732 users online (97 members and 635 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Teen girl declared sexually dangerous

A Eureka teenager has been declared a sexually dangerous person, sending her to prison indefinitely. Tammy L. Wheeler, 17, Eureka, agreed last week to the designation after being charged with aggravated criminal sexual abuse in April for allegedly fondling a 4-year-old boy.

Wheeler is the only female to join the list of 138 people in the state deemed sexually dangerous.

The original charge was a Class 2 felony that carries a maximum penalty of seven years in prison. However, probation was also a possibility, said Woodford County State's Attorney Mike Stroh.

The sexually dangerous person designation will place Wheeler in the Illinois Department of Corrections for an indefinite amount of time. A prison spokesman did not return calls for comment.

"We felt this was the most appropriate path to take given all the options that were available to us," said Stroh.

To be declared a sexually dangerous person, a person must be found to suffer from a mental disorder for at least one year prior to the petition. That must also be coupled with a likelihood for committing sexual offenses.

http://www.pantagraph.com/stories/10...51027038.shtml

That is terrible! And I'm wondering what exactly causes chronic PSTD?
    http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...oston/pree.jpg

Beloved Taffy ~ June, 1994 - February 15, 2007.

...always in my heart...

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    To be declared a sexually dangerous person, a person must be found to suffer from a mental disorder for at least one year prior to the petition. That must also be coupled with a likelihood for committing sexual offenses.
    http://www.pantagraph.com/stories/10...51027038.shtml
    Ok, here is where I have a problem. Are they saying it is ok to be a sexually dangerous person if you don't have a mental disorder?
    Even Duncan back through his history, did not seem to have been classified with a mental disorder, other than sexual perversion. So he wouldn't have been classified as a sexually dangerous person? How about the molestor's who work, have families, no MH history but just have a prediliction to abusing the neighborhood kids? As in multiple. He wouldn't classify, because he didn't have a MH disorder?The neighborhood priest or teacher who molests a number of kids through the years. They wouldn't qualify?
    That sucks!
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Why don't they do this to the men out there fondling 4yr olds???

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah,me
    Why don't they do this to the men out there fondling 4yr olds???

That is what I'm wondering. I would think that every pervert that damages little children is mentally unbalanced. Funny how they pick and choose who will go away forever and who will be put back on the streets when they are all labeled Level 3's..the most dangerous of the dangerous....the most likely to re-offend. Makes no sense.

If she agreed to the designation, then perhaps she's fondled a lot more little kids than they're reporting at the moment.