CT CT - Lisa Joy White, 13, Vernon, 1 Nov 1974

Richard

Reaction score
Lisa Joy White, 13, Missing from Vernon, CT 1 Nov 1974: one of a series?

Lisa Joy White
Missing since November 1, 1974 from Rockville (or Vernon), Connecticut
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: February 2, 1961
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0"; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes. She had been a dancer and done acrobatics and was in perfect shape.
Marks, Scars: Small pock mark on forehead over right eye.
Clothing: Blue denim jacket and green pants She was not wearing any jewelry.
Dentals: Available. Had worn teeth braces - teeth perfectly aligned.
Other: Fingerprints not available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Lisa was last seen walking along Prospect Street in Vernon, Connecticut at 8:00 p.m. on November 1, 1974. Lisa had gone to see a friend in Rockville. After talking to her, she left to go home but never arrived.
She is the third person out of five to disappear from this area. The bodies of the last two were found a few years later - the first three were never found.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Vernon Police Department Detective Skewes 860-872-9126

NCIC Number: N/A

Source:
The Doe Network: Case File 1518DFCT

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1518dfct.html

--------------------------------------------------------
Could all of these cases be related?

Janice Pockett, 7, vanished in Tolland on July 26, 1973.

Debbie Spickler, 13, of Mystic, was visiting a relative in Vernon when she disappeared from Henry Park on July 24, 1968.

Stephanie Olisky, 15 East Windsor, 7/21/75 Found on Route 5 Critical Condition. Later dies. In East Windsor. Just two towns away from Vernon.

Pattie Luce abducted and later found murdered from Vernon (1977?) Found deceased in Marlborough.

Susan Larosa abducted in 1975 from Vernon found deceased a few years later south of I 84 in Vernon.

Here is another case which has similarities to the others:
The disappearance of Maria Florence Anjiras, 14. Missing since February 12, 1976 from Norwalk, Fairfield County, Connecticut. Maria was last seen on February 12, 1976 leaving her home on a blue English race bike. The bike was later found approximately one mile from Anjiras' home. She has not been heard from since.

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1032dfct.html

Smile22 had brought Lisa's case to my attention,a nd I was in the process of looking into some other simliar casesin the New England area.

Mary K. Mount 10, disappeared from a park near her home in New Canaan, CT, on May 27th, 1969. Her body was later located in a very remote area near Wilton, CT on July 7th, 1969. She had been seen talking to a white man in a white car before her disappearance.

Mary Olenchuk, 13, disappeared from her parents' vacation home in Ogunquit, ME August of '70. She was last seen parking her bike and getting into a maroon car operated by a white male in his mid-30s. Her reamins were later located in an abandoned barn near Kennebunk, ME a few months later.

Debra Lee Horn, 11, went missing from her Allenstown, NH home on Jan 29th, 1969 after her parents allowed her to stay home alone from school, complaining of an inury to her leg resulting from a fall on ice. Her nude body was found in the trunk of an abandoned car near Sandown, NH in August of '69.

Another case, though solved, may hold answers to other cases from the late '60s and the mid-'70s. 15 year-old Mary Lou Arruda disappeared while riding her bicycle home from a friend's home in Raynham, MA on Sept. 8th, 1978. Her remains were found tied to a tree on Nov 11th, 1978. In December, 32 year-old James Kater was arrested for Mary's abduction and murder. The day after Mary disappeared, Kater married an 18 year-old girl and went to Canada for two weeks for a "honeymoon". Kater had been released from prison in Jan of '76 after serving 6 1/2 years in prison for the rape of a 13 year-old girl.

i see alot of simlilarites between the ct girls except for the girl who went missing from norwalk norwalk is closer to new york as windsor tolland, and rockvill are close to mass. i dont want to rule anything out but anything is possible im sure someone out their knows something but is not speeking

[font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][size=-1]http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/183ufmn.html[/size][/font]
LWhite.jpg
183UFMN.jpg
183UFMN1.jpg
LWhite3.jpg

Lisa age 13 on left and right, Jane Doe center (2)

Possible match?

1. Lisa went missing in 1974, at the age of 13. Jane Doe Died in 1980 and is estimated to be 20-35. If this is Lisa would have been 19 in 1980.

2. The photos resemble Jane Doe - especially when you consider that Lisa would be 6 years older than indicated. The nose, chin and eyebrows and face outline are a match.

3. Lisa was 5 feet at 13, could she have grown 3" in 6 years... I think so.

4. Lisa had worn braces and her teeth were "perfectly aligned". Jane Doe has a "slight overbite". How slight? Is it possible the braces were removed too early?

5. Lisa is obviously a blond. Jane Doe is listed as Brown hair - this is a DISCREPANCY.

6. Lisa was a dancer and did acrobatics. Both of Jane Doe's feet were heavily calloused.

Don't know about this match... some things add up, others don't.

i looked at it and the clothing the jane doe had on and the clothing lisa had on were not a match though i could send over that info to a friend who knows more about the case. our local news station does a cold case series and has a brief video on the person they just did one on lisa white. the place jane doe was found and connecticut where lisa went missing. the distance to me is to far and would have taken her quite a while to make it that far hitckhiking

shadowangel said:
... In December, 32 year-old James Kater was arrested for Mary's abduction and murder. The day after Mary disappeared, Kater married an 18 year-old girl and went to Canada for two weeks for a "honeymoon". Kater had been released from prison in Jan of '76 after serving 6 1/2 years in prison for the rape of a 13 year-old girl.
James Krater would seem to be a likely candidate for having committed some of these attacks before and after his 6 and a half year prison stretch. What was the outcome of his trial for the murder of Mary Lou Arruda? Any further information on Krater?

I'm bumping this up, because there are new members of WS who might have some thoughts about these cases.

Here is a great site with a lot of info about unsolved CT homicides and disappearances. Unsolved homicides and missing persons from other states are listed here as well:

http://www.angelfire.com/ct3/unsolvedct/homicides.html

While probably not all of the cases discussed in this thread are linked to the same killer or killers, it is very likely that there are connections between them and possibly with other similar crimes in the country.

One person is mentioned as a possible suspect in one case, although he was in jail while some of the other crimes were committed.

35 years ago... November first will mark the 35 year anniversary of Lisa's disappearance.

----------------------------
Lisa Joy White
Missing since November 1, 1974 from Rockville, Tolland County, Connecticut
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: February 2, 1961
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0"; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes. She had been a dancer and done acrobatics and was in perfect shape.
Marks, Scars: Small pock mark on forehead over right eye.
Clothing: Blue denim jacket and green pants She was not wearing any jewelry.
Dentals: Available. Had worn teeth braces - teeth perfectly aligned.
Other: Fingerprints not available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Lisa was last seen walking along Prospect Street in Vernon, Connecticut at 20.00 on November 1, 1974. Lisa had gone to see a friend in Rockville. After talking to her, she left to go home but never arrived.

She is the third person out of five to disappear from this area. The bodies of the last two were found a few years later - the first three were never found.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Vernon Police Department
Detective Skewes
860-872-9126

NCMEC #: NCMC1008498

Source Information:

NCMEC
NBC 30
The Doe Network: Case File 1518DFCT

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1518dfct.html

I think she might be a match to this UID found in New Haven County. http://doenetwork.org/cases/93ufct.html. What pinged me to this is the UID had also had orthodontic care and she was found not far from where Lisa went missing. Lisa could have runaway with the man who did her harm or she could have met foul play while feeling like she was grown-up enough to deal with things. What do you all think?

The state is offering a $150,000 reward for any information that may help police solve any of the mysteries of what happened to three girls missing from the Vernon area for 40 years or more.

"Something that may have seemed insignificant to someone back then may be important information for us to have today," Tolland State's Attorney Matthew Gedansky said Thursday at a press conference at Vernon Town Hall.

Gedansky also announced the formation of a special Tolland County cold case task force that will handle any new tips that come in and also review the voluminous files of the three missing girls – Debra Spickler, Janice Pockett and Lisa White.
http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-missing-children-rewards-20141016-story.html

I think she might be a match to this UID found in New Haven County. http://doenetwork.org/cases/93ufct.html. What pinged me to this is the UID had also had orthodontic care and she was found not far from where Lisa went missing. Lisa could have runaway with the man who did her harm or she could have met foul play while feeling like she was grown-up enough to deal with things. What do you all think?

I'm not sure. Lisa is only 5 feet tall and the UID is 5.5"-5'6". There is a thread for this East Haven Jane Doe here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...CT-18-28-Wrapped-in-Paint-Spotted-Tarp-Aug-75
I'm never comfortable eliminating on a single detail since I've learned the details are slightly off often.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back