NY - Samia Yusef, 15 mo, killed & possibly put in the freezer, Mt. Vernon, 5 Aug 2016

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

The mother of a 15-month-old girl has been arrested after police said the toddler was found dead inside a home in Mount Vernon.

Dasia Bartee, 26, faces charges in connection with the death of her daughter, Samia Yusef, officials said Saturday. Mayor Richard Thomas told 1010 WINS that Bartee has been charged with first degree manslaughter. She is set to be arraigned on Monday.

(...)

Police now say the initial investigation shows Samia had been dead for at least several hours. While the cause of death is still unclear, police said she had “significant trauma to the face and suffered internal bleeding.”

In what they also called “an unusual situation,” investigators said her body was extremely cold. Police said they are investigating the possibility that her body “may have been placed in a freezer at some point in time.”
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/08/06/mount-vernon-toddler-death-arrest/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 179
I am so sorry Sweet Samia...RIP and fly with the angels...:rose:

I hope her family gets justice for her. RIP.

Mom was arraigned. This makes me ill.

"De'asia Bartee, 26, was charged with a felony count of first-degree manslaughter in the death of Samia Yusef. In Mount Vernon City Court, she hung her head throughout the proceeding. She had tears in her eyes as she was led away afterward, as family members called out messages of support to her.....

Westchester Assistant District Attorney Karen Herbert said in court that the little girl was crying, and Bartee, in an attempt to get the child to stop crying, struck her "six or seven times in the back" then rolled the child on her leg, exacerbating her injuries. The felony complaint against Bartee says she struck the girl with a "closed fist," "causing a lumbar fracture and internal bleeding."
Herbert said "this child clearly died a painful, horrible death."
She also said Bartee had an "extensive" history with Child Protective Services."
http://www.lohud.com/story/news/crime/2016/08/08/mount-vernon-mom-arraigned-toddler-death/88385736/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her family members 'called out messages of support' for her? I can assure you all, if I had bludgeoned my baby to death to keep her from crying, NONE of my family would have been calling out to me in support. :no: I don't get it.

Between CPS and the extended family members who lived in the home, people had to have known this poor baby was in danger[emoji35]

"Lou Young reported case workers were at the home of 15-month-old Samia Yusef at least a dozen times before she was killed last week. At least one of those calls involved a child with a broken arm as most of the calls go back years."
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/08/11/samia-yusef-mount-vernon/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member