1166 users online (244 members and 922 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

AZ - Amy Kijewski, 28, Pima County, 1 Aug 2016

Sheriff’s Department seeks help in finding missing woman

The Pima County Sheriff’s Department says they need your help finding a missing woman.
    She is believed to have gone hiking near the Palisades Trail.
    http://www.kvoa.com/story/32679160/s...-missing-woman
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Hiking in flip flops must be a new trend...

Something is wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Darling136 View Post

Something is wrong here.
    Totally agree something is wrong, but i "hike" in flip-flops. I live in IL, so the trails aren't super intense, so if a friend texts me to go hike and I'm wearing flip-flops -I wouldn't go home for sneakers/boots lol

Anyone know of the terrain? Wonder why or how they know she was going to hike?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Still no news on her!

On Sheriff's page there is volunteers searching for her.
    https://m.facebook.com/pimasheriff/p...079390/?type=3

Something is wrong here.
    My guess is she was wearing flip flops when she left home but most likely had shoes/boots to change into for the hike. I would not hike that area in flip flops.

Southern Arizona Rescue Association are also assisting with the search.

Amy's Facebook

Something is wrong here.
    Kennesaw Mtn. I was surprised to see people going up in flip flops. Thr area roots and rocks covered the path. I was thankful for covered my toes shoes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I cannot find any updates ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Why was the search suspended several days after she was reported missing. She and I dated the last few years of college and after, before she moved to Arizona. She was the best gf I ever had. Not saying that for sentimentality or nostalgia. I screwed it up between us right before she moved and have kicked myself ever since. I feel so sick to my stomach right now and hope that there's more news to this. Hopefully good news. tried contacting Nathan, her current boyfriend, along with mutual friends, but as I just found out and here it is 9 months after the fact I'm not sure if anyone will want to talk about it. She was such a great person, I hope still IS. Any information would be appreciated. -ok so it's a couple hours later and I found some answers. I know why the search was stopped. Wish there was more to it... so sad.
    Last edited by TheMadDawg; 04-16-2017 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Found Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadDawg View Post
    Why was the search suspended several days after she was reported missing. She and I dated the last few years of college and after, before she moved to Arizona. She was the best gf I ever had. Not saying that for sentimentality or nostalgia. I screwed it up between us right before she moved and have kicked myself ever since. I feel so sick to my stomach right now and hope that there's more news to this. Hopefully good news. tried contacting Nathan, her current boyfriend, along with mutual friends, but as I just found out and here it is 9 months after the fact I'm not sure if anyone will want to talk about it. She was such a great person, I hope still IS. Any information would be appreciated. -ok so it's a couple hours later and I found some answers. I know why the search was stopped. Wish there was more to it... so sad.
    Can you share a little around the reasons for search stopping? Like you, I find that confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is really, truly unfortunate. I can't find any follow up stories or any news articles on line about Amy past 08/03/2016, not even an entry in NamUs for her. Her Find Amy FB page isn't there, either.
    Is it possible she's been found and it just didn't make the media?
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

This post on the Pima County Sheriff's FB has a Feb 26th comment asking for an update on Amy. After that comment it says "page responded privately". What could it possibly indicate when a Sheriff's office responds privately?

https://www.facebook.com/pimasheriff...type=3&theater

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy023 View Post
    This post on the Pima County Sheriff's FB has a Feb 26th comment asking for an update on Amy. After that comment it says "page responded privately". What could it possibly indicate when a Sheriff's office responds privately?

https://www.facebook.com/pimasheriff...type=3&theater
    Thank you. I didn't look at that page, but I found absolutely nothing when I searched FB. It sounds like she's still missing. So sad.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Amy is one of the brightest, sweetest young ladies I have had the privilege to know. She IS someone's daughter, sister, girlfriend, friend, future wife & mother. There should be updates regularly to keep her in the public eye. Especially in case of foul play. Please revive this search. PLEASE. Heartbroken in Tennessee.
    Last edited by Sheilamaier55; 04-16-2017 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Left domething out

Quote Originally Posted by Alleykins View Post
    This is really, truly unfortunate. I can't find any follow up stories or any news articles on line about Amy past 08/03/2016, not even an entry in NamUs for her. Her Find Amy FB page isn't there, either.
    Is it possible she's been found and it just didn't make the media?
    Imho...with all that you have posted above especially with her find page gone I am thinking she is safely home.

ETA I sent an email to the author of the original posted article asking about Amy. I then noticed this was back in 2016...so not sure on a reply.
    Last edited by LisaWL7TR; 04-16-2017 at 07:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast