1069 users online (236 members and 833 guests)  

Websleuths News

Australia - Please take a minute to read this adorable story

WOW! Please take a minute to read this adorable story

Our 14-year-old dog Abbey died last month. The day after she passed away my 4-year-old daughter Meredith was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her. I told her that I thought we could so, and she dictated these words:

My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Not the Bronx
    Tears. So very sweet!

Just lovely. Thank you for drawing my attention to this, los2188.

I must admit it brought tears to my eyes as I know how hard it is to lose a non-human animal friend, even when you're an adult. It's a very sad and lonely time. God Bless Abbey, Meredith and her Mum and especially the beautiful soul who answered their letter with such compassion.
    'Morality is the basis of things and truth is the substance of all morality.' ~Mahatma Ghandi
    'Any fool can make a rule, and every fool will follow it.' ~Henry David Thoreau
    'The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind.' ~William Blake