Resolved NY - NYC - MaleUnkRace UP15069, 18-28, In Hudson River, May'15 - Name withheld

jessr927

Justice for the Atlantic City 4
Reaction score
Male, unknown race, 18-28 years old
168 lbs., 66" tall

Wearing sweatpants, black athletic pants, tan socks, black sneakers, yellow jersey, gray t-shirt, and gray briefs.

Decedent was seen floating in the Hudson River by a pedestrian on the west side of Manhattan. Decedent was removed from river by NYPD at Pier 92.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/15069

The Namus link says that the page doesn't exist. Looked for the UID in Namus, this one is not listed. Probably identified...

Not the same male. He was found 50 miles north of NYC, the kayak killer. The unidentified listed here was found at Pier 92 in Manhattan, NYC. You always have good finds though, Bit of Hope!

Not the same male. He was found 50 miles north of NYC, the kayak killer. The unidentified listed here was found at Pier 92 in Manhattan, NYC. You always have good finds though, Bit of Hope!

Hi HP, thanks. Good to know, this is a different John D. Did you ever hear something about the UID found at Pier 92?

No BOH, I never heard anything nor can I find anything. I will tell you this.... You may already know that NYC is made up of 5 boroughs, Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island. In Brooklyn alone 4 bodies washed up on the shoreline in July 2019. That is 1 borough so you can imagine how often it happens in NYC with the amount of people here. Pier 92 is located on 55th Street and 12th Avenue, where the cruise ships come and go and there are a lot of Hotels over there as well. Some families don't want the name publicized especially if it was a suicide. Further north is the George Washington Bridge, you get a lot of jumpers in 2 years 2016-Sept 2017 there were 18 jumpers. So unless it's a high profile case rarely do we find out who they were when they were identified.

No BOH, I never heard anything nor can I find anything. I will tell you this.... You may already know that NYC is made up of 5 boroughs, Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island. In Brooklyn alone 4 bodies washed up on the shoreline in July 2019. That is 1 borough so you can imagine how often it happens in NYC with the amount of people here. Pier 92 is located on 55th Street and 12th Avenue, where the cruise ships come and go and there are a lot of Hotels over there as well. Some families don't want the name publicized especially if it was a suicide. Further north is the George Washington Bridge, you get a lot of jumpers in 2 years 2016-Sept 2017 there were 18 jumpers. So unless it's a high profile case rarely do we find out who they were when they were identified.

Thank you HP. That are indeed a lot of bodies. I can understand not all of the identifications go public. I couldn't find anything either, not even at what date this UID was found. Because the Namus file is down I assume this John D is identified, but we can't close this thread unless there is a confirmation from a serious source he is.

Thank you HP. That are indeed a lot of bodies. I can understand not all of the identifications go public. I couldn't find anything either, not even at what date this UID was found. Because the Namus file is down I assume this John D is identified, but we can't close this thread unless there is a confirmation from a serious source he is.

BBM
O/T I'd like to see a new board for cases that are presume resolved. There are numerous threads in this forum where the official NamUs or LE UID profiles have been removed without having been confirmed as identified. There are tons more that link to news articles that have not been updated for years nor have any official UID profiles been created. A new board would help clean up this one while still safely holding those threads for future reference, if they're ever revived with new updates. Jmho

BBM
O/T I'd like to see a new board for cases that are presume resolved. There are numerous threads in this forum where the official NamUs or LE UID profiles have been removed without having been confirmed as identified. There are tons more that link to news articles that have not been updated for years nor have any official UID profiles been created. A new board would help clean up this one while still safely holding those threads for future reference, if they're ever revived with new updates. Jmho

Great idea. I was thinking the same thing last week. I was going through some of the old threads and tying to find updates on those that no longer had a NamUs profile. I thought about how much easier it would be if all those UIDs that had probably been identified but no further updates were in one place.

Instead of the Coroner's office I reached out to Namus. Lori B said if the information is not made known to the public, through their site, they can not comment on it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmxclearance
Back