756 users online (96 members and 660 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Australia - Please take a minute to read this adorable story

WOW! Please take a minute to read this adorable story

Our 14-year-old dog Abbey died last month. The day after she passed away my 4-year-old daughter Meredith was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her. I told her that I thought we could so, and she dictated these words:
    https://www.facebook.com/hit107/phot...type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/hit107/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Tears. So very sweet!

Just lovely. Thank you for drawing my attention to this, los2188.

I must admit it brought tears to my eyes as I know how hard it is to lose a non-human animal friend, even when you're an adult. It's a very sad and lonely time. God Bless Abbey, Meredith and her Mum and especially the beautiful soul who answered their letter with such compassion.
    Posts are my opinion/speculation with the exception of relevant source material

The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission