968 users online (188 members and 780 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,351

    FL - Pinky the Flamingo Euthanized, Man Arrested, Busch Gardens, 3 Aug 2016


    Veterinarians at Busch Gardens had to euthanize "Pinky" the dancing flamingo after a man grabbed her from an animal viewing area and threw her to the ground in front of his children.

    Read more at http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/03...-flamingo.html

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    This was a 45yo man with teenagers, for goodness sakes!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,351
    ....45-year-old Joseph Anthony Corrao of Orlando was visiting the theme park with his mother and his three teenagers on Tuesday when he reached into a pen in the Jambo Junction area, picked up a flamingo and set it down.
    Police say his mother told him to leave the birds alone after he picked up another one. And that's when he threw Pinky down so hard that its foot was nearly severed, the police report said.

    Read more at http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/03...-flamingo.html

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Very sad when a grown man's mother has to supervise him out in public. What kind of behavior is he teaching his teenagers?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,351
    Corrao, of Orlando, was arrested on a charge of felony animal cruelty — a year and 15 days after his release from prison on charges that he shot and killed two chained dogs at point-blank range with a shotgun.

    He lived in Lake City, according to the Columbia County Sheriff's Office, when in 2013 he executed his neighbor's dogs — he blamed them for killing his daughter's rabbits — and threatened a witness.

    Police said Corrao was visiting Busch Gardens with his family on Tuesday when he reached into an animal pen at Jambo Junction and picked up a flamingo. But he set that bird down, leaving it unharmed.

    Then police said he grabbed Pinky. Tampa police it was unclear why Corrao grabbed the bird, or if alcohol was a factor. But a witness told WFTS-Ch. 28 that Corrao laughed afterward.

    Read more at http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...ground/2287932


  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    198
    pinky was a very popular flamingo who liked to 'dance' for the visitors (not trained to do it either). this guy is scum and i hope he gets the max.

    RIP pinky (1996-2016)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,351

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    198
    sounds like a sociopath to me. wonder how many human victims he has we dont know about.
    Last edited by bostonstrong; 08-04-2016 at 01:14 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,833
    http://www.wftv.com/news/florida/man...eath/485423357
    I wanted to update this story that Corrao was found not competent to stand trial.Has a criminal history going back 20 years.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,351
    Quote Originally Posted by cuffem View Post
    http://www.wftv.com/news/florida/man...eath/485423357
    I wanted to update this story that Corrao was found not competent to stand trial.Has a criminal history going back 20 years.
    Is that what was decided at his competency hearing on Friday (2/17/2017)? The article you posted states that Corrao's lawyer claims he is mentally ill and the judge at the Jan 18 hearing approved the request for a mental eval. The court received doctor's reports on 2/16 & 2/17.

    http://pubrec10.hillsclerk.com/Unsec...CaseID=8232652
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Anna View Post
    Is that what was decided at his competency hearing on Friday (2/17/2017)? The article you posted states that Corrao's lawyer claims he is mentally ill and the judge at the Jan 18 hearing approved the request for a mental eval. The court received doctor's reports on 2/16 & 2/17.

    http://pubrec10.hillsclerk.com/Unsec...CaseID=8232652
    I read it on our local news,will try to find link.I will add that I know a relative of this person but will leave it at that.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/17...for-trial.html
    Last edited by cuffem; 02-19-2017 at 03:35 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,833
    http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/02/17...dens-flamingo/
    No Trail For Man Accused of Killing Flamingo.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Posts
    4,031
    Finding it difficult to buy into this man is 'suddenly' incompetent to stand trial.
    ...
    He lived in Lake City, according to the Columbia County Sheriff's Office, when in 2013 he executed his neighbor's dogs — he blamed them for killing his daughter's rabbits — and threatened a witness.
    ...
    He wrote: "all u can drink and eat free," and "i will be tepsy tonight."

    Facebook friends did not seem pleased with that status update. They told him to "behave himself" and "make a good impression for your kids."

    To which Corrao responded: "I've never been to jail in Tampa."


    http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...ground/2287932

    Seems to me he knows that threatening a witness may result in that witness refusing to testify against him. He seems to know that certain behavior could land him in jail.

    He seems to find it ok to kill animals, but don't kill his, as in his childs rabbits - he found retaliation to be the answer. Retaliation takes thought imo - irrational thought, but thought.

    Some of his past includes -

    Corrao served three years in prison in Florida after being convicted of aggravated assault on a person 65 years or older, felony DUI, and fleeing from a law enforcement officer.

    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/03...-flamingo.html

    If this course of action will ensure he stays locked up indefinitely this time, then this is the way to go. If it will have little to no benefit for the public, then I would like to see the past submissions to the court by these 'experts' that are claiming he's incompetent.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodland View Post
    Finding it difficult to buy into this man is 'suddenly' incompetent to stand trial.
    ...
    He lived in Lake City, according to the Columbia County Sheriff's Office, when in 2013 he executed his neighbor's dogs — he blamed them for killing his daughter's rabbits — and threatened a witness.
    ...
    He wrote: "all u can drink and eat free," and "i will be tepsy tonight."

    Facebook friends did not seem pleased with that status update. They told him to "behave himself" and "make a good impression for your kids."

    To which Corrao responded: "I've never been to jail in Tampa."


    http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...ground/2287932

    Seems to me he knows that threatening a witness may result in that witness refusing to testify against him. He seems to know that certain behavior could land him in jail.

    He seems to find it ok to kill animals, but don't kill his, as in his childs rabbits - he found retaliation to be the answer. Retaliation takes thought imo - irrational thought, but thought.

    Some of his past includes -

    Corrao served three years in prison in Florida after being convicted of aggravated assault on a person 65 years or older, felony DUI, and fleeing from a law enforcement officer.

    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/03...-flamingo.html

    If this course of action will ensure he stays locked up indefinitely this time, then this is the way to go. If it will have little to no benefit for the public, then I would like to see the past submissions to the court by these 'experts' that are claiming he's incompetent.
    Per the article posted by cuffem:
    Barber wants the doctors to discuss their findings and treatment options during a future hearing.
    snipped

    http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/02/17...dens-flamingo/

    He's currently free on bond. Scary to think someone who has a history of violence is free to inflict more pain and suffering while waiting for someone to decide on a course of treatment. IMO, it's time he is locked up for good, even if it's in a mental hospital.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau



Similar Threads

  1. Found Safe FL - Denzel George Givens, 10, Palm Beach Gardens, 31 October 2016
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-02-2016, 03:21 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-18-2016, 08:06 AM
  3. Busch Gardens had sex-line # on AD by mistake
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 09:05 PM