991 users online (174 members and 817 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TN - Timea Batts, 11, shot by father after getting off school bus, 8 August 2016

11-year-old Tennessee girl gets off school bus, tells parent she has been shot, dies from injuries

Authorities told WKRN the girl got off her school bus at her Hendersonville home. When she went inside, she told her father she had been shot.
    http://wgntv.com/2016/08/08/11-year-...from-injuries/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Story has changed:

Police told News 2 late Monday night that evidence shows the shooting happened inside the girl’s home in the 100 block of Shady View Drive.
    http://wkrn.com/2016/08/08/11-year-o...endersonville/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

That is horrifying. My heart goes out to her family. They must be absolutely devastated and shocked beyond belief.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by perfectingpink View Post

WOW, Hinky Meter alert.

The hashtag ‪#‎riptimea‬ has started trending locally online. Neighbors of 11-year-old Timea Batts told NewsChannel 5 that she had her first day of school today at Knox Doss Middle School. But it was a day that ended tragically when she was shot after getting off of the school bus.
    https://www.facebook.com/newschannel...type=3&theater
    - Audrey Hepburn

- Audrey Hepburn

What a cute little girl!

How horrifying that she comes home from first day of school and is shot and killed!! It sounds like it was by a parent.

This is a case of the evidence being pretty cut and dried. How many people are there in her home? Cases like this I would like to see the person thrown in jail and given the maximum sentence. Why go through the expense and time of a trial? I know, innocent until proven guilty, however, this isn't going to take too long to solve it.

My opinions only.

If you read some of the comments/replies, you can fill in some of the blanks. There are descriptions of local newscasters describing the scenario somewhat. Am I allowed to describe what the local news reports are saying?

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    If you read some of the comments/replies, you can fill in some of the blanks. There are descriptions of local newscasters describing the scenario somewhat. Am I allowed to describe what the local news reports are saying?
    You can if you have a link to the news report.
    - Audrey Hepburn

- Audrey Hepburn

You can if you have a link to the news report.
    It is hearsay I suppose because it was what others were saying they heard on the local news...

Awww, those 'make up tutorials' are so adorable. What a heartbreaking tragedy. ugghhhhhhhh

Dad charge in connectIon with shooting death of Hendersonville girl

Police arrested Timothy Batts, 29, on charges of reckless homicide, tampering with evidence, false reporting and felon in possession of a firearm in connection with the shooting death of Timea Lashay Batts at the home at 118 Shady View Dr.
    http://www.wsmv.com/story/32711647/d...rsonville-girl
    - Audrey Hepburn

Dad charge in connectIon with shooting death of Hendersonville girl

http://www.wsmv.com/story/32711647/d...rsonville-girl
    Dang. That was fast.

Why did the media think she got shot by an unknown before getting in the house ?
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    Dang. That was fast.

Why did the media think she got shot by an unknown before getting in the house ?
    Because that is what Daddy told the hospital when he drove her there.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast