GUILTY CA - Tara Correa-McMullen, 16, shot to death, Inglewood, 21 Oct 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
When Tara Correa-McMullen was 14, she got the kind of big break that aspiring actors long for — a recurring role on the TV show "Judging Amy."

She played a former gang member who over the course of the season is urged by the show's main character to turn her life around. At the end of the season, however, her character is killed in prison.

Last week, Tara, 16, was hanging out with friends in front of an apartment complex in Inglewood when she was fatally shot. Police described her as the innocent victim of a gang-related shooting.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-tara29oct29,1,1616483.story?coll=la-headlines-california

Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes. I don't know the actress or the shows she was in, but it is certainly ironic she was killed this way.

So sad. She was a good actress and had a bright future.

englishleigh said:
So sad. She was a good actress and had a bright future.
She was one of my favorites from this show, it is so very sad that this happened to her!Her character on the show was a tough gang member, but still a sweet girl underneath it all..Amy (Judge) took her under her wing and tried to help and then she was killed in juvinile detention..it is so sad and shocking that this happened.

From July 2009:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/entert...ler-Gets-Five-Consecutive-Life-Sentences.html

A gang member convicted of murdering teen actress Tara Correa-McMullen and a 31-year-old man during a two-day shooting spree in 2005 was sentenced Friday to consecutive life prison terms without parole.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Robert J. Perry said the defense had requested additional time so Damien Watts could make arrangements to get married, but said he was not going to delay the sentencing...

Watts, 23, was found guilty Jan. 23 of two counts of first-degree murder, along with the special circumstance allegations of gang murder and multiple murders.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back