Identified! TX - Bexar County - Human Remains, March 2004 - Sarah Sampley, 20

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Skeletal Remains Found In 2004 Identified

SAN ANTONIO -- Skeletal remains discovered in southwest Bexar County in March 2004 belong to a missing 20-year-old San Antonio woman, authorities said.

Dental records and a facial reconstruction conducted by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation helped Bexar County sheriff's deputies confirm that the remains were those of Sarah Anne Sampley, who has been missing since August 2000.

Pieces of bone and a skull with braces were found in a cloth bag by a property owner who was cleaning a ditch in the 15000 block of Trawalter Road.

Detectives believe Sampley was killed at another location.

More: http://www.ksat.com/news/5198179/detail.html?rss=ant&psp=news

You know I don't understand why it took so long to id her. Do dentist's mark braces like they do dentures? And if not, why not?

mysteriew said:
You know I don't understand why it took so long to id her. Do dentist's mark braces like they do dentures? And if not, why not?

That is what I was wondering. I've seen some cases on CTV where a person was identified by her dentist because of her braces. It sure took a long time but that must have been because of the facial reconstruction. They will probably never find out who murdered her or even how it was done. Poor thing.

I hope her family has found some peace.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime