1002 users online (183 members and 819 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

CO - Alice Caver, 14, Westminster, 7 Aug 2016

Girl, 14, missing in Westminster
    http://www.9news.com/news/local/girl...ster/290742292

"WESTMINSTER - Westminster Police are searching for a 14-year-old girl last seen at a dog park Sunday evening."

Snip

"If you have information on where Alice might be, contact the Westminster Police Department 303-658-4360."

(Photo: Westminster Police Department)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by margarita25; 08-08-2016 at 02:27 PM.

Very sad.

"Alice is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall, 175 pounds with brown hair and hazel eyes. She was last seen wearing a dark blue shirt and khaki shorts."

http://www.9news.com/news/local/girl...ster/290742292

14-year-old girl, dog reported missing in Westminster
    http://kdvr.com/2016/08/08/teenage-g...n-westminster/

Alice Caver and her dog Chip were last seen at a dog park in Westminster on Sunday, Aug. 7, 2016.

"Alice Caver and her dog Chip were dropped off at a dog park at West 100th Avenue and Simms Street about 6:20 p.m. by Caver's mother. Alice was told to be home before dark, but she never made it, police said.

She was reported missing about 10 p.m. Alice requires medication and has missed several doses."

Last edited by margarita25; 08-08-2016 at 02:09 PM. Reason: added map image

Helicopter, dogs used in search for missing girl
    Police are asking for the public's help to find a missing teenager.

14-year-old Alice Caver and her dog missing in Westminster
    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...in-westminster

"WESTMINSTER, Colo. -- A helicopter and dogs are being brought in to help search for a missing teenager because her life may be in danger, police said.

Alice Caver, and her dog, were dropped by her mother at Westminster Hills dog park at 100th and Simms Sunday night around 6:20 p.m."

Snip

"Police told Denver7 they are concerned Caver's life may be in danger because she is dehydrated and has been gone for too long without food/water and her medication."

Developmentally Disabled Teen Missing In Westminster
    http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/08/0...m-westminster/

"She is described as low functioning, prompting the alert from Westminster police. Alice lives near the dog park."

Copter4 flew over the dog park on Monday morning (credit: CBS)

"Bloodhounds have been brought in to help track her scent and a helicopter from Douglas County has joined the search effort."

(Sorry for the multiple posts, trying to get this thread started and get all the necessary info out there/media outlets providing information before I have to get back to work.)

Will volunteer searchers be asked to assist? I can help this evening. WPD is very experienced and capable. They might not want people contaminating scents, etc. Would like to help tonight. Will be checking in frequently.

http://www.ci.westminster.co.us/Park...f-LeashDogPark This dogpark is huge. I am assuming this is the one she was at. 420 acres. I wonder if it was busy, was a nice day, but that is close to supper hour. I wonder if anyone saw here there, or saw her leave. I am assuming not too many business's with CCTV in that area. I hope she if found. With them saying she is low functioning, I cannot help but wonder why she was alone. IMHO

Hmmm I wonder how long the home is from the park? Is she used to going to the dog park alone? Does she know how to get home?
    It's a good thing, maybe, that the dog hasn't been found. Hopefully they are both together, just a little bit lost.

Thanks, Margarita, for starting this thread. I saw the article last night & I was going to start a thread today if she had not been found.... but I couldn't ever get to it.

I don't like this... she's young and inexperienced, and most likely may not know at all how to handle an adverse situation/person. Maybe she is just lost, scared, and hiding. Any searches yet? Does anyone know?

The article said she lives near the dog park - would she know how to get home from there by herself in daylight hours? (Now I'm thinking about someone offering her a ride, and that makes me SMH.) It's damm hard for females sometimes. Just damm hard. Grrrrrr.

Too much time, too much time has passed. Please let this one end happily ever after.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

I just talked to WPD to ask if they need any volunteer searchers to help. They said they are requesting that people do not come out at this time, as I figured, but thanked me for my call.

I wonder if any information from her electronic footprints has been gained yet. Did she wander off? Go to a friend's? Arrange to meet with someone? Have a medical issue? God Forbid, I hope she has not encountered a predator (and her dog ). Very worried for this girl, but if ANYONE can find her and get answers, it's WPD.

Does she have a cellphone?
    Last edited by margarita25; 08-08-2016 at 03:19 PM. Reason: typo

Does Alice have a history of running away? So many questions. If she is just lost, hopefully the copter and dogs can find her. WPD is very experienced with grid searches, etc after Jessica's case. Please be found safe!! I can not bear the thought of another active predator in our neighborhood.

Thank goodness the weather is not too hot today, 83 degrees and mostly cloudy.

Time is of essence. What medication does she take?

Last edited by margarita25; 08-08-2016 at 03:21 PM. Reason: typos

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast