Identified! TX - Mansfield, BlkFem UP14350, 35-55, found buried, Aug'15 - Tammie Washington

Everyday Grace

Reaction score
Investigators working to identify skeletal remains found in Mansfield last summer hope a clay composite made using the victim's skull will help identify the unknown woman.

The woman's remains were found dry and partially unearthed in August 2015 by a Mansfield resident walking his property with his family along Mitchell Road.

Investigators were able to recover most of the remains. Over the next year forensic investigators would then determine the remains were of a black woman between the ages of 35 and 55 years old and that she stood between 5 feet 2 inches tall and 5 feet 10 inches tall.

Based upon the skeletal decay and the age of a willow tree root found growing in the woman's cranium, officials said the woman could have gone missing between 1998 and 2011.

Anyone with information about the identity of the woman is asked to call the Mansfield Police Department at 817-276-4700.

More at the link:
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ma...fy-Victim-Found-in-August-2015-388979092.html

Her death is being investigated as a homicide.

Officials recovered the head and most of the woman's body. They also found a fragment of a size large shirt that had metal eyelets where it may have laced up, he said.

"We know that someone is probably missing her," said senior forensic anthropologist Dana Austin with the Tarrant County medical examiner's office. "We're hoping that they will be able to watch this and look at the reconstruction."

Clay reconstruction has been used in four other cases in the last 20 years, she said.

The woman's skull is underneath the clay, which represents what she may have looked like. Some features such as the skin and eye color as well as hairstyle are designed to be generic.
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...-help-identify-woman-found-dead-last-year.ece

JerseyGirl,

That article has a better recon, than NamUs. Thank you for finding the article

JerseyGirl,

That article has a better recon, than NamUs. Thank you for finding the article

I must've glanced over it. Thanks for pointing it out. I will post it here:

remains_1502799376134_10268621_ver1.0.jpg

Human remains are identified as Arlington woman; police investigating homicide

MANSFIELD Human remains discovered in Mansfield in August 2015 have been identified as a woman from Arlington who police believe died by homicide.
The Mansfield Police Department said Thursday that the remains were identified as Tammie Michelle Washington of Arlington, born in 1971.

A local woman who saw the images on social media contacted police stating that the images closely resembled a friend named Tammie Washington.
Detectives located Washington’s relatives, who provided DNA samples for comparison. The University of North Texas Health Science Center's forensics DNA team identified the victim as Washington. Mansfield police said she had last been heard from in 2005.

RIP Tammie :rose:

cache.php

MANSFIELD, Texas (CBS11) – Mary Washington spent years searching and praying for her daughter.

She last saw Tammie Washington in 2004 and suspected the then 33-year-old mother of two boys was using drugs.

“I thought maybe she was staying away ‘cause she didn’t want us to know that she was on drugs or something like that,” she said.

In August 2017, Mansfield police called, asking if she’d be willing to provide DNA.

They believed Tammie might be the woman they’d spent years trying to identify.
“I’ve been praying for closure for the sake of her children,” said Washington. “I got it, not the way I wanted it, but the way God sees fit for me to have it.”

Now police and Tammie’s family want to know who killed her.
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/01/18/police-identify-remains/

Rest In Peace, Tammie. You will never be forgotten.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back