Found Deceased MI - Heather Young, 42, Onaway, 30 July 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Michigan State Police Searching For Missing Woman In Onaway
11214826_G.jpg

Michigan State Police are searching for a missing woman.
Troopers found her 2000 GMC Jimmy in Onaway on Wednesday.
http://www.9and10news.com/story/32694571/michigan-state-police-searching-for-missing-woman-in-onaway

Onaway is 30 miles from my hometown. I pray Heather is located soon!

It says so much about our society when the best case scenario is that she "just went on a drug binge".

Not picking on you GigTu ... it's just depressing and makes my heart sad.

I'm very interested to know whether she actually picked up the money transfer from her brother at Walmart? And if so, at what time? And was she seen afterward by anyone other than boyfriend Mr. Gary? It is strange that he didn't report her missing until her mother called him asking where she was. Lots of wilderness up there. I do hope LE has some positive news to share today at the PC.

I can't see PC info.....body found? One comment says: "RIP, my friend."

ETA: Body found on property in Millersburg. 55 year old suspect in custody, not yet named.

State Police Believe They Found Body Of Missing Woman in Presque Isle Co.

State Police in Alpena held a press conference on Wednesday announcing that they believe they have found the body of Heather Young.

On August 9th, deputies issued a search warrant for a property on Rainy Lake Road in Millersburg

Deputies found the remains of a body that they believe is Heather Young.

A 55-year-old male suspect is in custody.

Here's a map for Rainy Lake Road.

:rose: Rest in Peace, Heather Young.

Body of missing woman found, man arrested for murder
By Sarah Roebuck Wednesday, August 10th 2016

The investigation took place on an 80 acre piece of property. During the full day search on Tuesday, State Police recovered evidence from the scene. Later in the day, remains of a body were found in a wooded area. The remains are believed to be that of Heather Young.

During a press conference on Wednesday, State Police said the suspect is a 55-year-old man currently behind bars at the Presque Isle Jail. The name of the suspect will not be released until he has been arraigned which could be later Wednesday. The suspect is facing charges of first degree murder, felon in possession of a firearm, and two counts of felony firearm.

UpNorthLive Facebook Has interesting comments, particularly a comment by A.G.

http://www.thealpenanews.com/news/local-news/2017/05/walker-pleads-guilty-in-murder-case/

During the hearing Walker admitted using a .22 rifle to kill Young before working to dispose of her remains.

“I shot Heather Young twice, burned her in a fire pit and cut her up with a chainsaw,” Walker told Circuit Court Judge Scott C. Pavlich. “It happened out in Millersburg on Rainy Lake on my brother’s property.”

During the plea hearing Pavlich asked whether Walker believed the gun shots were what killed Young outright. Walker said Young was dead before her remains were burned and dismembered.

Walker gave no explanation during the hearing as to his motivations in killing Young.

Under sentencing guidelines Walker could face up to life in prison for the murder charge and a mandatory two consecutive years in jail for the firearms charge.

A sentencing date has been scheduled for June 12, according to court staff.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back