IL IL - Cook Co., WhtFem UP15494, 71-80, nursing home patient with dementia, Nov'15 - Reba Bailey

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
NamUs UP 15494

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/15494

No Image Available

Unidentified White Female

Body Condition: Face recognizable
Probable year of death: to

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 71-80
Approximate Height: cannot estimate.
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate.
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown

Clothing & Accessories

Clothing: nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is currently not available
Dentals: Dental information / not available
DNA: Sample submitted - Not yet submitted

Case History
Has been a nursing home patient for several years with advanced dementia and an unknown ID.

How do you ID someone when all you know is female 71-80. Take her picture already. She's been there multiple years and they are only just now trying to ID her? They don't even know her eye color.?

What type of nursing home is this? Sounds like something is way off the charts that there are no identifying markers for her in her records.

It also sounds like she does not have any family or contact numbers.

I find it pathetic where it states she is "recognizable". No, after this length of time, she won't be recognizable.

This lady was a person! She deserved better treatment than she apparently was getting. While we don't know much about her, the facts the nursing home has released calls for an investigation of this nursing home!!! The government, I am sure paid them, yet they can't identify the person under their care? You can bet they had a name and social security number to bill Medicaid monthly!

They can have height, weight, eye color, general health, much health history, dentition. This information is available without language.

Possibly, HIPPA or FERPA or whatever keeps the information from us?

Probably. Could be state law as well.

It mentions DNA sample so I wonder if they just put in a stub record to allow the DNA to be compared.

Might be worth calling the Namus coordinator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone please post a link to the namus posting?

Namus add other photos

b

Hhhmm, photos from the 1980's could have been used a few decades ago to seek information about this lady!

Sad, is she now deceased? That could be a post-mortem image.

Could she be "Seven Doe" mentioned in this article?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-met-john-does-20120221-story.html

"She claims to be 71. She became a ward in 2003 after going into diabetic shock and landing in the hospital. Before that, she lived for 27 years at St. Francis Catholic Worker House in the Uptown neighborhood in Chicago. Police said Seven has "unreadable" fingerprints, something that is common with fire victims and others who have deformities."

Could she be "Seven Doe" mentioned in this article?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-met-john-does-20120221-story.html

"She claims to be 71. She became a ward in 2003 after going into diabetic shock and landing in the hospital. Before that, she lived for 27 years at St. Francis Catholic Worker House in the Uptown neighborhood in Chicago. Police said Seven has "unreadable" fingerprints, something that is common with fire victims and others who have deformities."

Certainly possible! Good find, did the Boston Terrier sniff this out???

Namus add other photos

b

Hmm. If they are indeed her she certainly looks very "mannish" in those shots, especially the profile one. I wonder if she could have been transgender or a crossdresser, or perhaps a "butch" lesbian.

OK, call me crazy, but I have an idea on this one. Here's where it came from. This case doesn't have a lot of identifiers, so I'm flying blind here, but what we do know is that she was roughly 71, which means that she was born around 1946-47. My mother is exactly the same age, and also has dementia, and I'll tell you, it has aged her both mentally and physically and she looks nothing like she did in her youth. So, I went into Namus and pulled all the women who disappeared after 1945 in Illinois, who would have been the right ages at the right times. Then I started backwards from 2003, which is when this poor lady was in the institution she was in. Then I'm choosing to believe the story that she lived in care for 27 years prior to that, which means it was someone who disappeared before 1976. So, I took my list of women who disappeared in Illinois before 1976, who were the right ages at the right times, and came up with about 5. I'm keeping an open mind about the physical appearance, as I only have the basics from the photos, and like I mentioned, I know that a woman at 71 with dementia, or 58 with mental health issues (back to 2003 or thereabouts, when the younger pictures could have been taken), and I compared pictures of the missing women.

So here's where you can call me crazy, but could this be what happened to Mary Ann Switalski ? There's a 13 year gap, but that's enough in rough enough circumstances, maybe with mental illness in the mix, a breakdown, who knows...

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/switalski_mary.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4642/0/

It's the nose, and the eyes. I'm having trouble with the ears, which are very different, but years of earrings, or just age could change lobes possibly ?
img_21431.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back