1265 users online (184 members and 1081 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Does anyone know how the death occurred? Equipment failure, crash or velocity of ride? Thanks.
    My opinion only, unless referenced or supported by a link. Thank you!

I've just been reading about this it is tragic. Hopefully they can figure out exactly how it happened. There used to be an age 14 requirement to ride this along with minimum height but the age requirement of 14 was removed at some point. R.I.P Caleb Schawb.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ray_of_hope View Post
    Does anyone know how the death occurred? Equipment failure, crash or velocity of ride? Thanks.
    No news about this yet it is under investigation.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

KS - Child dies on 17-story Schlitterbahn water park slide 'Verrückt'

The victim has been identified. He was only 10:

The world’s tallest water slide turned deadly on Sunday after a Kansas state lawmaker's son was killed on the Kansas City attraction.

Caleb Thomas Schwab, the son of Rep. Scott Schwab, died on the 17-story water slide known as the Verrückt — boasted as a ride taller than Niagara Falls — at Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas.

Kansas lawmaker's son killed riding world’s tallest water slide
    http://nydn.us/2aMQlqC
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

KCTV5 - Kansas City on Twitter:

Here's a photo of Caleb Schwab, who died at Schiltterbahn today.
    https://t.co/e7SMmJmTfE

https://mobile.twitter.com/KCTV5/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

#RIPCaleb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Caleb Thomas Schwab, a freckled baseball and soccer enthusiast, was the son of Rep. Scott Schwab and his wife, Michele. Hours after the fun and laughter, the Schwabs were being comforted at their home with hugs and kisses of friends and colleagues. One of them was state Sen. Greg Smith who lost his own daughter, Kelsey, to a murderer in 2007.
    The ride is covered in netting because the sides of the chute are low so the riders can see out.

“It’s nice to always know that nobody’s ever going to come out of the ride,” Henry said on opening day.

Henry told USA Today at the time of the opening that the slide was dangerous, “but it’s a safe dangerous now. Schlitterbahn is a family water park, but this isn’t a family ride. It’s for the thrill seekers of the world, people into extreme adventure.”
    Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...#storylink=cpy

Kansas City Star:

Son of Kansas lawmaker dies on Verrückt slide at Schlitterbahn water park in Kansas City, Kan.

---
    “We honestly don’t know what’s happened,” Winter Prosapio, corporate director of communications for Schlitterbahn, said. “That’s why a full investigation is necessary. We have to understand what’s happened."
    ---
    much more at the link

That photo just breaks my heart. CNN didn't have much info either regarding what may have happened. So sad.
    My opinion only, unless referenced or supported by a link. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Anna View Post
    This article has a photo from inside the slide that shows the netting.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ater-park.html When I went on a ride like this many years ago but nowhere near as high I sat at the front and was frightened of being thrown out of the front. We don't know yet if Caleb was on the ride with anyone but if he was their information will play a key role in explaining what went tragically wrong.

Erika Tallan@ErikaTallan 4h4 hours ago
    @FOX2now according to tweets from @meganbrilley... a witness told her the boy was decapitated. Officials won't say.

@FOX2now @meganbrilley I know.its so sad.I remember reporting on the ride's opening delayed cuz test dummies went airborne.

They are not saying this is what happened... just that they remember reporting on the delayed opening because of the test dummy issue.

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    @FOX2now according to tweets from @meganbrilley... a witness told her the boy was decapitated. Officials won't say.

@FOX2now @meganbrilley I know.its so sad.I remember reporting on the ride's opening delayed cuz test dummies went airborne.

They are not saying this is what happened... just that they remember reporting on the delayed opening because of the test dummy issue.

Horrible. Terrible enough that the child died, but if that's true I can't imagine the trauma these parents experienced and will continue to relive throughout their lives.

There was a thread here at WS when this ride first opened..... One of the posts mentioned this slide looking like an accident waiting to happen.

So sad, horrific.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Looking back at the video, I wonder if maybe he was propelled through the netting which then sliced through him like a razor blade. Sorry. All kinds of terrible images going through my mind. If this wasn't designed to be a "family ride," why didn't they limit it to adults, say 18yo and older?

I remember watching videos of tests of this rides a few years ago and the boats went airborne. It was horrible looking. I was surprised that it ever opened at all, honestly.

The combined weight of passengers needs to be between 400 and 550, I believe. I remember thinking how creepy it was that it was so specific on weight like that.

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast