obvious. its just as likely that some pervert who has a home and a job and who jogs knows he can find a victim on the jogging trail. or a pervert period.

My guess would to look into local homeless population nearby

her father found her #tears. im so sorry he had to see her that way.

I think that is too obvious. its just as likely that some pervert who has a home and a job and who jogs knows he can find a victim on the jogging trail. or a pervert period.

I'd be more inclined to think that if this attack did not happen in a major city in day time hours. I feel a pervert/sex offender would most likely try to do something sneakier as they dont want to be caught. Alot of homeless have no cares, a jail cell is an improvement from their life. I feel opportunistic attack is more likely a homeless than a local sex offender, homeless can be predators too, I have seen so many harass women, even to the point of following them or cornering them on public transportation.

that is true but there is a saying "don't shizz where you eat" I know there has been cases where they did indeed do that, however.

your guess is as good as mine at this point.

I'd be more inclined to think that if this attack did not happen in a major city in day time hours. I feel a pervert/sex offender would most likely try to do something sneakier as they dont want to be caught. Alot of homeless have no cares, a jail cell is an improvement from their life. I feel opportunistic attack is more likely a homeless than a local sex offender, homeless can be predators too, I have seen so many harass women, even to the point of following them or cornering them on public transportation.

Horrible!

http://nypost.com/2016/08/03/jogger...ebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow&sr_share=facebook

The Queens jogger who was found apparently strangled to death in a marshy area near Howard Beach was sexually assaulted, police said Wednesday.

The body of Karina Vetrano — who had recently celebrated her 30th birthday in Saint Tropez, France — was discovered Tuesday night by her father during a police search, with her running tights pulled halfway down, in the weeds off 165th Avenue and 78th Street, sources said.

“At 9 o’clock, there was a ping off her cellphone, the father walked us through the area and the father found the body face down. There’s evidence of strangulation,” NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce told reporters at a Wednesday press conference.

More at link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member