1030 users online (226 members and 804 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PA - Philadelphia BlkMale 945UMPA, 20-35, Unicorn Tattoo, Sep'00 *Eddie Vaneiter*

The Doe Network:
    Case File 945UMPA
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/945umpa.html
    NamUs UP 2690
    (Warning - Postmortem Photo at Link)
    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2690

Unidentified Male

The victim was discovered on September 22, 2000 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Estimated Date of Death: Hours prior to discovery
    State of Remains: Recognizable Face

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 20-35 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5'9"; 138 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Possibly Black or Hispanic. Short black hair, curly on top and close cropped on the sides.; brown eyes. Thin mustache and goatee, black in color. 1" scar on back of left shoulder. 3/4" circular scar, below the left knee. 1" vertical scar to the left ankle. 2.5" irregular y-shaped scar on right forearm. 2" scar on left hand. 1/4" scar on left thumb. One piercing in each ear earlobe.
    Tattoos: "the best" upper right arm, a heart on upper right arm, a unicorn on upper right arm, initials "PL" on upper right arm.
    Clothing: Black, "Hugo Boss" underwear, worn inside out.
    Fingerprints: Available
    DNA: Complete - mtDNA & nucDNA Profile available - FBI NMPDD
    Case History
    (Per DoeNetwork)
    The victim was located in a vacant lot at 10th and Wyoming Streets, bound and wrapped in a blanket. A large quantity of drugs were located in the stomach and intestines.
    (Per NamUs)
    The decedent is an unidentified Male, possibly black or Hispanic, in his 20's or 30's. He is discovered in a vacant lot bound and wrapped in a blanket. Autopsy revealed that a large quantity of drugs were located in the stomach and intestines. Investigation to date has produced no viable leads.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 08-09-2016 at 01:15 AM.

This newly added MP is definitely a match.

Eddie Vaneiter
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34664/0

* The Date LKA (21-Sep-2000) is only one day before the date of discovery (22-Sep-2000)
    * Eddie was heading for the NYC area when LKA. The UP was found in Philadelphia.
    * His age (26) is consistent to the UP's 20-35 age estimate.
    * His estimated height (67" to 69") matches the UP's height (69")
    * The fine details of their facial features are very consistent, as is their overall look.
    * Both the UP and MP have pierced ears.
    * His race (Black/Hispanic from Curaçao) matches to the UP's description ("Possibly Black or Hispanic").
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 08-10-2016 at 02:02 AM.

Strange. It appears that Eddie Vaneiter is the name of the Miami Detective in charge of this missing person case (as indicated in the "Investigating Agency" section of the NamUs MP casefile), not of the missing person.

That sounds like the record was entered by someone who hadn't had their coffee yet that morning. "Van Eiter" sounds like a fairly likely name for someone from a Dutch territory (Googling for "Van Eiter" quickly produced the Facebook profile of someone with the initial 'A' who lives in Curacao, so I'm guessing someone misentered the detective field.)

I think information is corrected now - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34664/0

Investigating Agency

Detective
    Last name
    Gowdie
    Phone
    305-418-7200

Case number
    596754-X

Carl, that is brilliant news and great eye, hopefully authorities will confirm match soon and Eddie can finally go home.

Unfortunately there are quite a few Jane and John Ds in New York and other databases around the world from 90ties and 00ies who had similar fate of burst "goods" in their stomach. Due to Aruba, Suriname and Curacao being Dutch colonies, their drugs swamped Holland too and from there rest of Europe with "goods in belly" smuggling on rapid increase around those years. I remember Holland made some kind of special laws and even prison cells just for them at the time as there were catching so many drug mules at the airport on daily basis.

That's him without a doubt. The ears match, and you can see the teeth on the PM match the MP photo. Good eye!

that looks just like him, and it makes sense that he was body packing if he came from another country. usually though, dont the traffickers cut them out? sad for him. did anyone call him in?

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    did anyone call him in?
    Yes, I did.

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    that looks just like him, and it makes sense that he was body packing if he came from another country. usually though, dont the traffickers cut them out? sad for him. did anyone call him in?
    None of the East Coast Jane and John Ds drug mules I came across in NamUs were cut. There were victims of international drug trafficking operations (hence big cities as Miami or New York), completely different ball game IMO to small deals of desperate street dealers.

So far I did not come across any case on West coast, but they probably had some routes over there too even despite areas being flooded by drugs from south.

I just looked at the PM pic, if this isn't Eddie I will eat my shoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

big time dealers cut the drugs out too. im thinking the ones found still packing died alone and were not found by the traffickers. usually, the body packers are picked up at airport and taken to a motel and they wait for the packets to pass. so they are in the company of the traffickers. but if for some reason they were to meet the traffickers somewhere, and a packet burst inside and they died alone, the trafficker wouldn't know where they were to retrieve their product.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Ka View Post
    None of the East Coast Jane and John Ds drug mules I came across in NamUs were cut. There were victims of international drug trafficking operations (hence big cities as Miami or New York), completely different ball game IMO to small deals of desperate street dealers.

So far I did not come across any case on West coast, but they probably had some routes over there too even despite areas being flooded by drugs from south.

Idk why he wasn't cut, either. He was bound, so clearly somebody wanted those drugs. Maybe a bad TSA agent or another passenger noticed him acting weird on the plane or in the airport and took him, but then chickened out on cutting them out because he wasn't sure if he had them until he ODed? Idk, this is so weird.

PM matches perfectly though, time to get an update, Carl!! *bump*

Permission Error for both John Doe and Eddie... Does it mean he was identified?
    The idea that someone's life matters less is root of all evil in this world

Quote Originally Posted by Triss View Post
    Permission Error for both John Doe and Eddie... Does it mean he was identified?
    I would think so.

Great job, Carl.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast