OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
ATTENTION - Please read the Mod Notes included in this post and thank the post signifying that you have done so before proceeding to post your thoughts on this case.

Ohio Shooting: Latest on Pike County murders

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio — No arrests have been made in the shooting investigation of eight execution-style killings of members of the Rhoden family last month in Pike County, Ohio.

[...]

The latest in the investigation in Pike County was that vehicles were towed on Tuesday from the various crime scenes as evidence, confirmed Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Attorney General.
There’s been no word on how many vehicles were being towed away or where they were taken

Ohio family massacre highlights rural region’s ties to illegal drugs
POSTED 6:00 PM, MAY 1, 2016, BY CNNWIRE

23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

link

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

MOD NOTE: You may discuss the criminal records of the family members who were murdered. In light of the grow operations they may be very relevant. Please refrain from posting criminal histories of other individuals who have not been named persons of interest or suspects by LE or simply because they have the last name of the victims or may be a distant cousin or aunt. Stick with the victims for now. That may change as more develops on this case.

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

There are no named POIs or suspects so keep speculation and theories broad.

Rules Etiquette & Information

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION

CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19

Victims
Rhodens-all-2.jpg

link:rose:

From left, top row: Christopher Rhoden Jr., Christopher Rhoden Sr., Dana Rhoden, Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden; bottom row: Hanna Rhoden, Hannah Gilley, Kenneth Rhoden, Gary Rhoden

maybe 20 is the lucky number. The thread we are in when an arrest is made and we see some justice for the brutal murders of these 8 family members.

Please continue here.

Well, here we are in a brand new thread; wish there was some brand new news!

Regulars in annual fair event remember the Rhodens, for whom driving was a tradition

“It’s seeing who can build the toughest stuff and go the hardest,” he said. “Frankie was a big part the derby family. And we’re all gonna miss seeing Little Chris get his chance.”

Among the crowd of thousands who filled every seat in the grandstands and stood three-deep at the fence was Brentley Rhoden. He will turn 4 on September 26.

He watched from the back of a Ford pickup pulled close to the action, and hugged a blow-up Spiderman someone had won for him at a midway game. He cheered as the cars’ engines roared and ducked when the spinning tires spit hunks of mud into the air. The choking smell of burning rubber, blown engines and exhaust didn't faze him.

He wore a tank top that his mom, Chelsea Robinson, made for him. On the back it read My Daddy 926 and Hazel 228 (the nickname of Hannah Gilley, and her car number). In the middle was a heart made from silver glitter that Brentley sprinkled on himself.

By the time midnight approached and before the last heat was over, he was curled asleep in the seat of the truck, his belly stuffed with grape snow cones, his head filled with memories.

more

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/08/07/piketon-rhoden-derby.html#

Thanks for posting that article. Really sweet that Chelsie continues a family tradition with her son. I know that will help keep his dad's memory alive for him.

DeWine on Pike Co. shootings: Someone involved ‘knew the territory’

DeWine said the murders were “well planned” and executed by more than one person. He said at least one person involved was familiar with the properties where the bodies were found. While investigators have made progress, DeWine said the outcome is still nowhere in sight.

DeWine has kept a tight lid on releasing details of what investigators are learning. Autopsy reports have been withheld from the public.

“The reason for that is there’s certain facts that only — at this point — only the murderer knows,” he said. “We don’t want to broadcast those facts. Because once you do, it becomes much more difficult to judge the credibility of something someone comes in and tells you.”

“Clearly, this was a serious commercial operation,” said DeWine, who would not confirm whether there are any connections to international drug cartels.

more

http://m.whio.com/news/news/crime-l...-/nr9ny/?ecmp=whiotv_social_facebook_2014_sfp

It's always good to get an update, no matter how small. But if they just released bullet nos. to people, and TOD, I do not believe that could in any way compromise the investigation. Even if they just released one or the other, maybe it would give us another angle to work with. Nothing, nothing, nothing helps nobody!

Jonathan Keilholz ‏@JDKeilholz 1h1 hour ago
JUST IN: @DispatchAlerts (Columbus Dispatch) is suing Pike County coroner over records of dead Rhoden family members http://10tv.com

https://twitter.com/JDKeilholz

The Dispatch filed the suit in the Ohio Supreme Court.

The suit, filed against Pike County Coroner Dr. David Kessler, came after The Dispatch was denied three times after officially asking for the final autopsy reports. The Dispatch contends that the final autopsy reports are of great public interest and of "significant value to The Dispatch in our news gathering activities." Those records, the suit alleges, are public documents held by a public office and should be released.

Kessler, who didn't immediately return Monday afternoon voicemails, contends the records are part of "a homicide investigation (and) are considered "confidential law enforcement investigatory records" and not subject to Ohio's public records laws.

Last month, The Cincinnati Enquirer filed a similar suit seeking access to the autopsies' preliminary findings.

More:
http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...ml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed#

Article contains links to the Dispatch's Complaint and Memorandum.

Since DeWine is firm on the Rhoden's having what he now calls a commercial grow op & the Eury's were busted a couple of weeks ago with a $4 million dollar underground operation with an elevator & bank vault doors, maybe one of the Eury's will talk about who else is involved in that area & who might be helping to fund these sophisticated grows to get a lighter sentence. Wishful thinking but hey, it could happen.

http://local12.com/news/local/adams-county-shuts-down-massive-pot-grow

Probably won't matter which or how many newspapers file to sue Pike county, that will all just get pushed to the back burner, and we won't know anything til it's all over! I am really sick of Pike county's BS.

more

http://m.whio.com/news/news/crime-l...-/nr9ny/?ecmp=whiotv_social_facebook_2014_sfp

Thanks for the link, Dr. Know?

from the link

DeWine said the murders were “well planned” and executed by more than one person. He said at least one person involved was familiar with the properties where the bodies were found. While investigators have made progress, DeWine said the outcome is still nowhere in sight.

bbm

Knew the Territory - Local?

Well Planned - Knew they all would be sleeping? Waited for Dana to be home and sleeping? Waited for Hanna to be home after having the baby?

More then one person - More then one weapon? Times of death coincide? Manner of death is not the same?

Familiar with the properties where the bodies were found - They knew the lay out of the properties? or the homes interior? layout of the rooms and were they all slept?

I don't see this as a cartel. I don't see this as an outsider. This does seem to be someone close.

I still feel the children were overlooked. jmo idk

from the link

bbm

Well Planned - Knew they all would be sleeping? Waited for Dana to be home and sleeping? Waited for Hanna to be home after having the baby?

More then one person - More then one weapon? Times of death coincide? Manner of death is not the same?

Familiar with the properties where the bodies were found - They knew the lay out of the properties? or the homes interior? layout of the rooms and were they all slept?

I don't see this as a cartel. I don't see this as an outsider. This does seem to be someone close.

But they still talk like they have no idea who is responsible for doing it.

Since DeWine is firm on the Rhoden's having what he now calls a commercial grow op & the Eury's were busted a couple of weeks ago with a $4 million dollar underground operation with an elevator & bank vault doors, maybe one of the Eury's will talk about who else is involved in that area & who might be helping to fund these sophisticated grows to get a lighter sentence. Wishful thinking but hey, it could happen.

http://local12.com/news/local/adams-county-shuts-down-massive-pot-grow
After reading this two things came to mind...

It may have been Eury himself trying to fund the Rhoden's grow and things somehow went sour and maybe he ordered a hit.

If it was higher up than Eury they better be offering witness protection for his whole family for him to talk.

That is really hard to believe there is no connection when they are such a close proximity to each other.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

from the link

bbm

He also stated, "“Someone was involved who knew that area, and probably knew those homes and at least some of the people who were victimized. But beyond that I really can’t say.”

I'm seeing that at least one of them knew everyone, and had been in all the homes, and is likely living there in the community (possibly both from the area and the other may have been acquainted with them). I don't see the children as overlooked b/c of the fact that I think that at least one of the assailants knew the family intimately and had been in all of the homes. They'd know about the children. I think the children may possibly be thought to be in danger, b/c of other family members who may be thought to be in danger, that the children would be around, thereby placing them in danger. Also could be that some family member(s) are suspects and they don't want the children in the mix of what could be an inner family feud.

God I wish my laptop didn't die. This would be so much easier than trying to work this all out on a phone and a tablet! Ugh

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

I hope someone(s) that DeWine is insinuating who might be close, is shaking now.

He also stated, "“Someone was involved who knew that area, and probably knew those homes and at least some of the people who were victimized. But beyond that I really can’t say.”

I'm seeing that at least one of them knew everyone, and had been in all the homes, and is likely living there in the community (possibly both from the area and the other may have been acquainted with them). I don't see the children as overlooked b/c of the fact that I think that at least one of the assailants knew the family intimately and had been in all of the homes. They'd know about the children. I think the children may possibly be thought to be in danger, b/c of other family members who may be thought to be in danger, that the children would be around, thereby placing them in danger. Also could be that some family member(s) are suspects and they don't want the children in the mix of what could be an inner family feud.

JMO Bingo!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member